Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by greg
Last week was flying COS - DEN - IAD and the COS - DEN flight was cancelled. United chartered a Gray Line bus; a United agent took our boarding passes as we boarded the bus; arrived in DEN in time to catch the original flight. This was my return home. Booked full Y.
I've never received flight credit whenever UA buses me between COS and DEN, even after asking.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exerda is right, keep pursuing the credit.

Be diplomatic about it, but I would remind the folks that you were involuntarily put on a bus. Not only that, but your BP was collected before you went on the bus.

As much as it means to you, I would leave out the status thing to whomever you speak to at MP, I don't think they care. Focus on the mission at hand, getting the credit you deserve.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
As this was UA's fault you should receive the credit. I always print out a copy of my boarding card and itinerary and leave it at home for situations such as this, because when these things happen, the original flight information seems to "disappear" from UA's computers.

Don't give up; both Mr.6rugrats and I have received the original flight credit when we haven't been able to fly the original routing. Keep calling and ask for a supervisor if you have to; good luck.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
I have always been able to get credit for my original itinerary except the one time United sent me by taxi from SNA to LAX. My many calls only resulted in comments like, "You cannot get credit for flying when you did not fly." I hope you have better results.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:28 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by last2board
I have always been able to get credit for my original itinerary except the one time United sent me by taxi from SNA to LAX. My many calls only resulted in comments like, "You cannot get credit for flying when you did not fly." I hope you have better results.
This used to happen to me regularly – i.e. getting put in a taxi, but from LAX to SNA and not the other way round. And I always succeeded in getting credit for the flights.

On one occasion, the taxi was running on LPG, which meant a serious detour and delay while the driver filled up his tank.....
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Sorry to kinda hijack a little from the OP but I got involuntarily rerouted from ELP-DEN-LAX on United to ELP-PHX-LAX on US Airways last week. I was originally booked on a "H" fare class on United.

I know I can call MP to get the original routing credit, but my question is since my original routing was booked in a fare class that qualified for the "Rake in the Miles" promotion, would I still qualify for that promotion upon receiving the original routing credit?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Sorry to kinda hijack a little from the OP but I got involuntarily rerouted from ELP-DEN-LAX on United to ELP-PHX-LAX on US Airways last week. I was originally booked on a "H" fare class on United.

I know I can call MP to get the original routing credit, but my question is since my original routing was booked in a fare class that qualified for the "Rake in the Miles" promotion, would I still qualify for that promotion upon receiving the original routing credit?

Thanks in advance.
You should be able to, though you may have to make an additional call down the road. The original credit should post as the same fare class booked.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Call Mileage Plus, and ask for 'original routing credit'. Don't call United.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:18 pm
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
Flight credits and the Pterodactyl Express

I've been on the Pterodactyl Express to DEN several times, as well as having been "dumped" at LAX when everything/body was waiting for me at SNA.

Each time, I've been able to collect the all-important EQSs (and EQMs too).

IIRC, there used to be a "flight" (with a UA flight number) between SFO and SJC that was on Greyhound metal or some such thing, as a planned occurrence, not as irrops. People got normal flight credit for it.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
Thanks for all the valuable insight.

It took a total of 4 calls to the MP Service Center. The first 3 were answered by outsourced staff in (my guess by the accents) the Philippines -- what a comedy --- I simply asked for the flight credit and was told that was not possible. On the 3rd call I was told they were going to email me a "compensation offer" that turned out to be my choice of a $150 credit voucher or 7000 miles. Nice, but that does not exactly "answer the mail".

Before throwing in the towel, I called and got a wonderful lady in South Dakota. When I explained the situation, she was most understanding and solved the problem in less than a minute.

I sure hope the bright bulbs at UA WHQ saved a ton of money on the cost of operating reservations and MP by outsourcing. Penny wise, pound foolish!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL, UA, B6
Missing segment and missing DEQM

Made 2P on a NZ flight about a month ago.

The entire trip back AKL->SFO->JFK didn't credit; I filled out the missing miles credit and got the UA segment posted (with 25% RDM), but the NZ portion (6800+ miles) didn't post, nor did the 100% DEQM bonus that I signed up for.

Is there some way to nudge this along? I'm reasonably close to 1P, and want to see how far I have to go to get it; I'd also like to be able to get extra FF tickets.

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Welcome to FT, bunsofsteel ^

Not all booking classes of NZ flights earn mileage credit for Mileage Plus. Flights in L,G,S,K,X,I,R, or P do NOT earn EQMs or RDMs. You can see the list of qualifying fares in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...y-partner.html

The DEQM promotion applies only to flights on UA metal, so none of your NZ activity would count towards DEQM even if you were booked in a mileage earning fare bucket. For your UA flight, DEQMs usually post on the Friday after the flight activity initially posts.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL, UA, B6
Thanks. Not sure what fare bucket I was in, but I thought that all NZ intl fares 'counted', especially since the other direction went through without a hitch.

The DEQMs havent' gone through on either JFK->SFO or SFO->JFK; it has been more than a month in the former case. Both were (obviously) on UA metal.

Also, in Jan I gave up a seat SYD->SFO->NYC and was routed SYD->AKL->LAX->SFO. As the SYD->AKL was on QA, I didn't get *A EQM for it -- is there some way to get UA to compensate me for that?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA G
Yes, you can call or write Mileage Plus and ask for Original Routing Credit.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Is UA kind to MR snafus?

For my upcoming sjc-sba-sfo-bur-den-iad mr day from hell, it occurs to me that there are several points where things could go wrong. This has been brought home nicely while waiting for my las-sfo flight that's delayed 90 minutes due to fog at sfo.

I do need to get to iad but I also need the miles from each segment. If I get to sba and it becomes obvious that sfo is hosed, and I re-route through lax or san, is united likely to give me the miles from the original itinerary or will they look at my convoluted original routing and say you've got to be kidding?

Thanks, figured this belongs here because it's specific to ua policy but if the mods feel otherwise please move it. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.