Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As: No fees pre-travel

Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Award ticketing options/service fees
There are no longer any fees for worldwide UA award cancellation or mileage redeposit done pre-travel including UA partner awards

8 Nov 2022
As part of the 2023 MileagePlus program updates award redeposit fees are being removed for all levels beginning 1 Jan 2023
**This does not apply to redepositing after a no-show**

Originally Posted by United award ticket redeposit fee removal
All redeposit fees associated with canceling award travel have been removed, so you have more choice and control over managing plans. United is committed to meeting customer expectations by providing more flexibility throughout the travel experience.
https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/mil...whats-new.html

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...icketing.html

Archive: UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As: No fees pre-travel
Print Wikipost

UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As: No fees pre-travel

Old Nov 28, 2023, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by qofmiwok
It wouldn't let you get the flights until you were off them? i.e. You couldn't have 2 tickets for yourself on one flight? I always wondered about that.
I've definitely seen that with UA when changing flights. It wn't let you "change" to the flight you are already on.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA1K
Does award travel on *A partners have any associated fees with cancel and redeposit? Say if I find some LH F space, I could book it now with UA miles to secure the spot but cancel later with no penalty if my plans change? I think the answer is yes, but want to confirm. Thank you!
Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
Say if I find some LH F space, I could book it now with UA miles to secure the spot but cancel later with no penalty if my plans change?
Yes.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
Does award travel on *A partners have any associated fees with cancel and redeposit? Say if I find some LH F space, I could book it now with UA miles to secure the spot but cancel later with no penalty if my plans change? I think the answer is yes, but want to confirm. Thank you!
Yes! When booking using United miles, it doesn't matter if you're flying UA or partner metal, it still follows the same booking/cancellation rules.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Laura11
Yes! When booking using United miles, it doesn't matter if you're flying UA or partner metal, it still follows the same booking/cancellation rules.
yes. Back in the day, you used to be required to cancel partner segments 24 hours or more prior to departure. That was many years ago.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 4:56 am

I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but giving the advice to a friend so want to triple check: For a partner award, there is no 'x hours before departure' cancellation requirement other than before they would be marked as a no-show? So they would be marked as a no-show if not checked in on time or if not boarded on time, but United doesn't have any policy beyond "cancel before marked as a no-show" for partner awards, correct?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but giving the advice to a friend so want to triple check: For a partner award, there is no 'x hours before departure' cancellation requirement other than before they would be marked as a no-show? So they would be marked as a no-show if not checked in on time or if not boarded on time, but United doesn't have any policy beyond "cancel before marked as a no-show" for partner awards, correct?
This is correct.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.