Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which DEN Club? B East B44 Club Fly B60 & A West A25; B West B32 closed to ‘25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFO 1K
previous thread: Which United Club (UC) at DEN? {Archive}

Concourse A
Located near Gate A25
  • 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily
Concourse B
East United Club is located between B43 and B44 - now open!
  • 5:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily
"United Club Fly" is open near B60. Club Fly is a 'grab-and-go' setup with food, drinks, and coffee. No alcohol is served.
  • 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. daily
West United Club is located between B31 and B32 - closed for renovation
Print Wikipost

Which DEN Club? B East B44 Club Fly B60 & A West A25; B West B32 closed to ‘25

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
In the C Concourse....more important now than ever!!!!!
Old Sep 25, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yep...line of about 8 people deep at the bar on Thursday night...oy indeed. I wish I had time to schlep to C for Centurion Lounge, but not that night. I was in the Centurion lounge on Wednesday and it was awesome.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Rock214
Good news bad news. The East lounge will be closed for a year for a full renovation. It sounds like it will be a mini-Polaris lounge when it reopens. Two stories with a kitchen etc. It’s a long needed upgrade. But a year of one lounge in Denver is going to be rough.
Originally Posted by bcj1949
In the C Concourse....more important now than ever!!!!!
Concourse B West, near Gate B32
Hours: 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily

Concourse B East, near Gate B44
Hours: Temporarily closed
​​​​​ https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html
Old Sep 25, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
The cent lounge is nice but it is hit and miss regarding getting in vs a long wait list. They also don’t rotate their food options too frequently (neither does united) and for most of the summer everything was pork based - yuck.

what I don’t understand- and maybe someone can explain - is where are all these people coming from who are trying to get into the clubs. Many refuse to accept the one day cc passes (like in ord) and with most international travel way down and UA practically giving away gold these days, are there really that many leisure travelers buying yearly memberships?????
Old Sep 25, 2021, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mfirst
Many [United Clubs (UCs)] refuse to accept the one day cc passes (like in ord) and with most international travel way down and UA practically giving away gold these days . . . .
cc passes = credit card passes
​​​​​​
MileagePlus Premier Gold status does not grant UC access on domestic itineraries.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 7:40 pm

Exactly. But if you have gold you get in on international travel. Where are all these people coming from
Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mfirst
Exactly. But if you have gold you get in on international travel. Where are all these people coming from
Hard to blame it on int'l Golds when int'l travel business is 'way down. If it is a problem this year, it should have been a much bigger problem 2 years ago.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:08 pm

Right
Who are all these people crowding the lounges
not letting cc one day passes in
no much international gold travel
probably not many business travelers with subscriptions
not too many credit cards provide uc unlimited access

who is left?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With fewer banks of flights, the members whose departures or connections were formerly spread across a wide expanse of time are now crowded into a much more limited period.

This temporal constraint is exacerbated by reductions in the number of United Clubs open at hub airports. Closure of half (one) of the clubs at DEN and EWR almost doubles the number of guests at the remaining location.
EWR764 and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I do that volunteer gig at DEN with the cowboy hat and give people directions and other assistance. Been doing the B Information Booth and boy are there a lot of lost souls looking for any open UC. I've been asking folks if they are members or have day passes before sending them to the West Club, with an admonishment that day passes may be declined due to crowding. So far people have been pretty tolerant. I think helping people set their expectations before they get there softens the blow. Certainly, I could just direct them and let them be disappointed later, but that seems cruel. I also offer AX if they have Plat/Cent card, and then suggest a couple places for drinks around the Center Core of B. One guest just wanted coffee - I suggested Caribou on the mezzanine level. The Starbucks just beyond the UC West has been closed a lot lately.
SPN Lifer and EWR764 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 8:22 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Recent job posting, kinda related, since the East Club has closed for remodel: CHEF MANAGER - Denver United Club,

A number of job boards have this listing and several list the first benefit as “
Free meals, valued up to $20 per day! Choose from a delicious variety of fresh food served daily. Receive two free meals for every shift worked.” I’m sure that will entice a significant number of qualified applicants…..

Another piece to the puzzle of the final Club Room plans at DEN.

DEN
EWR764 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by DEN
Recent job posting, kinda related, since the East Club has closed for remodel: CHEF MANAGER - Denver United Club,

A number of job boards have this listing and several list the first benefit as “
Free meals, valued up to $20 per day! Choose from a delicious variety of fresh food served daily. Receive two free meals for every shift worked.” I’m sure that will entice a significant number of qualified applicants…..

Another piece to the puzzle of the final Club Room plans at DEN.

DEN
The new Club, once the renovation is complete, will have a full kitchen, unlike the current setup which is more of a pantry with some prep space. Reportedly, a "Polaris area" is planned. I was thinking about how United might be able to accomplish this at airports like DEN, HNL or even BOS, where there will be some Polaris-branded service but not enough to justify an entire, dedicated PL. I can envision a dining area, which can be used by "normal" pax outside of Polaris hours, and, perhaps 2-3 hours before a Polaris departure, it is set up for private a la carte dining. At the bar, Polaris pax would be comped premium spirits or liquors, or maybe a small self-service bar could be set up within the dining area for some higher-end wines/liquor. Call it "Polaris Dining" or something like that.

BA and AF are able to execute this type of product reasonably well and it could integrate easily into a redesigned United Club at DEN.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 9:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EWR764
The new Club, once the renovation is complete, will have a full kitchen, unlike the current setup which is more of a pantry with some prep space. Reportedly, a "Polaris area" is planned. I was thinking about how United might be able to accomplish this at airports like DEN, HNL or even BOS, where there will be some Polaris-branded service but not enough to justify an entire, dedicated PL. I can envision a dining area, which can be used by "normal" pax outside of Polaris hours, and, perhaps 2-3 hours before a Polaris departure, it is set up for private a la carte dining. At the bar, Polaris pax would be comped premium spirits or liquors, or maybe a small self-service bar could be set up within the dining area for some higher-end wines/liquor. Call it "Polaris Dining" or something like that.

BA and AF are able to execute this type of product reasonably well and it could integrate easily into a redesigned United Club at DEN.
A Polaris space is what I’ve always advocated for at smaller Polaris stations. As you mentioned AF, BA already do this, as does LH (think IAD), they rope off the space a few hours before flight and offer more extensive dining, alcohol, and waiter service.

DEN, BOS, SEA, CLE, RDU - I feel like all these could support a small Polaris section, even without direct Polaris service. Think of the corporate contracts at many of these airports and the ability to take a Polaris experience through the entire journey!

This would prove to be a big differentiator between UA and DL/AA at outstations.
EWR764 and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: United 1K & 1MM, IHG Plat Elite, Hyatt Gold, Marriott GE, Hertz 5*, National Exec
DEN United Club Closure

The east U.C. in Denver is closed "for a year" due to "renovations", so beware.
If you use the club, it's incredibly frustrating for everyone. One-time pass users will be denied at peak times, and regular UC members will find a singular, packed club with no seating and no amenities.

If you can fly through IAH or ORD, I would certainly consider it at this time.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Old news. But still ridiculous on UA's part that they don't have a contingency in place for this...contract with one of the other lounges, pop-up lounge, something...nah...lets just pack everybody into a single club that could be decidedly inconvenient for most people...oh, and just wait...when they get the East club open, the West club will close for similar renovations, I bet...so the club situation in one of UA's most profitable current hubs will remain extremely uncompetitive.
Manisero likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.