Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR UA terminal - Discounted/free food/gift with Chase MileagePlus credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR UA terminal - Discounted/free food/gift with Chase MileagePlus credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:51 am
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
I've had a free drink or two at EWR with the same message. I'm still surprised at how happy an unexpected free beer made me!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
This is an advertised benefit of using the card in EWR at least. Signs all over with 20% off and a possibility of a comped meal.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by aacharya
This is an advertised benefit of using the card in EWR at least. Signs all over with 20% off and a possibility of a comped meal.
20% discount also mentioned in the emails from United warning how crowded the United Clubs at EWR are...so feel free to enjoy the discounted, but still overpriced, OTG crap instead of the lounge you paid for...

I don't recall them hawking the free lottery though...
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aacharya
I’ve had this happen several times - the last time was different as the server seemed to know in advance it was going to happen (I was at Classified) - was about to swipe my Corporate Amex and server stopped me and asked I had a United CC - I swiped it and my meal was magically free - wish I knew how she knew....
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I just now received an email advertising the 20% discount. As my next layover is early morning the UC will probably suffice...but good to know this option exists.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by phltraveler
I just got a free gift. Picked up a to-go item at the "Global Bazaar", then sat at the Surf Bar and ordered a beer. Scanned my boarding pass, swiped my credit card, and it gave me the free gift message.

Déjŕ vu all over again. Gift offerings were the same.

Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:12 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
I'm guessing this didn'td happen with the Club card?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by skyccord
I'm guessing this didn'td happen with the Club card?
No, it was the standard MileagePlus Explorer card. I have no idea if the club card is eligible.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by endrond
I'd much rather pay for the pre-OTG options at EWR than have a chance at a freebie at the OTG places.
I too, bemoan the loss of the non-OTG options. I find their gaudy, eye-candy, installments to be consistently awful. Even buying a Coke or sandwich from one of their CIBO shops is an arduous exercise.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:00 pm

Holiday Gift & Credit from OTG iPad

I was a little bit early for a flight out of EWR and sat at one of those iPads and swiped my boarding pass just to see what kind of notifications it gives for boarding and to my surprise a little screen popped up offering a $30 credit for food. It asked to swipe a card at the end which at first I thought was weird as I stayed under budget and because I have a MileagePlus card I was offered a free gift (choice of 2 kinds of travel pillows, a travel blanket and Sony ear buds).

A very nice surprise for me, apologies if this has been posted previously.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Nice one! I've gotten ear buds twice ^
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Discount for using other credit card

I ate today at Wanderlust. It said I would get 20% off after scanning my BP and it showed the appropriate discount at check out. However, after swiping my CSR, the discount reduced to 0% without earning. I’ve gotten the discount before using a different credit card. The terms and conditions don’t say you need to use the United Card. Anybody have any experience with this?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I got the discount at Classified yesterday, even though I swiped my CSP.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:38 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Do we get discount at Classified with Chase Mileage Plus Signature Card as well or only for Explorer card?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Atuchan
Do we get discount at Classified with Chase Mileage Plus Signature Card as well or only for Explorer card?
Any Chase Mileage Plus credit card should work. You'll need to scan the primary cardholder's boarding pass, or their Mileage Plus information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.