Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Inconsiderate users of United Clubs-loud phone call/speakerphone, watching videos..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inconsiderate users of United Clubs-loud phone call/speakerphone, watching videos..

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by EpsilonZer0
Was at ORD B6 lounge about a week ago and this guy was watching Lord of The Rings The Two Towers on his laptop for all in the food area to hear. I know exactly which movie it was because I could hear the climatic battle at Helms Deep as the orc army attacked the fortress with 10,000 strong.
Ugh, reminded me of a movie I was watching on my laptop. The person next to me asked me to lower my window shade so he could see the screen better. At least he didn't ask to share one of my earbuds.

Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by allga
we're happily retired
Originally Posted by allga
sat down, and were bombarded by road warriors on their phones--one-way conversations coming at us from everywhere. No attempts to speak quietly
They were probably working. Execs do business nearly all of the time they are awake. This is how it is now (or has been for many years) with cell phones, laptops, wifi hotpots, and tight deadlines.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
They were probably working. Execs do business nearly all of the time they are awake. This is how it is now (or has been for many years) with cell phones, laptops, wifi hotpots, and tight deadlines.
So go get a room then. Phone room, of course.

David
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:23 pm

About a week ago, I’m sitting in the C1 club in IAH at one of the round tables near the buffet. Someone walks by me and instantly I can tell he’s wearing his Polaris pajamas, the whole getup sans slippers. I was worried about DYKWIA and my suspicions were confirmed when he began to have a loud and profanity-laced conversation while sitting at the bar. The bartender did direct him away from the bar after a short while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.