Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by frugaltraveler10012
There is basically nothing available (even last minute the day before) from anywhere east coast to a hub in Europe.
Originally Posted by Kacee
OP is probably looking from the western US. Availability from BOS or other east coast airports is meaningless, because UA doesn't open connecting saver space.
OP said east coast in their post above.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 23, 2019 at 8:40 pm Reason: unneeded comment removed
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by frugaltraveler10012
Anyone know what has been going on with *A business class availability last few weeks. Cannot find anything (even in coach) on any *A partner using UA miles (or Aeroplan). Is there an IT problem or just no more availability? Interested to hear if anyone has any insight.
United availability is a total crapshoot. I'm not sure if there's actually some science to it, or if it's just random...it doesn't feel like it though. I was trying to travel from EZE-MIA and found every flight I needed in Y except anything near Miami, nothing to MIA, FLL, JAX, MCO, hell...I couldn't even get anything to Alabama or Tennessee.

I just booked a round the world J class trip for Feb/Mar...nothing from YVR-SFO in J OR Y all day, any day near the week I wanted to travel. It's totally unpredictable. I've also had times where I had the long haul space one week, then the next week the long haul was gone and the short haul showed up...again, as if they don't want you to book an entire trip or something.

Keep at it, keep looking, but be aware you might have to take a different carrier. If you're looking for long haul polaris...good luck, I'm sure space has existed, but any time I've looked it wasn't there.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:24 pm

Question for those of you who know oh-so-much more about this world than a newbie like myself.

My wife and I are looking to bookend a trip from IAH to LHR/AMS in April/May next year. There are direct flights to/from each city, but none available in business class via rewards. I saw plenty of them available about 3 weeks ago, but absolutely none are now.

Is it pretty common to see this availability fluctuate? Obviously we have plenty of time, but just wasn't sure how realistic it was that these direct flights would become available via rewards. And if so, if there was a certain timeframe for that fluctuation?

Thanks, experts!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SHSUhomestar
Is it pretty common to see this availability fluctuate?
Yes.
Obviously we have plenty of time, but just wasn't sure how realistic it was that these direct flights would become available via rewards. And if so, if there was a certain timeframe for that fluctuation?
They might come back; they might not. There’s no way to tell, and there’s no timeframe. They could open tomorrow, next week, the day before the flight, or not at all.

In general, whenever you see something appealing, you should book it, because it could disappear again at any time.

Good luck!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: United Miles
Seen early Aug saver awards/30K)miles flights from any Europe to LAX?

I thought there were quite a few the other night, but I'm suddenly not seeing any. Panicking cause I have 48 hours to accept a cruise offering. I'm happy to go to almost anywhere in western Europe so I can get home for 30K miles.

Thinking a glitch may be happening, I'm not seeing any XN (United Milage Cardholder special) milage specials either today. (logged out, cleared cookies/cache to test).

If anyone has an example otherwise (for both) that is current as of Wed July 3rd or 4th, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
August 4th FRA-SFO-LAX for 30k + $118.13
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:11 pm

Thanks! I am about 15K points short of being able to secure what we need, so next time I see it open, I will definitely jump on it!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by skylane
August 4th FRA-SFO-LAX for 30k + $118.13
thank you skylane!. wow this are some nasty taxes!

I'm still not seeing xn offers, if anyone has.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dcbarry
thank you skylane!. wow this are some nasty taxes! ...
European airport depature taxes, you fine that for UK, France, Germany, ....

Originally Posted by dcbarry
I'm still not seeing xn offers, if anyone has.
Not difference between XN and X in mileage needed, just a difference who has access. XN is for elites and Chase MP banded, X is for everyone
If X is available, XN is available.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Thanks! I am about 15K points short of being able to secure what we need, so next time I see it open, I will definitely jump on it!
As was already mentioned, if one sees an award you might want, that is when one needs to grab it. If you are short on miles, it might be worth it to you to purchase what you need by going to https://buymiles.mileageplus.com/uni..._landing_page/

If the same situation happens again, immediately call UA and asked the agent to hold the award seats, and sell you the minimum number of miles needed to effect the transaction. Better luck next time!
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I’m off to Thailand in 3 weeks. Booked UA P+ PDX-SFO-HKG (return already GPU upgraded to Polaris).

I got Business Saver awards on TG for HKG-BKK both directions for the most convenient times. 50K miles for flights that would have cost me $750. Not bad at all (right on the 1.5 mile per cent redemption).
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
European airport depature taxes, you fine that for UK, France, Germany, ....

Not difference between XN and X in mileage needed, just a difference who has access. XN is for elites and Chase MP banded, X is for everyone
If X is available, XN is available.
Correct. What I meant is I have Chase MP, and usually see some XN only fares after logging in, (they show to me as "available to you as a Chase MP cardholder....etc."). I haven't seen any of those today, saw several yesterday.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 4, 2019 at 12:39 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Not surprisingly I am now starting to see "anytime" award inventory for next summer but the prices are higher than they used to be (matching the ridiculous fares that are loaded when each day is released). Not finding any seats at the old "saver award" prices but admittedly I am only looking at a couple of routes. Welcome to the new MP.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I noticed that too... The redemption rates are through the roof now without the cap, but there is nothing cheaper than before. This devaluation is pretty bad. I saw sfo-ewr one way for 120k in biz on a bunch of dates
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by mrt88
I noticed that too... The redemption rates are through the roof now without the cap, but there is nothing cheaper than before. This devaluation is pretty bad. I saw sfo-ewr one way for 120k in biz on a bunch of dates
Is that a 100% increase in rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.