Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap Quality of Product A319/320

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Cheap Quality of Product A319/320

Has anyone else been noticing various "inoperable" parts on the updated A319/20 planes, specifically F.

I've now been on six of the updated A319/20 birds this year, and out of those 4 had issues. Two of the tray table PED flap holders that open up were broken both with "inoperable" stickers, one had a cracked/broken granite top, and one of the tray tables was completely broken in half held together with duct tape.

Maybe just luck of the draw, but these updates are not that old and to have it not being able to take the regular "abuse" of day to day flying means they probably cheap out on the quality and didn't purchase a durable product?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I haven't noticed these specific problems, but the seats are extremely poorly designed. The tray tables cannot be extended when there are drinks on the granite top, nor can the seat be comfortably reclined when the table is out.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I haven't noticed these specific problems, but the seats are extremely poorly designed. The tray tables cannot be extended when there are drinks on the granite top, nor can the seat be comfortably reclined when the table is out.
Yup. Must be tested only by small people...or maybe not tested at all.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Are the new seats at least comfortable reclined? The current ones on the 737 are a killer on the lower back if you try to sleep with it reclined.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Yup. Must be tested only by small people...or maybe not tested at all.
Maybe they tested them with monkeys and dogs before human voyages, like the late 1950s and early 1960s space flights?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I was on an A319 last week for the first time. My seatmate who was 1K commented how he prefers these trays because they don't "bounce" as much when he is trying to work, mine of course, didn't touch the edge and was quite bouncy. The seat was visually appealing with interesting storage areas, but it was filthy dirty.

The comment about the seat being difficult to recline when using the tray table or the center section is spot on. I am not a big guy, ~6 feet and ~160, but reclining meant I was sliding in towards the difficult to move tray table. Opening and closing the tray table was a balancing act between the drink and my iPad.

Didn't they just begin rolling them out to the 737s. I would say it is an improvement to the 73G I also flew last week which had PDE (that didn't work) and NO power! I think it was aircraft 3720, discussed in another thread.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seat38a
Are the new seats at least comfortable reclined? The current ones on the 737 are a killer on the lower back if you try to sleep with it reclined.
I believe there's currently 3 737 F seats? There's the oldest ones that have the rectangle in the armrest where the ashthray used to go and without electrical outlets and which have that lumbar lever, the mid-age ones that have electrical outlets, and the newer ones which perhaps are only on aircraft with the sky interior? Or maybe they're only on the 737-900/900ER? Too much to try to keep straight...

Personally, I consider the new A319/320 seats as better than the oldest 737 seats but worse than the newer two in terms of comfort. Of course, comfort is very subjective. But I find them a bit hard and they just feel awkward.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:31 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I personally have not had any inop equipment on my dozen or so Airbus flights in the new F. Matter of fact, was traveling with a coworker last week, and we commented to each other how much we both prefer the new F seats not only compared to the pmUA version, but how they completely blow the 737 seats out of the water...We like the slide recline, the extra pockets, movable armrest, the center console tray and especially the tablet/media holder. But to each their own, I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.