Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:08 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by jsloan
https://science.nasa.gov/eclipses/fu...24/where-when/

Austin is directly in the path of totality.
so people are moving from where to where?
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
so people are moving from where to where?
Anywhere not along the path to the large cities directly in its path, such as Austin.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Anywhere not along the path to the large cities directly in its path, such as Austin.
We're going to Niagara Falls - the path of totality runs almost directly overhead.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
We're going to Niagara Falls - the path of totality runs almost directly overhead.
LX52 could be interesting that day ... keeping my fingers crossed. Was not booked because of this
Old Jan 12, 2024, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Be aware of literally millions of visitors that weekend due to solar power being shut down from TX to ME (and in Canada from ON to NL) for up to 4.5 min Mon 4/08 afternoon. AUS and DFW are selling at $1000 r/t from many locations. Many flights will be full.
If you want to see some really high fares, look up flights to MZT.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:47 pm

When are summer transcon flights finalized? Happened to look at a June flight with inconvenient schedule changes and am wondering at what point I need to adjust if the schedule is still susceptible to change
Old Jan 13, 2024, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freckles123
When are summer transcon flights finalized? Happened to look at a June flight with inconvenient schedule changes and am wondering at what point I need to adjust if the schedule is still susceptible to change
would expect no further changes after March
freckles123 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:17 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by cfischer
You have more faith in United than I do.
freckles123 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 8:45 pm

You have more faith in United than I do.
If the current schedule doesn't work for my plans, do you recommend waiting until March/April before having United move me to a different flight?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I'd recommend switching flights now if it doesn't take too much effort. If further changes occur, you'll be able to switch flights again.
jsloan, SPN Lifer and freckles123 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
This has come up before, just got hit with a slightly greater than an one hour change (later in the day) on a SFO-EGE run. I was given the option to change basically to anything I wanted and even cancel without fee. I am accepting the change but what is the current stated cut off for not accepting the change now, 1 hour? Route dependent? Checked wiki and didn't see it listed.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
what is the current stated cut off for not accepting the change now
As far as I know, there is no cutoff.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As far as I know, there is no cutoff.
except if/when there is another change that then takes this back to the original or close enough such that no free change will be possible. If there is something else I like, I always call ASAP to get it ... why wait?
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
This has come up before, just got hit with a slightly greater than an one hour change (later in the day) on a SFO-EGE run. I was given the option to change basically to anything I wanted and even cancel without fee. I am accepting the change but what is the current stated cut off for not accepting the change now, 1 hour? Route dependent? Checked wiki and didn't see it listed.
30 minutes or more allows a rerouting, 2 hours a refund.
https://jetstream.united.com/#/sub-l...6000006V2voEAC

We have two schedule change threads, one for general announcement of major route changes -- new or additiions, deletions. monthly / seasonal routes...UA-Schedule changes
Another thread for Individual impacts and what to do -- to which I will move these posts to and the time info is in that wiki
nomad420 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 20, 2024 at 12:23 pm
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:23 pm

If there is something else I like, I always call ASAP to get it ... why wait?
That's a big if. Most people will book the best option initially, so by definition anything else is suboptimal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.