Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ride red
How good of a reason do I need to cancel? The IAH to YVR flight was moved from morning to evening. I want to cancel and rebook since that would save me $400. Can I just say it doesnt work for me and leave it at that? Or do I have to make up a good reason?
"That doesn't work for me" should be fine for something that drastic.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ride red
How good of a reason do I need to cancel? .
With a change of >2 hours a rason is not needed. Witha change for 30 minutes, just say it creates a travel problem.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Hi all - it's been quite a while since I've dealt with a schedule change as most of my travel is booked within 4-6 weeks of departure. However, I just noticed on my UA-issued (016 ticket) that one of my Copa flights has been cancelled in July. While it hasn't hit the reservation with the red warning, the flight is no longer showing up in Copa's system and I assume I may finally get a prompt over the weekend.. or maybe never since it's a partner flight and was also upgraded via RPU.

My question: is the same flexibility with rescheduling provided for partner flights issued on an 016 ticket? In this scenario, the only other option to keep the same downline segments would be to take a flight 2.5 hours earlier, which I simply won't do as it's at ~4am. Can I do the usual with researching what alternative flights I'd like in advance and then calling and requesting those? Most importantly, do you think they will open up upgrade space on the new (UA) flights to keep me up front? The only issue I forsee is that I used an RPU given it was Copa, but a GPU would technically be needed on the new itineraries I'm looking at as they all have a UA departure from either UIO/BOG/LIM so RPU would not work...

Appreciate any help you can provide so I know what I can expect before I call.

ETA: It looks like from previous reports, I should be able to move to an all-UA itinerary or possibly an AV-UA-UA routing (my preferred option). Biggest question now is do I have any rights to keep my confirmed UG...

Last edited by CruiserCLE; May 17, 2019 at 9:26 am
Old May 21, 2019, 9:03 am

Can anyone explain me what happened to UA145 on May 20th? It diverted to SNN.
Were the passengers arrived 1 day later at EWR?
Old May 21, 2019, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by mittch
It arrived 4 minutes early in EWR after an uneventful flight without diversions. It didn't come close to SNN.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by mozilla
It arrived 4 minutes early in EWR after an uneventful flight without diversions. It didn't come close to SNN.
If you search for the flight on FlightRadar24 that's the information provided. Is it incorrect?
Old May 21, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
If you search for the flight on FlightRadar24 that's the information provided. Is it incorrect?
yes it is. If you look at the history is doesn't really show the fligthpath at all.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:04 am

united.com also says arrived 4m early an no diversion.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Were the passengers arrived 1 day later at EWR?
Something went wrong with FR24 as it has the wrong tail number, that airplane was cancelled in SNN on 20 May and arrived in EWR a day late
Old May 21, 2019, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by N104UA
Something went wrong with FR24 as it has the wrong tail number, that airplane was cancelled in SNN on 20 May and arrived in EWR a day late
Are we talking about the same flight? UA145 OPO-EWR on May 20th?

Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Kind of disappointing

Here is my situation: I had booked round trip BUD-MUC-SFO-MUC-BUD on P fare for 2 adults plus 20-month old in hear own (car) seat (was a pretty good deal). BUD-MUC was removed from the schedule that day that time, so they changed my booking automatically, beucase I wouldn't be able to get to MUC in time.
Original (1/1/2020): UA8823, UA195 P fare
Changed to (1/1/2020): UA9221, UA927 and new ticket showed Z class.
Two issues with what they changed to: 1) 5hr layover instead of 2, getting in 4+hrs later 2) UA927 is 777 with new J seats and car seats are officially not allowed in that cabin.
I called first and asked to be moved back to original itinerary, but a day later (Jan 2). They said they couldn't do it because fare class wasn't available on LH which didn't seem to be true, BUD-MUC showed as Z3. Yes, UA195 was Z0, but they can open that up. Anyway, I said leave as is and will think about it.
Found another option on 1/1: UA9037, UA8883. Great 2hr connection, LH A380 is ok for car seats, and both showed Z4. I called again, they wouldn't do it because "they would have to pay LH the fare difference and they don't want to absorb it". Sure the original deal fare was not available, but aren't they in a JV, I don't get why it makes a difference who operates the flight. They offered to refund. As a last ditch effort I asked this agent about my first idea, moving everything to Jan 2 and she was able to do it no problem.

Overall: mixed outcome. I got something that's acceptable and will get a bit of extra PQM (Z vs P), but
1) I had to spend 1.5hrs with two agents on the phone (mostly holding), plus 15 minutes writing this post
2) I though that JV means more flexibility. This is not the first time I had a problem with LH flight on UA ticket. Pretty discouraged to buy ticket from UA that has a LH flight.
3) Utter confusion about car seat. First agent said she never heard of any limitations about car seats. Second agent said car seats are never allowed in lie flat. Truth is in between, there is a long thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-infant-3.html
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fatlasercat
2) I though that JV means more flexibility. .....
Not sure why you would think that.
JV is a business arrange, means nothing to the customer,

====

Moved the discussion as suggested by OP about child seats to
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-w-infant.html

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 6, 2019 at 10:15 am Reason: Moved discussion
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Not sure why you would think that.
JV is a business arrange, means nothing to the customer,
Exactly because it's a business arrangement. JV should mean that they should treat flights operated by LH or UA equally from the business perspective. But they said that they have to pay LH if they switch me to LH from UA which costs them money, but if I stay on UA they don't have to incur any cost.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by fatlasercat
Exactly because it's a business arrangement. JV should mean that they should treat flights operated by LH or UA equally from the business perspective. But they said that they have to pay LH if they switch me to LH from UA which costs them money, but if I stay on UA they don't have to incur any cost.
That's not the nature of the arrangement. It is a post-flight revenue sharing and having a common pricing structure agreement. There are not co-operated flights. UA would still need to purchase space from LH.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Just had a bizarre situation. Booked YUL-EWR-GVA-OPO-FRA-EWR-YUL earlier this week, with the return on Thanksgiving Day. Got GPU confirmed FRA-EWR to get the new Polaris and Polaris club. Checked my schedule tonight, found out all my UA segments had been changed both ways to fly through IAD (but with all the EWR segments still there as waitlisted. Called in to figure it out, she said FRA-EWR isn’t running anymore (I still see it but I digress). I decided to just stick with the IAD as the computer stuck me in the old Global First cabin which would be a better seat than Polaris, and I can live without the lounge.

Any idea what happened? She said it was changed from UA’s end. Why did they have the desire to route me through IAD

EDIT: Just checked, appears that I chose the unlucky YUL-EWR flights. My original YUL-EWR doesn’t show up on Saturday Nov 23, and my original return doesn’t show up on Thanksgiving. Other options mean a short layover or flying AC (so less lounge time). I’ll take the Global First instead.

Last edited by dinoscool3; Jun 23, 2019 at 8:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.