Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:20 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Originally Posted by Renard
Does anyone know the fax number? I can't seem to find it.
M+ Fax# 605-343-0215. Last time I used it, I received no response/action to my request. YMMV.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:07 am

Changed travel (flew WN instead), MP credit for original routing?

My (return) flight to SFO turned out to be 2+ hours late due to the weather. UA very graciously agreed to refund the fare (as they didn't know how long the delay would be when I checked in) and suggested I get on a WN flight that was leaving within the hour. There were several of us folks on that WN flight as a result.

Curious if I can get MP credit for the original routing? Not a biggie if I can't ... it is only 1000 miles (500 + 500).

Cheers!

Last edited by malgudi; Mar 3, 2011 at 8:25 am
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:19 am
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I doubt it since you received a refund. If they had booked you on another carrier then it would be possible.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by JeffS
I doubt it since you received a refund. If they had booked you on another carrier then it would be possible.
Can one get the ORC if one is rebooked on non *A involuntary?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lax2010
Can one get the ORC if one is rebooked on non *A involuntary?
yes -- key word is INVOL
and a potential for double dipping
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:27 pm

So ... does this (INVOL) apply to my case? Inquiring mind wants to know

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
yes -- key word is INVOL
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by malgudi
My (return) flight to SFO turned out to be 2+ hours late due to the weather. UA very graciously agreed to refund the fare (as they didn't know how long the delay would be when I checked in) and suggested I get on a WN flight that was leaving within the hour. There were several of us folks on that WN flight as a result.

Curious if I can get MP credit for the original routing? Not a biggie if I can't ... it is only 1000 miles (500 + 500).

Cheers!
Originally Posted by malgudi
So ... does this (INVOL) apply to my case? Inquiring mind wants to know
If you are referring the refund case, I would agree with the earlier responser and say no ORC if refund provided.
The problem with WN is no ticket transfers.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Silver
yes -- key word is INVOL
INVOL ORC is EQM also?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by munjalm
INVOL ORC is EQM also?
If you are asking if ORC EQMs can be requested for an involuntary rerouting (including rerouting on non *A carriers) the answer is yes, that has been my experience in the past.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:48 pm

cancelled flight, rebooked, UA miles?

I was on a UA 837 SFO -> TPE flight, w/ stopover at NRT, in which the NRT -> TPE leg was cancelled and I was re-booked on JAL. The SFO->NRT miles posted fine, but of course the NRT->TPE leg did not.

I know this has been discussed before, and near as I can tell, receiving credit for the cancelled leg seems to be YMMV. For those that have been successful in similar situations, do you 1. have any tips on increasing success and 2. will the credited miles be posted as if they were flown on UA metal?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 25, 2011 at 12:06 am Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by littlegreenmen
...I know this has been discussed before, and near as I can tell, receiving credit for the cancelled leg seems to be YMMV. ...
Your best bet is going to MP CS not a reservation agent.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
If I take a VDB on an MR, the result of which is I don't get to my destination, can i ask for original routing credit?

I haven't since it's only 2x 500 miles, and I made out very well by the vouchers, but I'm curious about how people think regarding this.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
If I take a VDB on an MR, the result of which is I don't get to my destination, can i ask for original routing credit? ....
Believe unless the ticket is marked as INVOL, you will not get ORC. Plus it seems a bit of a double dip.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Believe unless the ticket is marked as INVOL, you will not get ORC. Plus it seems a bit of a double dip.
I have received ORC in the past for VDBing, but never when my destination was never reached.

As mentioned in the last post, I have not pursued the ORC, just wanted to see what others had to say.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:38 pm

re: NRT -> TPE invol reroute

As it turned out, this was quite straight forward once I uttered the magical incantation "original routing credit" to a MP CS agent. Full credit + bonus for the entire SFO->TPE route.

Originally Posted by littlegreenmen
I was on a UA 837 SFO -> TPE flight, w/ stopover at NRT, in which the NRT -> TPE leg was cancelled and I was re-booked on JAL. The SFO->NRT miles posted fine, but of course the NRT->TPE leg did not.

I know this has been discussed before, and near as I can tell, receiving credit for the cancelled leg seems to be YMMV. For those that have been successful in similar situations, do you 1. have any tips on increasing success and 2. will the credited miles be posted as if they were flown on UA metal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.