Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where to Sit on a United Express Q200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:25 pm
QBK
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec

Okay, this is almost certainly a moral failing on my part, but... I have three flights coming up on Q200s. And as far as I can tell, there's no "Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on a Q200" thread -- even back in the archives -- so I'm starting one. Mods, if there is an existing thread, please feel free to delete this one (and add the existing one to the "Consolidated where to sit" wiki-thread.)

So... any suggestions on where to sit (or not) on a Q200? I know "on a different airplane" is the right answer, but we're past that now.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Don't sit by the landing gear/engine farings. The leaks you see will really make you question boarding the airplane. /personal experience
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:45 pm
QBK
Original Poster

Ouch.

So... seriously, does that mean I don't want the exit row? Or does it at least have a little more leg room?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
2B/C/D for legroom, unless noise is a factor for you; if so, then I believe in a turboprop that the back of the plane will be quietest, and 23E would be your best bet.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
No question, 2C/2D are the best seats. No trip on this plane is long enough to be bothered by the sound and these seats are the only ones with good legroom. I've had my fair share on this bird and thats my recommendation.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:29 am
QBK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAinAUS
No question, 2C/2D are the best seats. No trip on this plane is long enough to be bothered by the sound and these seats are the only ones with good legroom. I've had my fair share on this bird and thats my recommendation.
OK, two votes for 2C/2D are enough for me; I just switched from 18 to 2 on all of my flights. In case anybody's still paying attention... two further questions:

1. Do 2C/2D have enough legroom to make it relatively easy to get out of the window seat (2D)? I like windows, but I don't like feeling trapped in there.

2. Does the rear exit row (Row 18) have significant extra legroom, or is it like the CRJ-200 where the exit row isn't actually distinguishable from any other seat? (Given that 2BCD are better, they might not always be available).
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: UA GS & Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold (MM)
1. 2C/2D for legroom
2. Just don't unless there's no other choice (possibly including Greyhound) :-)
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm booked on a Q200 next month. The only available option for the first row is 2B. Do they block 2A? I am currently in 18B. Rows 3 and 4 are "blocked" (highlighted in blue, but are unavailable). The flight search screen shows 2A, 3A/B/D and all of row 4 are unoccupied yet row 18 is grayed out.

What's with the seat map disparity?

Also, SeaGuru says that the bulkhead seats have immovable armrests that may reduce width. Is this true? I'm a rather wide person that will fit, but would rather be more comfortable.

Last edited by diburning; Sep 11, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
I just canceled RT Q200 EWR-ITH, gonna take a bus instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.