Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:05 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 751
if i am understanding this UA's guidance to TA's (on Jetstream) & the wiki correctly, a greater than 6 hr change on United metal for an International flight will only allow one to move the flight day up to a week in either direction.

is my understanding correct?
medellinfein is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:12 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SFO
Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 353
Need some advice given schedule changes: Booked SFO-YVR-HND-YVR-SFO in J on United so it's 016 stock, but flights are operated by AC and NH.

My SFO-YVR leg (UA 8564 operated as AC 567) got changed by over an hour so now my time to connect in YVR is now only 1:16. My return YVR-SFO leg (AC 8846) is now leaving 4:25 later so I have a super long layover in YVR. What are my options? Can I call United to be rebooked on an earlier UA or AC operated SFO-YVR leg to ensure I can make my connection, and similarly to shorten the layover on the return YVR-SFO leg? Or do I have to work through AC as they're the operating carrier? Is there a chance I can use this to change to the SFO-HND direct based on the wiki or is that an incorrect interpretation?

Worst case scenario, given it's more than a 2 hour change, I can get a full refund if necessary?

Last edited by bioyuki; Feb 8, 2023 at 4:25 pm
bioyuki is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:52 pm
  #48  
Moderator: United Airlines
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 66,807
Originally Posted by medellinfein
if i am understanding this UA's guidance to TA's (on Jetstream) & the wiki correctly, a greater than 6 hr change on United metal for an International flight will only allow one to move the flight day up to a week in either direction.

is my understanding correct?
You are allowed a full refund to original payment method.

As for date change without fare difference, the up to 7 days can be challenging to get, the up to 7 days seems to be limited to infrequent flights but some have gotten multiple day shifts, even a week, such as to move a weekend trip, but if you are looking for more, very doubtful

Originally Posted by bioyuki
Need some advice given schedule changes: Booked SFO-YVR-HND-YVR-SFO in J on United so it's 016 stock, but flights are operated by AC and NH.

My SFO-YVR leg (UA 8564 operated as AC 567) got changed by over an hour so now my time to connect in YVR is now only 1:16. My return YVR-SFO leg (AC 8846) is now leaving 4:25 later so I have a super long layover in YVR. What are my options? Can I call United to be rebooked on an earlier UA or AC operated SFO-YVR leg to ensure I can make my connection, and similarly to shorten the layover on the return YVR-SFO leg? Or do I have to work through AC as they're the operating carrier? Is there a chance I can use this to change to the SFO-HND direct based on the wiki or is that an incorrect interpretation?

Worst case scenario, given it's more than a 2 hour change, I can get a full refund if necessary?
First, you also work with the ticketing agency / airline, if pre-travel.
For the outbound, you are still within the MCT , 1:00, but an accommodating agent may be willing to switch to an earlier SFO-YVR, especially if UA operated, Same for the return, pick an UA operated flight and you should be OK.

Changing to the UA operated SFO-HND while still inside the MCT for just an hour change is not guaranteed but you can ask - decent chance of happening.

and yes, a full refund to original payment method is an option.
jsloan, SPN Lifer, bioyuki and 1 others like this.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:53 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 5,447
Originally Posted by medellinfein
if i am understanding this UA's guidance to TA's (on Jetstream) & the wiki correctly, a greater than 6 hr change on United metal for an International flight will only allow one to move the flight day up to a week in either direction.

is my understanding correct?
Yes that's correct.

Originally Posted by bioyuki
Need some advice given schedule changes: Booked SFO-YVR-HND-YVR-SFO in J on United so it's 016 stock, but flights are operated by AC and NH.

My SFO-YVR leg (UA 8564 operated as AC 567) got changed by over an hour so now my time to connect in YVR is now only 1:16. My return YVR-SFO leg (AC 8846) is now leaving 4:25 later so I have a super long layover in YVR. What are my options? Can I call United to be rebooked on an earlier UA or AC operated SFO-YVR leg to ensure I can make my connection, and similarly to shorten the layover on the return YVR-SFO leg? Or do I have to work through AC as they're the operating carrier? Is there a chance I can use this to change to the SFO-HND direct based on the wiki or is that an incorrect interpretation?

Worst case scenario, given it's more than a 2 hour change, I can get a full refund if necessary?
The AC-NH US-international MCT at YVR is 1:10, so you're barely above it. I would push for SFO-HND and HND-SFO (on either UA or NH) on the basis of a very risky connection on the outbound and a major schedule change on the return. You might get pushback from the agent on the outbound, but HUCA and a good agent should be able to do it. You'll be working with UA, not AC, as they're the ticketing carrier.
bioyuki and medellinfein like this.
dkc192 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:44 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 751
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You are allowed a full refund to original payment method.

As for date change without fare difference, the up to 7 days can be challenging to get, the up to 7 days seems to be limited to infrequent flights but some have gotten multiple day shifts, even a week, such as to move a weekend trip, but if you are looking for more, very doubtful
Thanks, i am looking to push flight out 2 weeks

i'll be sure to report back regardless of whether successful or not
medellinfein is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:48 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 751
Originally Posted by medellinfein
Thanks, i am looking to push flight out 2 weeks

i'll be sure to report back regardless of whether successful or not
  • was unable to change the date 13 days via United app chat
  • was able to successfully push forward departure date 13 days by calling customer service and taking advantage of the friendly Filipino agent who did not know the rules
medellinfein is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:54 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: United
Posts: 73
Rebooking on AA: refund?

Random question inspired by a conversation w/UA Club agent. Setup: flying home from MSY on Sunday (2/5), my flight to IAH was delayed due to a mechanical issue. Meant I would miss my connection home. I checked w/United Club agent and was rebooked on AA through DFW. Fine arrangement. In passing, the agent said “be sure to check with United when you get home to see about compensation.” This struck me as odd. Frankly, my trip wasn’t terribly disrupted although I did miss the two PQFs and, as I’ll be borderline to again qualify for 1K this year based on segments, I could regret it come December. So here’s my question: do I have any recourse w/United, as the agent implied? I won’t push it unless suggested otherwise. Thank you, in advance!
catahoulafriend is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2023, 8:11 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2,279
Originally Posted by catahoulafriend
Random question inspired by a conversation w/UA Club agent. Setup: flying home from MSY on Sunday (2/5), my flight to IAH was delayed due to a mechanical issue. Meant I would miss my connection home. I checked w/United Club agent and was rebooked on AA through DFW. Fine arrangement. In passing, the agent said “be sure to check with United when you get home to see about compensation.” This struck me as odd. Frankly, my trip wasn’t terribly disrupted although I did miss the two PQFs and, as I’ll be borderline to again qualify for 1K this year based on segments, I could regret it come December. So here’s my question: do I have any recourse w/United, as the agent implied? I won’t push it unless suggested otherwise. Thank you, in advance!
United Consolidated Compensation Thread

Refund due? No, you travelled.
Compensation due? Maybe, but nothing legally required.
Credit for the flights you should have been on (2PQFs)? absolutely eligible, contact MPSC requesting ORC (original routing credit).

With regards to compensation: do you feel that whatever delay you experienced by being rebooked onto AA still left you overall dissatisfied with the travel experience and UA should do something more for you to make up for it? Then contact United and see what they offer. If you're happy with the outcome already, don't worry about it further. Only you can decide if what you experienced is a big enough deal to you that you feel like the airline needs to do something more. Based on the compensation thread it seems lately there is a minimum delay threshold of around 4 hours before they generally do anything additional in terms of compensation.

(It sounds like to me, reading your post, your biggest concern is the 2PQFs). If thats the case, request ORC and leave compensation requests in case something in the future comes up that has you actually upset about the overall experience.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Lux Flyer is offline  
Old Feb 8, 2023, 8:46 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 5,447
Originally Posted by medellinfein
was able to successfully push forward departure date 13 days by calling customer service and taking advantage of the friendly Filipino agent who did not know the rules
Definitely would not count on this for future schedule changes.
SPN Lifer likes this.
dkc192 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:42 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: YVR
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 975
Got an IN award ticket with last leg in XN. The last flight just got schedule changed +2 hours. While the new timing works for me so I don't really need to change it, I was wondering if I would be able to ask UA to open IN space for me on that flight due to schedule change?
kevflyer is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:32 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BOS<>NYC<>BKK
Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Posts: 4,388
I booked a one-way domestic flight yesterday at 3PM EST. By 9PM EST, it had a schedule change. A new record! It turns out I was automatically rebooked to a flight a few hours later, which did not work for me. A nice GS agent changed the rebooking to an earlier flight at no cost, which when I checked at the original booking was more expensive.
goodeats21 and truncated like this.
wxguy is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:19 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 141
Huh. When a partner airline makes schedule/equipment changes, is it common for them to completely drop codeshare availability altogether? Or is there some time before systems are updated and partner availability is restored?

Was scheduled to fly YVR to SFO on Air Canada, departing at 1310. AC was going to fly a 737 for the route, but looks like they just swapped it out for a CRJ, still departing at 1310. My ticket has now vanished without any new flight options, and there is no sign of the flight (AC8842) being available on UAs website as a codeshare, yet it is readily available on AC's page.
Denguin is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:29 am
  #58  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: LAX
Programs: UA
Posts: 1,531
Originally Posted by Denguin
My ticket has now vanished without any new flight options
What does this mean? Did UA cancel your flight? Was this a cash ticket or award?
angetenar is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:47 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by angetenar
What does this mean? Did UA cancel your flight? Was this a cash ticket or award?
I'm not quite sure - it seems so. I received a schedule change notification last night that UA 8509 (return leg) was affected by a change, UA 8601 (outbound leg) was showing as unaffected and still proceeding as originally scheduled. Just checked again this morning, and UA 8601 has vanished from my itinerary, and is no longer available on UA's website. AC is still running the flight at the same time, but it looks like they've changed the flight number, as it'll be now operated by their regional airline Jazz. I still have not received any correspondence from UA about any changes to UA 8601.

Tickets were purchased with cash. I recognize that I can probably call in to be moved to an alternative UA flight, but the 1 pm departure really works the best for my work and transportation arrangements at destination, and I would rather stay with AC due to a free checked bag benefit.

My original itinerary:
Outbound
UA 8601
YVR to SFO
1:10-3:44 pm

Inbound
UA 8509
SFO to YVR
7:40-10:01 pm

New itinerary:
Outbound
No sign of the outbound leg anymore.

Inbound
UA 8509
SFO to YVR
7:25-9:44 pm
Denguin is offline  
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:51 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Programs: Statusless and proud
Posts: 7,582
Does UA not codeshare with Jazz flights? I'm guessing if you call, you can get back onto your original flight with an AC flight number instead of UA.
Denguin likes this.
JayhawkCO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.