Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
she said FRA-EWR isn’t running anymore
I would find it alarming if UA wasn't flying EWR-FRA anymore!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by threeoh
I would find it alarming if UA wasn't flying EWR-FRA anymore!
I figured she meant on Thanksgiving Day (but it does appear to be running)
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... . I decided to just stick with the IAD as the computer stuck me in the old Global First cabin which would be a better seat than Polaris, ....
Odds are high there will very few 3-class 772 still operating by Thanksgiving
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Odds are high there will very few 3-class 772 still operating by Thanksgiving
Maybe I should try to change back to EWR then, don’t want to get stuck with non-direct aisle access.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Maybe I should try to change back to EWR then, don’t want to get stuck with non-direct aisle access.
It would be Polaris seats if you get a new 772. The worst case is multiple swaps which end with a non-Polaris 772 and you losing the original assignment. Small chance, but possible.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:34 pm

Can anyone determine what just happened to SFO-IAD 8/9 0730-1535 (777) ? I just received a notice from my corporate TA of a change and I've now been routed through IAH to get to IAD.

I thought that flight was a stable/regular one on the 777.

Edit- When searching for that flight on UA, it does show up, but clicking to view seat map says " Reaccomodation Pending - retry later". Random sampling of other flights says the same thing. I guess there's a lot of rescheduling/equipment changes going on?

Last edited by FlyingHighlander; Jun 28, 2019 at 6:52 pm
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Edit- When searching for that flight on UA, it does show up, but clicking to view seat map says " Reaccomodation Pending - retry later"
Prep for a schedule change, likely to be cleared up in the next 24 hours.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Can anyone determine what just happened to SFO-IAD 8/9 0730-1535 (777) ? I just received a notice from my corporate TA of a change and I've now been routed through IAH to get to IAD.

I thought that flight was a stable/regular one on the 777.

Edit- When searching for that flight on UA, it does show up, but clicking to view seat map says " Reaccomodation Pending - retry later". Random sampling of other flights says the same thing. I guess there's a lot of rescheduling/equipment changes going on?
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Prep for a schedule change, likely to be cleared up in the next 24 hours.
Watch like a hawk as @WineCountryUA recommends for a schedule change - and be prepared to select a new seat soonest.

David
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:05 pm

Roger that, thanks. Just checked my reservation again and it appears things have settled down. I was put in the very last row on one segment but there were plenty open seats to move to. Well, I'd rather have not re-routed like this but it seems I will at least earn 300 extra PQM which may come in handy since I'm projected to come extremely close to qualifying for Plat this year and I refuse to stretch un-naturally to get there.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold
schedule change leaving enough connection time at ORD?

I have award tix in J MCI-FUK for Oct. 1. The first leg UA 2174 MCI-ORD was changed to arrive 11:57, connecting to UA 881 ORD-NRT at 12:45pm. Original arrival at ORD was 11:47am, an hour. Now there are only 48 minutes to connect to an international flight at ORD. Is this enough time? I doubt the luggage would make it. There are earlier MCI-ORD flights available but I cannot get through to UA to make the change. They are not responding to tweets, they are not answering the phones today after being on hold over an hour, something is going on with UA today. I am willing to take the earlier flight UA 1787 arrives ORD 10:25 to be sure I don't miss the flight to Japan but should not have to pay any change fees since UA is the one who changed the schedule. What should I do?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
UA should work with you on this one -- connection is very tight.

Take the early flight, enjoy some time in the PL.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
I have award tix in J MCI-FUK for Oct. 1. The first leg UA 2174 MCI-ORD was changed to arrive 11:57, connecting to UA 881 ORD-NRT at 12:45pm. Original arrival at ORD was 11:47am, an hour. Now there are only 48 minutes to connect to an international flight at ORD. Is this enough time? I doubt the luggage would make it. ...
The luggage generally does better than the passengers.

The MCT for UA to UA, Domestic - International at ORD is 40 minutes
On time arrival from MC! and wasting no time, you would likely make this but the plane probably would be nearly fully board when you get to the gate.
So may be OK but a high stress connection and any delays out of MCI would be a problem

There are earlier MCI-ORD flights available but I cannot get through to UA to make the change. They are not responding to tweets, they are not answering the phones today after being on hold over an hour, something is going on with UA today. I am willing to take the earlier flight UA 1787 arrives ORD 10:25 to be sure I don't miss the flight to Japan but should not have to pay any change fees since UA is the one who changed the schedule. What should I do?
You have 3 months to travel, it does not have to be resolved today.. Today there are some weather issue in the east coast EWR/LGA/BOS all have delays and ORD also has weather delays, so the lines are backed-up.

Wait a day or two and call ask for an earlier flight on UA --good chance that will work out at no change fee. And have some extra time at ORD but less worry
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Now there are only 48 minutes to connect to an international flight at ORD. Is this enough time?
I believe the minimum connection time D-I at ORD is 40 minutes, so technically yes. But I wouldn't risk it. Boarding starts 3 minutes after your inbound arrives.

I doubt the luggage would make it.
Luggage often moves faster than you do.

I cannot get through to UA to make the change. They are not responding to tweets, they are not answering the phones today after being on hold over an hour, something is going on with UA today.
Tweeting is not the way to handle this. A phone call is. You've given it one hour, and the flight is in October. But...technically this is still a legal connection. They would be doing you a favor, albeit a sensible one, so I would approach it from that perspective.

Also, what's the most likely outcome if you misconnect? They would probably put you on the next flight to Tokyo.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
I believe the minimum connection time D-I at ORD is 40 minutes, so technically yes. But I wouldn't risk it. Boarding starts 3 minutes after your inbound arrives.

Luggage often moves faster than you do.

Tweeting is not the way to handle this. A phone call is. You've given it one hour, and the flight is in October. But...technically this is still a legal connection. They would be doing you a favor, albeit a sensible one, so I would approach it from that perspective.

Also, what's the most likely outcome if you misconnect? They would probably put you on the next flight to Tokyo.
As the final destination is Fukuoka, if we miss this flight to Tokyo we will miss the NRT-FUK flight on ANA, last of the day. The next flight to Tokyo and Fukuoka would be the next day so my plans would be all messed up. There may not be J award seats available. We would also have our hotel cancelled as a no show and there are no rooms available in Fukuoka Oct. 1 as World Cup Rugby is going on and everything is booked. I made the hotel reservation 6 months ago to secure space. Plus, we may not have luggage for a few days.

I know the trip is not for 3 months but there are award seats available on the earlier flight today so I want to take care of this as soon as possible. 2 days from now those seats could be gone and UA may just say tough luck. I do not have stats with UA so I don't expect them to do me any favors. I don't want to start a vacation with the stress of missing a flight and having to rearrange plans at the last minute. UA has done this to me before and yes, it is incredibly stressful.

If UA 881 is fully boarded by the time the MCI flight lands and we run to the gate and we aren't onboard 10 minutes before takeoff, don't they give away our seats? Would they hold the plane for us?

I had no idea UA was having problems today, there is nothing on the web site to indicate it.

Originally Posted by onthesam
UA should work with you on this one -- connection is very tight.

Take the early flight, enjoy some time in the PL.
I sure hope they do. I booked these flights way back in November to be sure to get the exact flights and times I wanted and it had all worked out perfectly until thee schedule change. I have no stars with UA so I don't know how accommodating they will be.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 30, 2019 at 3:04 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know the trip is not for 3 months but there are award seats available on the earlier flight today so I want to take care of this as soon as possible.
The availability, or lack thereof, of award seats isn't really relevant.

Either you get an agent who will move you for free, in which case they can open award seats, or you don't, in which case they're going to charge you a change fee that I'm sure you'd rather not pay.

If UA 881 is fully boarded by the time the MCI flight lands and we run to the gate and we aren't onboard 10 minutes before takeoff, don't they give away our seats? Would they hold the plane for us?
UA reserves the right to give your seat away 30 minutes prior to departure for an international flight.

I agree with you; I would not risk a sub-one hour connection at ORD. (I probably wouldn't have booked the original itinerary, to be perfectly honest).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.