Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by SwaBiz
FWIW I checked today and mystatus.united.com is working again for me. I didn't bother anyone about it so not sure why it's fixed now, but suggest to try again.
yup, works for me now, too. Maybe the five weeks of “maintenance” are now finished.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:40 am

Hm, I can access it now but it seems the status match counter is wrong (missing all my partner PQMs and PQS which do count in the the Corp. Status Match) - so now I hope this is being fixed in the background.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Noticed a new moniker of "Trending flight", similar to the "Recommend flight"...and just as non-useful.

Interestingly, when I tried the search again just a couple minutes later, it disappeared.

Stupid.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I just had to buy tickets on Delta Airlines web site, and let's just say I'm never gonna complain about the United site again...
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by physioprof
I just had to buy tickets on Delta Airlines web site, and let's just say I'm never gonna complain about the United site again...
I am the same having just had to use the BA website. And the BA app is amongst the worse I have ever seen.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I am the same having just had to use the BA website. And the BA app is amongst the worse I have ever seen.
Also just bought tickets on American Airlines site. It's much better than Delta, which is really a disaster.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I don’t think I’ve come across anything as bad as the BA app.

LH can be pretty bad too; sometimes there are 3 different buttons that all say “Upgrade flight” but only one actually works.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:32 pm

Yes, and don't forget that UA is an exception nowadays for offering the flexibility to choose your booking class.

Many OAL just let you choose Economy or Business and then offers whatever is cheapest in each service class. If you're lucky, they'll still differentiate based on ticket flexibility. "Oh, you wanted a specific booking class? Too bad. We won't even show you what booking class you'll be booked in; you'll have to find that out after ticket purchase."

I still rate UA's website among the best in the industry, although with every announcement of a redesign (aka dumbing down) I live in fear that the booking flexibility will get the ax.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K
Is there any way to get to the "flight options" page (being able to SDC, buy premier accelerator, etc) on united.com after you have checked in other than:

1) Clicking "See Open Seats" in the my reservations tab
2) Getting the following error message: ! You are already checked in for flight UAXXXX, so your seat assignment(s) cannot be changed through Manage Reservations at this time. If eligible, you may use online check-in to change your seat assignment until one hour before departure.
3) Clicking the embedded link in the error message.

I have not been able to figure out any other way. Going to check-in tab shows an "already checked in" itinerary with the option simply to "check in for another flight." I find the new website's design for flight status and checkin extremely irritating and difficult to navigate. Luckily the app is still elite.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
I find camaraderie reading through this thread.

Working as an in-house travel agent I’ve used ua.com (previously co.com) for many many years. It was a useful tool for purchasing and managing travel for a large number of travelers.

Over the years I have experienced many adjustments/enhancements to the website. Some were head scratchers and frustrating changes and others actual request from customers like me via beta testing. It was the best place to organize travel for a UA ticket. I like the drop down lists for saved travelers, saved payment methods, ease of using promotions and certificates, good reward availability, quick ticketing and clear e-tickets and receipts. However, today I purchased my first UA tickets via online agency instead of UA.com. Why? For the same reasons from what I've read some of you have experienced and...

Login takes forever and takes several attempts. Usually I have to let it finish cycling and then go down to ‘site map’ to access certain pages. And even then it often cycles back asking me to log in again.

Unable to populate my account. Was told to use chrome, and then told to use Safari. Neither helped. Was told I had too many names and payment methods. I deleted over half and still an issue. I am tired of seeking solutions with minimal feedback or assistance.

Unable to view manage reservations. Nothing populates correctly. Instead of page showing all reservations I get a page asking for individual reservation locater and last name.

TravelBank no longer exists. Don’t care that much but it was a reason to use ua.com

Except for the last one, I have been fighting these issues for over a year. Contrary to the statement below it appears ua.com is intentionally designed to be user un-friendly.

"Each one of our customers is unique and has different needs for his or her travel, and our goal with this new homepage is to provide customers with a more seamless experience," said Praveen Sharma, vice president of digital products and analytics. "
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
One of the more annoying "features" of the last few website enhancements is that it will no longer maintain your request to search for a particular fare class past your initial search. So if searching for GPUable fares on multiple dates, you have to make that specific "advanced search" request every single time. I kept hoping this would eventually be fixed, but that seems quite unlikely at this point.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA Premier Platinum
Is United Airlines Website Down

I've tried all morning on different browsers to purchase tickets today with no luck. I can select my flights and select my seats, but when I select the button that says "Continue to Payment" it just spins. I've tried firefox and internet explorer and getting the same results.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Perhaps try buying from your phone / the United App?

Did you try in Chrome (browser)?

Last edited by jonisflying; Jul 14, 2019 at 9:39 am Reason: One more thought,,,
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:43 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rkeyser
I've tried all morning on different browsers to purchase tickets today with no luck. I can select my flights and select my seats, but when I select the button that says "Continue to Payment" it just spins. I've tried firefox and internet explorer and getting the same results.
Website seems accessible, did not try a purchase.

Standard suggestion -- clear all the UA cookies

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 14, 2019 at 11:07 am
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, AGR
I had the same issue, both in Chrome and Internet Explorer. The United app on my Android phone worked perfectly, and I completed my purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.