Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Related threads
Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions

Shortest flights on UA (useful to get low mileage offers) (anything under 500 miles should would just as well)

Previous years' threads
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2016]
United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2015]
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by TandroyFoty
Well then, I had some award bookings that were giving me around 9-10 cpm for premier accelerator in October, and when I checked now, all three are around 27.5 cpm. I wonder why weezl and I have that issue while others are still seeing 9-10cpm.
I am now (still) at 27.5cpm for already-booked itineraries, but some future bookings have dropped, varying from 14-27.5 cpm*. Since I am so close to 1K but still short, this being late November, I am grabbing one. At this cost, for my needs, it beats having to do a MR with P fare for about the same price.

*seems to vary by dummy bookings done within a few min of each other, which seems odd to me. I played with the itins and the ones that were 14-15 cpm were TATL or TPAC for 2017 or 2018, while the domestic itins were 27.5 cpm, whether RT or multistops and whether 2017 or 2018.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by weezl
I am now (still) at 27.5cpm for already-booked itineraries, but some future bookings have dropped, varying from 14-27.5 cpm*. Since I am so close to 1K but still short, this being late November, I am grabbing one. At this cost, for my needs, it beats having to do a MR with P fare for about the same price.

*seems to vary by dummy bookings done within a few min of each other, which seems odd to me. I played with the itins and the ones that were 14-15 cpm were TATL or TPAC for 2017 or 2018, while the domestic itins were 27.5 cpm, whether RT or multistops and whether 2017 or 2018.
Not surprising that they'll give you a better cpm if you're forced to buy a lot more miles.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by physioprof
Not surprising that they'll give you a better cpm if you're forced to buy a lot more miles.
yes, that's what I would've thought and in fact I did get an offer for a high mileage purchase, but the one I took was low mileage. Again, surprising given all of the above
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by weezl
yes, that's what I would've thought and in fact I did get an offer for a high mileage purchase, but the one I took was low mileage. Again, surprising given all of the above
Weird. I have a revenue ticket between LIM-LPB that is giving me 12.5cpm, but offering 5k or 10k miles. At this point I'd pay 12.5cpm, but I'd really like to get 4k miles, which is all I need. I've tried their shortest flight, between San Fran and Santa Rosa, as well as short-haul international flights, ORD-ATL, as well as trans Atlantic, and I can't get any offers below 5k. Anybody have any tips on how I might, before I have to bite the bullet and pay for the 5k?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Weird. I have a revenue ticket between LIM-LPB that is giving me 12.5cpm, but offering 5k or 10k miles. At this point I'd pay 12.5cpm, but I'd really like to get 4k miles, which is all I need. I've tried their shortest flight, between San Fran and Santa Rosa, as well as short-haul international flights, ORD-ATL, as well as trans Atlantic, and I can't get any offers below 5k. Anybody have any tips on how I might, before I have to bite the bullet and pay for the 5k?
This is the problem with Premier Accelerator - the inability to get a specific mileage.

Unclear if you have tried a short doemstic OW?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC

CHS-IAD nets me a 4,000 and 6,000 mile offer every time
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:24 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Checking LAX-SAN for 04-Apr-2018 (random date) and buying an F ticket offers 4,000 Premier Accelerator Miles for $500 ($100 + $400).
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:32 am

Great, thanks both. I'll check CHS-IAD and LAX-SAN. I just assumed that if I couldn't get under 5k for the shortest UA flight in the world, I'd be out of luck.

* LAX-SAN on Apr 4th in F gives me 10k and 5k......and same for CHS-IAD on Nov 1st, 2018 (a bargain at $1450 in F).

Looks like UA's algorithms are going to net them an extra $125.

Last edited by TandroyFoty; Nov 29, 2017 at 10:06 am
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I just booked an unexpected end-of-year trip that would've landed my at around 70k pqm for 2017, pqd of around $11k. I have previously ended the year at around the same pqm, but with three or maybe four times that kind of spend (albeit probably before pqd was a thing), and did not receive a Plat bump. So I decided to bite on an accelerator offer of 14 cpm (combined - was $150/$660 for 6k miles). Given that this buys Plat for two (owing to 1MM status), I am OK with this figure - it's a far cry better than any of the offers I've bothered to have a peek at in recent months.

Incidentally, the miles posted within about an hour of purchase, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Dec 12, 2017 at 6:42 pm Reason: Posted my purchase dollars incorrectly
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
I'm getting an offer of 13 cpm. Option A will get me to just under 75,000 miles and Option B to just under 100,000. I;m nowhere near where I would need to be for PQD's though.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors & Marriott Gold
Received two offers:
Offer 1: 18.5cpm (Dec 26th)
Offer 2: 13.5cpm (after I earned my next premier level before Dec 31st)
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:09 pm

Great, thanks both. I'll check CHS-IAD and LAX-SAN. I just assumed that if I couldn't get under 5k for the shortest UA flight in the world, I'd be out of luck.

* LAX-SAN on Apr 4th in F gives me 10k and 5k......and same for CHS-IAD on Nov 1st, 2018 (a bargain at $1450 in F).

Hmm, don't worry about what the actual ticket costs, once you do the mileage accelerator, you get the actual ticket refunded. You don't actually have to fly

Buy ticket
Buy Premiere accelerator
Cancel ticket (within 24 hours) and get a full refund
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
HAHA... I love UA trying to basically gouge you with this. Long story short, I had a ticket that was supposed to leave yesterday but was ill, FLU big time, and couldnt’ travel from ORD. Still recovering and although agents said you can appeal after Jan 15th??? (Why I dont know) if I travel I can credit for 2017 even if after Jan 1. I didnt’ want to jack around with all that so I was about 15k short of my 100k miles ths year for 1k. I played with award itineraries for a couple hours and checked pricing during the purchase, then after ticketing and I wished I could tell you there was a standard CPM I received as a 1k, with all this recon, but there isn’t.

I ended up doing an award ORD-IAH-SJO and back for 11k accelerator miles for $990 plus I think less than 200 for the actual award miles. I was jacked after getting 19 CPM all the way up to 33 CPM.

Needed 4K more and boom.... ORD-IAH one way and offered me 4K exactly for $360!

Gamed the system and BOOM I’m 1k again after some fiddling around and playing by their rules.

Obviously cancelled the itineraries after purchasing the accelerator.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver

So... LAX-SAN on the 4th in F is only offering me 2000 for $50... Is this due to my particular status, Silver?

Anyone have any good itineraries that can get me closer to 10,000...?

Thanks,

FF
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by model_un
So... LAX-SAN on the 4th in F is only offering me 2000 for $50... Is this due to my particular status, Silver?

Anyone have any good itineraries that can get me closer to 10,000...?

Thanks,

FF
IME it is purely distance based, i get offers of 60K and 75K for trips to singapore and obviously much much much less for local trips.

Just start picking trips further and further away until you get what you need. I am not sure if booking in Y vs F makes a difference but status does as my wife and I were on the same PNR and obviously identical tickets, but had different offers for accelerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.