Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family traveling on two PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Family traveling on two PNRs

Flying to the USA - I'm on one PNR, wife and our two underage children on a separate PNR. She is sick. If she doesn't make the trip, will UA still allow the children to fly with me if they are on a different PNR, provided I have birth certificates, passports, and anything else they might want to see?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Flying to the USA - I'm on one PNR, wife and our two underage children on a separate PNR. She is sick. If she doesn't make the trip, will UA still allow the children to fly with me if they are on a different PNR, provided I have birth certificates, passports, and anything else they might want to see?
Yes - consider a letter from your wife giving permission to have you travel with children without her. Check requirements from airline and your country.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:30 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Allow for extra time at checkin and immigration. While not required, it helps to have a letter from your spouse granting travel permission. Again not necessary but a witnessed or equivalent of notarized letter is even better. Small children traveling with one one parent can increase scrutiny depending on the passports / country of origin / ....
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewguy
Yes - consider a letter from your wife giving permission to have you travel with children without her. Check requirements from airline and your country.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Allow for extra time at checkin and immigration. While not required, it helps to have a letter from your spouse granting travel permission. Again not necessary but a witnessed or equivalent of notarized letter is even better. Small children traveling with one one parent can increase scrutiny depending on the passports / country of origin / ....
Thanks. Forgot to mention that grandmother will be with us also, but she'll be on yet a third PNR. Sounds like that aspect doesn't matter, though
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:48 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Depending on the country you're traveling from, it may well be required. Costa Rica and Mexico are such countries.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by l'etoile
Depending on the country you're traveling from, it may well be required. Costa Rica and Mexico are such countries.
UK
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:54 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Here's a letter that you may print, fill in blanks and have notarized. It's a UK letter.

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/u..._to_travel.pdf
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by l'etoile
Here's a letter that you may print, fill in blanks and have notarized.

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/u..._to_travel.pdf
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.