FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1812777-united-consolidated-compensation-thread-2017-a.html)

goalie Jan 4, 2017 10:35 am

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2017]

As 2017 is now upon us, please post your 2017 Compensation issues here and as a reference point, the 2016 thread can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-2016-a.html

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator

airtimeprimus Jan 5, 2017 11:10 am

5 hour delay, rebooked on AA resulting a ~3.5 hour delay. Granted $100 voucher (UA G).

slickvik Jan 5, 2017 11:44 am

5 hour delay because of aircraft turned back due to mechanical issue, then plane swap. Offered 3750 or $75. Reaching out to customer care for a better offer.

LAXOGG Jan 5, 2017 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik (Post 27709955)
5 hour delay because of aircraft turned back due to mechanical issue, then plane swap. Offered 3750 or $75. Reaching out to customer care for a better offer.

What is your status?

slickvik Jan 5, 2017 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by LAXOGG (Post 27710273)
What is your status?

General. My dad is million miler and GS for the last 3 years so I put that in the note. That has helped me the last 2 times I had issues, they gave me $150 and $100 as a result. We'll see.

emika Jan 5, 2017 8:13 pm

Last month my flight was cancelled, forcing me to stay overnight and I managed to leave earlier than my guaranteed flight by standing by for an earlier flight. Received around 6k miles the next day but that's not why I'm posting here now.

I discovered yesterday that United didn't quite get the memo that I traveled standby and canceled my ticket but luckily I saved my boarding pass & a lovely note from a FA (I'm Deaf so she was writing down an announcement for me and confirming my communication preferences) from the standby flight. UA told me to go to an airport with my pass to get my ticket reinstated which I'm doing so now which is an inconvenience due to SFO being a 3 hour round trip from where I am now. My return flight is on a holiday weekend and I have to leave/arrive at a specific time which is why I'm getting it sorted out now instead of arriving at the airport very early on the day of travel.

I plan on asking for compensation of some sort to make up for the trip to the airport, do you guys reckon that I have a chance? No status but I'm a credit card holder.

zrs70 Jan 5, 2017 8:21 pm

$500 voucher for paid J seat (scl-iah) that didn't quite go down all the way. FA provided an unsolicited form.

kingston_ny Jan 5, 2017 9:26 pm

Flight was delayed 1.5 hours due to missing "screws"

Of course we wouldn't want to fly with a mechanical problem but would most ask for compensation? Would we be eligible for a compensation?

Also to boot they lost my suitcase, and found it (came in on another flight) but I still don't have it yet..

WineCountryUA Jan 5, 2017 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by kingston_ny (Post 27712766)
Of course we wouldn't want to fly with a mechanical problem but would most ask for compensation? Would we be eligible for a compensation? ....

Generally flight delays under 3 hour and even four hours are not provided "compensation." Just part of travel. :(

Originally Posted by kingston_ny (Post 27712766)
Also to boot they lost my suitcase, and found it (came in on another flight) but I still don't have it yet..

This might get you something if lasts over a day.

jp12687 Jan 5, 2017 10:42 pm

1k traveling on J award ticket
connexting through Zurich to JNB
they were supposed to check my bag through but were unable to. Check in lady was excessively rude and dismissive.
boarded flight and was not given pre flighgbdrink or menu (rest of cabin was)
after a 90min delay on plane they off loaded us due to MX
plane swap
6 hours later new flight left
super short connection in ZRH now so we will miss the dinner reservations we have

thoights on if any comp should be offered?

WineCountryUA Jan 5, 2017 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by jp12687 (Post 27712992)
1k traveling on J award ticket
connexting through Zurich to JNB
they were supposed to check my bag through but were unable to. Check in lady was excessively rude and dismissive.
boarded flight and was not given pre flighgbdrink or menu (rest of cabin was)
after a 90min delay on plane they off loaded us due to MX
plane swap
6 hours later new flight left
super short connection in ZRH now so we will miss the dinner reservations we have

thoights on if any comp should be offered?

If you make your ZRH connection, the case is weaker. Generally speaking if the airline makes the connection and it is not a formal stopover, they have made their minimal requirements. A shorter connection usually does not warranty much -- you can submit a complain and might get a token amount of miles.

UK Stages Jan 6, 2017 9:44 pm

15,000 miles or $300 (proactive recovery) for a five hour delay HKG ---> EWR, with a diversion to SFO for a crew change, resulting in an arrival eight hours late.

safra1 Jan 7, 2017 1:39 pm

AVOD wasn't working on a transcon. $125 voucher.

wcalvert Jan 8, 2017 7:05 am

3.75 hour maintenance delay Christmas morning.

Sent comp emails for both me and my girlfriend (no status) on a separate itin but same flights.

I received 2000 miles and a response within 2 days.

She received a $50 cert and a response 7 days after email sent.

Both emails were identical.

I think I would have rather had the cert to be honest. Oh well.

transportprof Jan 8, 2017 7:58 am

Originally Posted by wcalvert (Post 27724680)
3.75 hour maintenance delay Christmas morning.

Sent comp emails for both me and my girlfriend (no status) on a separate itin but same flights.

I received 2000 miles and a response within 2 days.

She received a $50 cert and a response 7 days after email sent.

Both emails were identical.

I think I would have rather had the cert to be honest. Oh well.

You can request that the miles be converted to an ETC instead, if that's what you'd prefer.