FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   For the first time in 16 1/2 years, no UA status :( (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1819145-first-time-16-1-2-years-no-ua-status.html)

CodeAdam10 Feb 1, 2017 4:58 pm

Someone with 1K or GS gift cblaisd UA status! ^

Why? Because cblaisd does so much for FT!

blueman2 Feb 1, 2017 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by FLYDCA (Post 27850927)
Many benefits can be purchased as needed per flight. Status is overrated these days.

THIS

Lani1 Feb 1, 2017 6:28 pm

Good luck , 17 year 1k mm and watching the value slip away year by year
homes in LA and Aspen and office in DC , Chicago and SFO so united still best choice , but if that were to change I could see going free agent route and just paying for FC

Mel Grant Feb 1, 2017 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by laxmillenial (Post 27849857)
Are you close to 1Million Mile status at least?

was thinking the exact same thing!!

TomMM Feb 1, 2017 7:03 pm

SWA has no PQD requirement:D

Phil Level Feb 1, 2017 7:24 pm

I'm curious if OP will start getting TOD offers now.

After years of Plat (and one year of 1K) I'm now a Silver. I used to book UA exclusively, now it's just a matter of which carrier has the best flight times & price for my LAX-EWR/JFK non-stop needs. Status, along with the RPUs that never cleared and expired last night, are worthless to me.

CCIE_Flyer Feb 1, 2017 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Lani1 (Post 27852354)
Good luck , 17 year 1k mm and watching the value slip away year by year
homes in LA and Aspen and office in DC , Chicago and SFO so united still best choice , but if that were to change I could see going free agent route and just paying for FC

And here I was trying to sort out the slyest approach to inserting a brad about my new pair of Tommy Bahama sunglasses :cool: - boy would've I been embarrassed if I'd posted first!

3Cforme Feb 1, 2017 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 27849814)
I understand why UA went to PQD minimums, but I will miss some of the fantastic people I got to know at every level of UA.

Now will pretty much be burning off accumulated miles...

Who is going to get your paid flying, and why?

MY-OTHER-BROTHER-"TED" Feb 1, 2017 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 27850075)
Sadly, no: 800,363 lifetime miles.

Same here --- Dropped down to lifetime Platinum from 1K today.
I'm at 2,827,951 BIS's and close to lifetime 1k, but being #17 on the upgrade list from IAH to BOS yesterday did the trick for me. BIG SHOT STATUS and 2 FREE RPU's, that are almost never available anymore, is compete and utter nonsense. I'm just a sloooooooooooooooooooow learner, I guess?

Anyone want a dozen snack boxes that even my kids won't eat? :rolleyes:

gene2632 Feb 1, 2017 10:09 pm

I am in a similar boat as cblaisd but I have had some kind of status for around 28 years and still only have about 800,000 miles. I used to do a lot of short haul when I was working. Now I am retired and it is EWR to LAS plus one overseas a year now...missed on the PDQ for 2016 because I chose to unlock the handcuffs and too AA for a TALT last Sept. Flights were so so in J so by the end of April I will be back to Silver after at TPAC in J and an LAS to EWR in a cheap F fare......I cannot see ever making the million miles so now I just choose the best times and deals and once I get this year in it will be time to start burning up the last of the miles. Tired to dealing with waitlisted upgrade requests.

matrixwalker2012 Feb 1, 2017 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 27852472)
SWA has no PQD requirement:D

Yeah, but they don't offer lie flat seats :D:D:D

skgolf91 Feb 2, 2017 12:26 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 27849814)
I did get the Explorer Card for the baggage allowance and at least highly theoretical possibly of an upgrade on award tix -- so I will occasionally see all of you from the Group Two line where I will be one of the kazillion people there. :)

i thought you had to have a status of Silver or higher for a chance to upgrade on award tickets?

superEGO Feb 2, 2017 2:49 am

Where's Premier Associate when ya need it?!

nwhsd Feb 2, 2017 9:59 am

Originally Posted by superEGO (Post 27853743)

I just went from 1K to MEMBER! arg! Does anyone have suggestions about how to get a "challenge" or whatever they may do now? I am 42K miles from 1MM but have a fair bit of travel to do on UA this year...

cblaisd Feb 2, 2017 10:21 am

Originally Posted by superEGO (Post 27853743)

I know someone who has continued to use his Premier Associate card from 2009 (?) to access the elite security lines at many airports. :)