Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RPU not deducting at time of application / waitlist?

Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:11 am
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

Hi all -- I know better than to imagine that I have received some random good luck from UA IT system, what should be done? --

I applied an RPU to a family member's domestic itinerary (p.s. route), and after clicking through to the confirmation buttons I received an error message saying to contact UA web support (US, UK phone numbers shown).

On talking with them, they say that it has actually been applied, and indeed the reservation now shows a popup on Fare Class: "R class requested" "You are confirmed in [pax's fare] class on this flight and have requested a change to R class. You will be automatically confirmed on this flight if space in your requested class (R) becomes available."

But the RPUs have not been deducted from my account.

Should I leave it as is? Has this been applied correctly or will there be an unpleasant surprise as this appears to have worked but in reality didn't?

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
I recommend you reapply the RPU over the phone. If UA runs an audit and finds out there's no RPU linked to the upgrade, they may stick you on the back of the plane again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.