Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at IAH [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at IAH [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If you look at the flight status for yesterday, flight 53 from LA arrived to gate e-4 about an hour late at 8:48

And that flight 53 out of IAH left from Gate E16 at 9:16, less than a half hour later.

Today the flight is set to arrive at C 42 and leave from E4

Just because a flight uses the same flight number does not mean you will not have to change planes, and maybe terminals.

If there's an option for an earlier flight, I would go for that.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Both "one stop" services to EZE (SFO/IAD/EZE, LAX/IAH/EZE) have uncomfortably close connection times. Listen to the wise Cordelli and book an earlier connection if you can. I recently flew SFO/IAD/EZE and took an earlier flight, which had an hour delay. I was glad I did so.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: CO Infinte Platinum, UAL 1K
Is There an Elite line for customs & security in IAH?

I was wondering if I can count on an Elite line for customs and security in IAH arriving in the morning from an international flight and having to connect to a domestic flight with only 75 minute connection with checked bags (CO to CO).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:54 am

There is but it is often as packed as the regular line, especially during peak hours
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:21 pm

Programs: UAL 1k, MM flyer, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
OneStop Program at IAH

If you have carry-on only, look for the "OneStop" access lines, which will save you a LOT of time getting through immigration/customs!

The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) OneStop program streamlines the inspection process for international travelers arriving to George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), allowing passengers who have only carry-on luggage faster processing in a special line.

There is no membership or registration required to participate in OneStop. Signage directs eligible passengers and crew members to one of four designated primary lanes at IAH. The main benefit of the program is the shortened entry process - travelers have both primary and exit control inspection in one location.

With OneStop, travelers provide their declaration form and approved travel documents to the CBP primary inspection officer who conducts a complete interview and review of documents to determine admissibility. Since there is no additional luggage to check, passengers are directed to a special exit where they will bypass the baggage carousels and the Exit Control area. The One-Stop primary inspection addresses all CBP requirements, which cover admissibility, customs, agriculture and national security.

http://www.fly2houston.com/OneStop
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Very short int'l connection in IAH - doable?

My daughter has an upcoming flight on UAL going LIM-IAH-IAD. Flight 0855 is scheduled to get in on a Sunday morning at 6:25am, has to clear US customs, and is scheduled to depart at 7:30am on 5596. I don't know the logistics of the airport. Is she going to have to go thru security again? What are the chances she can make her flight with an on-time arrival? There are multiple other flights to DC later in the day so if she misses her flight, it's not the worst thing. She is on a mileage ticket. If the UAL flight is delayed, would they permit her to switch to DCA instead with no fee? TIA.

Forgot to mention, she will have carry on only.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 5, 2011 at 11:32 am
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aviator33
My daughter has an upcoming flight on UAL going LIM-IAH-IAD. Flight 0855 is scheduled to get in on a Sunday morning at 6:25am, has to clear US customs, and is scheduled to depart at 7:30am on 5596. I don't know the logistics of the airport. Is she going to have to go thru security again? What are the chances she can make her flight with an on-time arrival? There are multiple other flights to DC later in the day so if she misses her flight, it's not the worst thing. She is on a mileage ticket. If the UAL flight is delayed, would they permit her to switch to DCA instead with no fee? TIA.
Yes to security.

That's tight, but then again it's super-early on a Sunday.

They should let her move to DCA if she misses the IAD flight in IAH. Not sure the agents in LIM will do that.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:34 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by aacharya
Yes to security.

That's tight, but then again it's super-early on a Sunday.

They should let her move to DCA if she misses the IAD flight in IAH. Not sure the agents in LIM will do that.
Agree with this.

Tight but doable.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aviator33
My daughter has an upcoming flight on UAL going LIM-IAH-IAD.

What are the chances she can make her flight with an on-time arrival?
I'll echo the above and encourage her to get to customs & immigration very quickly - half a dozen or so flights also arrive in the early hours. I've seen lines build pretty quickly getting off the EZE flight, both at non-US immigration and security re-entry.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Just as a data point, I've done the international to domestic change at IAH twice in the last month and a half. One time with no checked bag (Thanksgiving Day) I breezed through the one-stop customs line and security. The other time, passport control took about 45 minutes and security took about 15. The elite line at security was closed both times. The one hour connections don't look so pretty in that regard.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
IAH Connection time needed from International flight to domestic flight?

Considering a flight from LIM, Peru to IAH, then continuing on with a connecting flight. One option is a connecting flight which leaves only 1 hr 4 min. layover. Is that enough time to go through Immigration/Customs, and baggage retrieval at IAH? Seems very tight. Appreciate thoughts. Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by swdke
Considering a flight from LIM, Peru to IAH, then continuing on with a connecting flight. One option is a connecting flight which leaves only 1 hr 4 min. layover. Is that enough time to go through Immigration/Customs, and baggage retrieval at IAH? Seems very tight. Appreciate thoughts. Thanks.
I would suggest you take a later connection.

If you have Global Entry, one hour connection will be possible....some US Citizens / Permanent residents report (even on this thread) that it takes them an hour sometimes to get through procedures.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Does anyone have any information about connecting from CO Express to UA at IAH?

I have a flight from Memphis coming into Terminal B I think and departing from Terminal.

How do I get between the terminals? And how long will it take? I have a 42 minute layover ... will I have to sprint?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by neo_781
Does anyone have any information about connecting from CO Express to UA at IAH?

I have a flight from Memphis coming into Terminal B I think and departing from Terminal.

How do I get between the terminals? And how long will it take? I have a 42 minute layover ... will I have to sprint?
There is a people mover that goes between all terminals. If your flight is not delayed and you don't have to wait for gate checked bags you should be fine. From Terminal B take the people mover to Terminal C (for PMUA mainline flights). At the bottom of the escalator turn left and the UA gates are a very short walk to the end of he North Concourse.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
MCT on Intl-Intl at IAH

My parents (early 70s, with some mobility issues) are booked to travel with CO/UA from LHR-IAH-CUN on Wednesday and then return a couple of weeks later.

They're burning the bmi miles that they accumulated on a RTW that I arranged for them a couple of years ago. They are travelling in Y (X)....I know it's not the best use of miles, but I did manage to confuse the call centre to such an extent that they misquoted the YQ, so it's not too bad a deal.

Question: They have a connection time in Houston of 2:50 for travelling from London to Cancun, which I take to be comfortable. (I haven't connected in the US since the security explosion and liquids bonanza, but the process is still clear immigration, collect bag, clear customs, dump bag, right?)

However, on the return leg, the connection is very tight.

They arrive in Houston at 14:36 and then depart at 15:41. I assume 1:05 is a legal connection, but is it doable for someone who has had their knee joint replaced?

They are on one PNR, so I'm sure that they can be re-accommodated, but what are their chances of making their connection?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.