Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:52 am

Flying UA870 SYD-SFO next week and trans-Pacific 777s have suffered cancellations recently. If this happens to my flight, what can I expect United to do for me?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by John Darcy
Flying UA870 SYD-SFO next week and trans-Pacific 777s have suffered cancellations recently. If this happens to my flight, what can I expect United to do for me?
Nothing

They will get you on the next available UA flight from SYD, they may also look for SYD-(BNE/MEL/AKL/CHC)-SFO options. If this is a paid ticket & with some persistence you can probably get them to re-route you on QF, assuming there are no seats on UA metal flights available.
UA will also pay hotels/meals as appropriate assuming the cancellation is 'controllable' (which most of them are on this route).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
SYD-LAX/IAH-SFO should also be options.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.