Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: narvik
Recent changes to United's policy on pajamas and slippers increased the official availability from flights '12+ hours' to flights '14+ hours'.
There are currently (October/November 2023) mixed reports about actual availability, with some shorter than 14-hour flights still being provisioned with pajamas and slippers.

The printed on-board menu reads:

"Sleep soundly in the sky
Slippers are available by request on all international flights, along with pajamas for flights scheduled 14+ hours.
Ask your flight attendant if you'd like them."

Previous Wiki updated February 22, 2023, left here until final eligible routes can be established:

"On flights longer than 12 hours, we also offer 100% cotton pajamas upon request." (https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...laris-FAQ.aspx )
Pajamas are provisioned for about half of the eligible seats.
Flights with pajama service (for both directions)
SFO - ICN, PEK, PVG, TPE , AKL , HKG , CTU, SYD, TLV, SIN
EWR - TLV, NRT, PEK , DEL, BOM, HKG, PVG, CPT, JNB
ORD - NRT, PEK, PVG, HKG
LAX - PVG, SYD, MEL
IAD - NRT, PEK
IAH - NRT, SYD
(from United Twitter feed https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyjFHZLWEAAQV7X
New flights have been added, and some flights ended)

Note: United employee shop sells pajamas for $9.99 a pair as of 12/10/20

Print Wikipost

Pajamas in Polaris -- Experiences, How to Request UA PJs, Changing Logistics, ....

Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:16 pm

No PJs on 862 HKG-SFO today. FA cited supply issues. No slippers either. FA walked away with a shrug.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Just boarded flight UA 850 PEK-ORD. My partner and I got PJs and we saw FA proactively offering them to those sitting on the first class cabin of the three-class 772.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Just boarded UA872 and asked a CA for a medium PJ. She told me they don’t have PJs on short 10 hours flight like these and that they never have. When I told her I’ve had them every time I flew 872, she shrugged and walked away.
TPE is definitely a PJ route.
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Haha! UA872 TPE-SFO is an 11h 45m flight and is supposed to offer PJs to Polaris pax.
​​​​​​​The criterion is average of 12 hours for the RT. SFO-TPE pulls the average over 12.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Just boarded flight UA 850 PEK-ORD. My partner and I got PJs and we saw FA proactively offering them to those sitting on the first class cabin of the three-class 772.
Interesting.
I was on UA851 just few days ago.
Me: "Do you by any chance have PJs loaded on this flight?"
FA: "No, I am sorry, we have a supply issue and are currently out of stock."
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, some other stuff
TPE-SFO on Feb 27th. No PJs.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:35 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
PEK-EWR had them as well.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: UNITED 1K, THAI ROP GOLD, Marriott PLAT, Hilton Gold
was on UA6 feb 15 and they had PJ's and bed liners IAH to NRT (full flight in C)

was on UA7 Feb 27 and they had PJ's and bed liners NRT to IAH (Full flight in C)

No issue whats so ever. Feb 27 had a fantastic crew.. double servings of the ice cream sundae..
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:38 pm

UA955 TLV to SFO last week - no PJ (according to FA it was due to supply issues. only 4 PJs loaded for the entire flight)
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt; AMEX Plat; Hertz
UA870 SYD - SFO on Sunday - only one pair on board, which I grabbed. FA said I should have auctioned them on eBay since she had at least 8 requests for them.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
UA870 SYD - SFO on Sunday - only one pair on board, which I grabbed. FA said I should have auctioned them on eBay since she had at least 8 requests for them.
You could give it back to FA and ask for $150-200 voucher as compensation, instead!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by Kmxu

You could give it back to FA and ask for $150-200 voucher as compensation, instead!
I like the approach That said, I have failed to get PJ's on multiple flights, sent info to 1K Voice and .............................crickets. No response in over a week. I suspect comp might not be flowing in the near future.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
TPE is definitely a PJ route.

​​​​​​​The criterion is average of 12 hours for the RT. SFO-TPE pulls the average over 12.
Yep. Always had PJs regardless of direction of travel. Can't deny PJs just because jetstream

Sent a message to customer care and was offered $200 TC. Also told that the stock issue has been resolved and "Eligible United Polaris cabins are now stocked to our standard levels to ensure we can deliver on our promise."
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
No Pajamas on SIN-SFO on 3/6.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Also told that the stock issue has been resolved and "Eligible United Polaris cabins are now stocked to our standard levels to ensure we can deliver on our promise."
Originally Posted by kluau88
No Pajamas on SIN-SFO on 3/6.
Sigh.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Today's HKG-SFO flight: PJs were not proactively offered but after the meal service I asked a passing FA for some and she returned with one. I didn't see anyone in my section wearing them so I can't tell if the supply issue is resolved or I got the only one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.