Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)

Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)

Old Dec 31, 15, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT something or other
Question

We were scheduled DXB-IAD-ORD on (a very long) 12/30. IAD-ORD was cancelled about 24 hours in advance; we were notified and rebooked automatically, and ultimately flew DXB-IAD-IND-ORD.

So with the 500 minimum for IND-ORD, the actual PQM should be higher than our original non-stop IAD-ORD by a smidge, but how do I calculate (other than waiting to see what is actually credited) what the new RDM and PQD would be?
The numbers are small enough that it makes little difference - I made the 1K spend on the DXB-IAD leg, and already had the PQMs - but I am curious about how UA does the calculation.
Old Dec 31, 15, 11:00 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by lskohn View Post
but how do I calculate (other than waiting to see what is actually credited) what the new RDM and PQD would be?
UAL.com has a Mileage Calculator that lists what the mileage should be. You can also use Great Circle Mapper to calculate approximate distances (sometimes there is 5 mile difference between the two).
Old Jan 31, 17, 6:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Have archived ORC thread posts from 2009-2015 in this thread.
The active thread is still http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-merged.html.
Placed a link in the active thread's wiki back to this thread for future reference.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Search this Thread
Search Engine: