Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by djohannw

Today I woke up with yet another schedule-change on the just-rebooked flight - the flight-time changed by just one minute, but it is now operated by an A319 instead of the 739. Given this my chances to sit in F on that flight are probably nil and I should have gone with the IAH-routing as that still has the 739.

Do you think I stand a chance if I call in again and ask to modify the routing once more so I get back on the 739? Or will this be just a futile exercise?

Thanks for your feedback!

Greetings - Dirk
Not very likely if there is no change in time since it is still mainline. Worth a shot, but I doubt it
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Wow! First I'm hearing of this. I have had several schedule changes and haven't seem that. Where is the notice located (is it in the Red notation)? Thanks and Safe Travels..
Was listed right on reservation summary page
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:21 pm

UA SKD change, opportunity for better flights ?

Hi everyone,

I've got a P (first) class ticket to Hawaii and back. UA have changed schedules (5-10 minute difference) both ways and offer to make changes if I prefer different flights.

My routing is outbound 31OCT and inbound 08NOV :
YYZ/ORD - 320
ORD/LAX - 738
LAX/LIH - 752 (looks like lie flat seats)
ARNK
HNL/ORD - 772 (looks like lie flat seats)
ORD/YYZ - 739

Is there a better routing to be considered ? Looks like the transpacific segments are Polaris. Could I get better short haul equipment ?

I'm thinking that I'm already pretty happy with the schedule, but will appreciate recommendations.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
If you want more time in your bed, you might consider HNL-EWR-YYZ on the return.

And on the outbound, you could look to connect to the DEN-LIH in a 757, flat bed.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
5-10 min isn't going to get you a lot of leeway.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
If you want more time in your bed, you might consider HNL-EWR-YYZ on the return.

And on the outbound, you could look to connect to the DEN-LIH in a 757, flat bed.
Thanks Transportprof, may try the EWR route on way back !

DEN/LIH not offered, you may be thinking of DEN/OGG.

Originally Posted by mduell
5-10 min isn't going to get you a lot of leeway.
In my experience, schedule changes of any length have opened up options - reschedule, reroute or 100% refund, though I desperately need the downtime in Hawaii.

Originally Posted by dodgy73
Thanks Transportprof, may try the EWR route on way back !

DEN/LIH not offered, you may be thinking of DEN/OGG.
Hmm, 764 HNL/EWR vs. 772 HNL/ORD. Thoughts on which has the better "P" product ?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 17, 2017 at 4:10 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Hmm, 764 HNL/EWR vs. 772 HNL/ORD. Thoughts on which has the better "P" product ?
764 is better as it is 5 across.

Also as others have said above the 5-10 minute difference may make it hard to convince an agent to allow EWR over ORD
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by N104UA
764 is better as it is 5 across.

Also as others have said above the 5-10 minute difference may make it hard to convince an agent to allow EWR over ORD
I agree, convincing agent for EWR may be difficult. However, I have right to cancel outright...

Will see - EWR is best, though connecting service is operated by AC. May be a deal breaker...
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
I agree, convincing agent for EWR may be difficult. However, I have right to cancel outright...
You might want to check out the wiki above. Normally it takes a 30 minute change (or change of seat config) for a no charge change. A 2 hour change gives you ability to cancel for total refund. Correct?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
You might want to check out the wiki above. Normally it takes a 30 minute change (or change of seat config) for a no charge change. A 2 hour change gives you ability to cancel for total refund. Correct?
Yes this is correct, I believe it previously was any schedule change would allow cancel or change but I agree that having a 10 minute change won't significantly change your day (although I have gotten changes with an under 30 min change it makes the flight illegal with MCT). I highly doubt you will be able to cancel for a 20min change.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes this is correct, I believe it previously was any schedule change would allow cancel or change but I agree that having a 10 minute change won't significantly change your day (although I have gotten changes with an under 30 min change it makes the flight illegal with MCT). I highly doubt you will be able to cancel for a 20min change.
Yes, unless the itinerary is now in violation of MCT a 5-10 minute change won't get you very far.

The 764 from EWR is a much better ride than the 77G from ORD though.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by findark
Yes, unless the itinerary is now in violation of MCT a 5-10 minute change won't get you very far.

The 764 from EWR is a much better ride than the 77G from ORD though.
I don't know when OP booked this flight, but if he booked it when UA was stilling the barca loungers on HNL-ORD, he could have a leg to stand on as it is an equipment change (i.e he is okay with 7 across but not 8 across)
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:11 am

I don't know when OP booked this flight, but if he booked it when UA was stilling the barca loungers on HNL-ORD, he could have a leg to stand on as it is an equipment change (i.e he is okay with 7 across but not 8 across)
Not sure what you mean by that N104UA. For clarity, I'm happy with any J product that's lie flat.

Thanks to to everyone who weighed in on the configurations. Much appreciated.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:08 am

Not sure what you mean by that N104UA. For clarity, I'm happy with any J product that's lie flat.

Thanks to to everyone who weighed in on the configurations. Much appreciated.
UA allows you to change your flight if there has been any aircraft type change, even though you prefer the lieflat to the recliners, don't tell the RES agent that. It is another option that you may have to rebook to EWR (assuming it was the recliners when you booked)
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:08 am

UA allows you to change your flight if there has been any aircraft type change, even though you prefer the lieflat to the recliners, don't tell the RES agent that. It is another option that you may have to rebook to EWR (assuming it was the recliners when you booked)
Good news / Bad news

Good news first - I spoke with a lovely agent at the Premier desk, she noted schedule changes totalling 35 mins (over two segments), but was happy enough to move me to the EWR service.

Bad news, can't book a P fare on code share (Air Canada) EWR/YYZ, would have to fly SkyWest/ExpressJet - all Economy.

Will forego the 764. Thanks to everyone in this group for the great advice, looking forward to flying your airline once again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.