Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Cargojon
This is a new one for me - requested ORC for 2 segments that I was re-routed on AA for, and they are actually asking me for a copy of the original booking as well as a copy of my AA boarding pass. Cannot believe they are actually asking for this, every other ORC request I've ever done has gone through without question. It's not like they can't look at the record of the PNR, right?

Weird.
I have always supplied the PNR of the rebooked ticket as well as the original(s) when requesting ORC - I never realized you didn't have to - I just assumed they would want proof you actually went on the flight... They did once request a scan of my BP (from a Delta flight that they put me on directly lol). I guess the agent that processes it makes the call...
Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I have always supplied the PNR of the rebooked ticket as well as the original(s) when requesting ORC - I never realized you didn't have to - I just assumed they would want proof you actually went on the flight... They did once request a scan of my BP (from a Delta flight that they put me on directly lol). I guess the agent that processes it makes the call...
I just sent them a PDF of my original flight itinerary/receipt and then a PDF of my updated flight itinerary/receipt with the AA flight switched out for the original UA legs that had the cancellation.

If that's not good enough for them I'm not sure what is - they can sure as heck see this stuff internally already and I'm not entirely sure how they think I'd have gotten to Pittsburgh to continue my itinerary if I hadn't boarded that AA flight they put me on.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Cargojon
Right, because nobody could simply white out their OAL FF# on the boarding pass before scanning or faxing it?

I didn't even keep the boarding pass because I've done ORC credit many times over the past few years and never gotten asked for it.
It's called mobile boarding passes for the AA flights

Yes, it's very weird they asked for this. You got an old school agent for sure.

-RM
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
It's called mobile boarding passes for the AA flights

Yes, it's very weird they asked for this. You got an old school agent for sure.

-RM
Well, I got the e-mail last night that they received my information and will be crediting the flights in question, so looks like we're squared away ^
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:47 pm

Voluntary vs. involuntary?

I was booked IAD-STL on a UAX non-stop. Flight ended up over two hours delayed (due to UA playing games with inbound aircraft assignments; it did fly as scheduled). The delay was going to cause me to miss a meeting. There were no earlier UA flights, but an earlier flight on AA was available. I called and asked to be placed on the AA flight, which after a small bit of pressing on my part they did.

Had I not called I'd have gotten to my destination, but hours late. Had they flown the flight on time, I wouldn't have had to call. Is this voluntary or involuntary, and either way is there any prospect of claiming ORC credit for the UA leg I didn't fly? Or do I just live with the AA miles?

Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hoopics
I was booked IAD-STL on a UAX non-stop. Flight ended up over two hours delayed (due to UA playing games with inbound aircraft assignments; it did fly as scheduled). The delay was going to cause me to miss a meeting. There were no earlier UA flights, but an earlier flight on AA was available. I called and asked to be placed on the AA flight, which after a small bit of pressing on my part they did.

Had I not called I'd have gotten to my destination, but hours late. Had they flown the flight on time, I wouldn't have had to call. Is this voluntary or involuntary, and either way is there any prospect of claiming ORC credit for the UA leg I didn't fly? Or do I just live with the AA miles?

Thanks.
It worth a try and make take some back and forth. Since you had to press to get the change, the agent may have made notes in the record -- hopefully they did not and you can make the case for INVOL.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hoopics

Thanks.
never an issue w/ OAL. Just tell them because of the delay you were re-routed on AA and you want ORC. Should be painless.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by cfischer
never an issue w/ OAL. Just tell them because of the delay you were re-routed on AA and you want ORC. Should be painless.
didcnot know this. Re routed twice this year CLT outbound on AA
Thank you
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
This ended up being the case. Needed the original ticket number and that was that. Took less than five minutes on the phone. Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by alexperi
Data point: 1K, got rerouted on a non-Star Alliance carrier during the recent storm. Sent an email to 1K Voice, got a very swift reply saying that after 5 days I would see the ORC, and lo and behold, that is what happened.

This was an excellent interaction. Thanks, United!
I called today for ORC on an issue that happened late last week, so today was day 4. The agent was very helpful, but added at the end that she wasn't going to be able to actually post until tomorrow, day 5. Have others experienced this 5-day rule for ORC?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rowenb
I called today for ORC on an issue that happened late last week, so today was day 4. The agent was very helpful, but added at the end that she wasn't going to be able to actually post until tomorrow, day 5. Have others experienced this 5-day rule for ORC?
5-days for UA flights, 15 days for partner flights. Standard timeframes.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
TK ticket - rerouted on QR

I was recently on a trip IAD-IST-BOM and back and the outbound was rerouted by TK due to disruptions in IST. That travel was on QR. ho do I approach to get the mileage credited to UAMP? TK or UA? I have the ticket numbers and boarding passes available.

Appreciate the help in advance!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Reroute mileage credit

Can you request a reroute mileage credit when you make
a flight change due to a weather waiver?
Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Reroute mileage credit

Typically, No.

In order to get ORC, your ticket needs to be marked INVOL, and typically that only happens when you change flights because a delay is going to cause a misconnect or your flight has been canceled. In a weather waiver, they typically offer flexibility if you are worried about the above, but if they haven't actually canceled or delayed your flight, it is still considered a voluntary change.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Typically, No.

In order to get ORC, your ticket needs to be marked INVOL, and typically that only happens when you change flights because a delay is going to cause a misconnect or your flight has been canceled. In a weather waiver, they typically offer flexibility if you are worried about the above, but if they haven't actually canceled or delayed your flight, it is still considered a voluntary change.
many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.