Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
There's no doubt that the expectations have not matched the timing. For all the market research that went into what people wanted, it sure seems like they dropped the ball on making sure they could execute and deliver.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: None anymore
So there isn't a single lounge opening in 2017.... And the first lounge won't open until 18 months after ORD's lounge opened.

Wow.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by warrenw
So there isn't a single lounge opening in 2017.... And the first lounge won't open until 18 months after ORD's lounge opened.

Wow.
Wow indeed. Great planning by United.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I spoke with *someone* in leadership at IAH last week and was told February 2018 is the target for the IAH Polaris lounge, which will occupy the third floor of the E lounge complex, formerly the upper level of the United Club. The main level of the United Club has been renovated, to have a higher capacity than before with larger seating areas. Opening should be very soon.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
I spoke with *someone* in leadership at IAH last week and was told February 2018 is the target for the IAH Polaris lounge, which will occupy the third floor of the E lounge complex, formerly the upper level of the United Club. The main level of the United Club has been renovated, to have a higher capacity than before with larger seating areas. Opening should be very soon.
Unless they are converting some space formerly not open to the public on the third floor of the existing E UC, how is that Polaris lounge not going to be too small from the beginning?

And again - how do they go over one year without opening a second Polaris location????
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA GS
As someone relocating from Chicago to NYC, the loss of the Polaris Lounge until next summer is very disappointing.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by halls120
And again - how do they go over one year without opening a second Polaris location????
To build them right from the start this time. Little doubt that adjustments based on the ORD lounge shortcomings delayed the others.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by halls120
Unless they are converting some space formerly not open to the public on the third floor of the existing E UC, how is that Polaris lounge not going to be too small from the beginning?
I would share the same concern. Though I suspect IAH will have less Polaris eligible customers than ORD, EWR, SFO, or IAD, since many of its international traffic (non-Polaris latin america) won't qualify.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
I would share the same concern. Though I suspect IAH will have less Polaris eligible customers than ORD, EWR, SFO, or IAD, since many of its international traffic (non-Polaris latin america) won't qualify.
TONS of *A will

LH
EVA
CA
ANA
SA

*A will probably account for more traffic than United, especially because the contract lounge is pretty bad and shared among everyone almost
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by minnyfly
To build them right from the start this time. Little doubt that adjustments based on the ORD lounge shortcomings delayed the others.
A year? It took a year to revise their plans? Doesn't speak well for their planning department.

Originally Posted by Kacee
If IAH has fewer Polaris customers than the other hubs, why is it being converted ahead of those that have more demand?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
I just booked my first flight with Polaris seat, to be done in January (EWR-NRT).

But from what I am seeing on the Web site, basically it is a very similar seat as to what AC and AA offers. And JL too. Among others.

Is the food really better? Or is the thing so special is the bedding by Sak's? I mean, a blanket is a blanket, and a pillow is a pillow, I don't care much about the branding, I care whether it is clean and soft...

Don't want to sound jaded here. I am just asking, how much is different, really?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by skidooman
I just booked my first flight with Polaris seat, to be done in January (EWR-NRT).

But from what I am seeing on the Web site, basically it is a very similar seat as to what AC and AA offers. And JL too. Among others.

Is the food really better? Or is the thing so special is the bedding by Sak's? I mean, a blanket is a blanket, and a pillow is a pillow, I don't care much about the branding, I care whether it is clean and soft...

Don't want to sound jaded here. I am just asking, how much is different, really?
Probably better discussed in the general Polaris thread, instead of here, which is about the lounge remodels.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ounges-86.html

Short answer, there is no difference in the service between Polaris with the updated seats. Just all-access and other seat benefits. If you have flown on any Polaris flight, it will be the same food / bedding / etc.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Could we change the thread title to Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2019? -2020?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
About a week ago, I got an email from UA stating:

"Lounge and club updates
Here is what you need to know about the United ClubSM locations at Washington Dulles:
United Club closure. The United Club location near Gate C17 is closed for repairs until November 1. Please visit our location near Gate C7 or D8."

When I first saw it closed, I wondered if it might be to make it Polaris, but with a 11/1 reopen date, that was dispelled. Has anyone been by to see if it has reopened? And I wonder if UA will ever make an announcement about progress on a Polaris lounge at IAD. Maybe they think they could never beat Lufthansa or Turkish, so won't bother trying.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Artpen100
Maybe they think they could never beat Lufthansa or Turkish, so won't bother trying.
Maybe that's the reason why IAD will be last

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.