Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Here is how I am apparently thought of at United....LOL

Hey me too!

Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Here is how I am apparently thought of at United....LOL

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by oopl
Hey me too!

That's interesting—it's the same garble for both of you.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:49 am

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I'm super excited to relax in lie-flat seats with seatback on-demand entertainment with a multi-course meal on my IAH-CHS with crap seats and no food in a couple weeks. While I know what to expect, I'm guessing there are other people that have no clue and rely on the information provided by United to make an informed choice when purchasing flights. This website needs to go - entirely.

Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Anyone been able to check an ETC lately (without going through the trouble of doing a mock booking).

Trying to confirm the value of a couple of ETCs - I used to be able to go to promotional programs and certificates under deals and offers. typically, I'd type in ##TCVA (where number signs are the year) in the offer code box, and it would open a page where it asks for the PIN and name, and would confirm the amount remaining. I'm getting an error page now - tried 17TCVA and 18TCVA, tried an actual pin, tried the ticket number listed on the email, and nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else got it to work recently. Tried logged out and logged in.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: All the programs!
I hope United hasn't started retrofitting the 77W with IPTE seats.

Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Is it just me or is the site is still messing up on an iPad? It force redirects to the tablet unfriendly mobile.united.com version each time and even when you select full site, things like itineraries are not displayed correctly.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:40 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by djmp
Is it just me or is the site is still messing up on an iPad? It force redirects to the tablet unfriendly mobile.united.com version each time and even when you select full site, things like itineraries are not displayed correctly.
It's not you as the same thing happens to me as when I log in to the full site on my iPad, bring up the list of my itineraries and whether i open an itinerary in a new tab or a single window, i get reverted to the mobile site AND with a screen on the mobile site prompting me to log in again (and when I re-log in, it reverts me back to the mobile site where I then get stuck in a "log in again" loop)
Old May 1, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, when I go to United.com on my iPhone I get a redesigned mobile site. Going to mobile.united.com I get the old site. I can access the full site without issue from either.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by TomMM
Interesting, when I go to United.com on my iPhone I get a redesigned mobile site. Going to mobile.united.com I get the old site. I can access the full site without issue from either.
Same for me. The new mobile award flight selection experience is vastly superior to the one offered by the native app. This is a huge relief, as I don’t always carry my laptop or iPad when traveling internationally. There have been times I wanted to change an award flight, but the wretched, broken app interface made it impossible.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
I've been trying to check in on the app and have been getting "data services unavailable" for the last three hours. Anyone else?
Old May 3, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Club, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz President, Avis President
Originally Posted by JNelson113
I've been trying to check in on the app and have been getting "data services unavailable" for the last three hours. Anyone else?
...have only been trying for an hour or so, but yes getting “data services unavailable,” as well as reservations, and flight status disappearing. If you keep trying you will get things back, but if you are trying to do something like check in that take a more then one screen, it breaks before you can get to the end.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by joelliot

...have only been trying for an hour or so, but yes getting “data services unavailable,” as well as reservations, and flight status disappearing. If you keep trying you will get things back, but if you are trying to do something like check in that take a more then one screen, it breaks before you can get to the end.
Thanks. Good to know it's not just me.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Can't get OLCi to work on the website or the mobile app. I am able to pull up reservations though on the website.

-RM
Old May 3, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Can't get OLCi to work on the website or the mobile app. I am able to pull up reservations though on the website.

-RM
Same here. App not working, website works.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA1K 2MM and more
I've been having trouble for the last three hours on iOS 11.x on a iPhone X and on my Nexus 6P running Oreo.

No boarding pass, reservations disappearing, kicked out of app, and can't login now.

Luckily I got a printed board pass just for giggles at the counter. Found out my boarding pass wasn't on my phone. OLCI 8 hours earlier via web site was fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.