Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LOT Polish Airlines (LO) award booking experiences, phantom inventory, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish Airlines (LO) award booking experiences, phantom inventory, ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: UA, AS, IHG
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Usually when I book non UA metal on an 016 ticket I get a warning that United needs to confirm space availability. This is on paid tickets so perhaps they do not provide the same caveat for award tickets. I have booked award tickets through UA but am not sure if I remember the message appearing.

I do know I recently tried to book 016 tickets on non UA metal and they error out as the inventory is not really avaliable. Ended up buying directly with another sirline.

Is there a fee to transfer the points back (please excuse my ignorance as I do not transfer points)? Is it possible to book directly with LO using points or do you need a combination of your MP points and the points you transferred?

I will be interested in the suggestions of others more experienced in this area as it is frustrating at times.
I used some MP I already had, plus the UR. There is no way at all to transfer the points back. Even if there was, though, I have no way to produce Miles&More points to buy direct with LOT (other than maybe buying them for cash, which is going to be a bad value if it's even doable)

What ends up being the fate of these not-ticketed tickets? (Mine has other segments that seem to have actually booked?) Will anything bad happen to me if I just keep remaking the booking every day until it either tickets or else disappears from UA site (other than that I'll become grumpy from wasting so much time)?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 1, 2018 at 12:04 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Is LO phantom availability something common? I've run into OS issues before, but they usually error out during booking. I booked an award in I this morning including a segment on LO, got the first email, but then when it didn't ticket by this afternoon, I called. I was told LO got back to them that there is no availability in I. The flight is still bookable on united.com
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Today - Website offering an itinerary (one-way) which included LOT segment in business. When selecting and continuing, website advises due to rapidly changing inventory, that flight is no longer available. But it continued to show up in web searches.
I called the 1K desk, and they were able to complete the transaction. Now ticketed and confirmed.

Return showed itinerary with LOT segment in business, and was able to complete the transaction on-line. Now ticketed and confirmed.

Just FYI in case others find the same. Might be worth a phone call to try and snag it. Looking forward to trying out a new carrier...
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Had the same thing with my itinerary last week. I called and the agent couldn't even find the flight I was looking for (LO-coded/operated intra-Europe flight). She eventually found it but told me it didn't have availability so that the website was correct. Oh, and EF said the flight *did* have availability. Maybe I just got a bad agent.

YMMV big time on this.

-RM
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:53 am

Exclamation Mileage Plus Business Saver Award on LOT

Anyone had recent experience flying LOT from EWR or JFK, connecting in Warsaw for Europe?
There is a lot of availability for Business Saver awards for next year on their new Neo equipment but don't know what to expect on LOT?
Any input would be appreciated!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
There is a thread in the LH forum discussing the LOT 787 experience.

Review from The Points Guy

Older review from One Mile at a Time

Last edited by tods27; Jul 10, 2019 at 7:30 am
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I did it last year from EWR. The ride is fine, the seats have no privacy though. WAW is easy to transfer in, although I found the immigration agents to be grumpier than other EU countries.

I also booked using MP award miles and had no issues for check-in, lounge access, etc. Overall, the experience won’t be as nice as some of the other seats that fly TATL, but the Dreamliner is a nice plane.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:00 am

Thanks for the input...still hoping something will open up on UA but otherwise the choice seems to be between LOT or TAP to TXL. Sounds as though the connection might be easier in WAW than LIS?
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I enjoyed my PY flight with LOT, the food is by Do&Co, which is quite good. As mentioned above though, the J seats have next to no privacy.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by freestay
Thanks for the input...still hoping something will open up on UA but otherwise the choice seems to be between LOT or TAP to TXL. Sounds as though the connection might be easier in WAW than LIS?
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I enjoyed my PY flight with LOT, the food is by Do&Co, which is quite good. As mentioned above though, the J seats have next to no privacy.
I have no issues with flying LOT. You need to reset your expectations a little - LOT is really very bad on the ground. The website is hard to use, phone agents usually mean a long wait listening to endless waltzes (causing an ear worm). At the airport expect the gate area to be chaotic at best, but on board everything is normal.

I've never had grumpy immigration staff at WAW - mostly they just take and stamp your passport.

WAW is a dream airport for transfers - very compact and organized.

The food is OK, but Do&Co is sort of meaningless - they're decent but they'll prepare whatever food the airline wants according to their specifications and how much they're willing to spend.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
I have no issues with flying LOT. You need to reset your expectations a little - LOT is really very bad on the ground. The website is hard to use, phone agents usually mean a long wait listening to endless waltzes (causing an ear worm). At the airport expect the gate area to be chaotic at best, but on board everything is normal.
Not to mention that you have to call to get seat assignments, even in J/C. I found this out as I have an award booked for April IST-BUD-ORD-DEN with BUD-ORD on LO in C.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by tods27
Not to mention that you have to call to get seat assignments, even in J/C. I found this out as I have an award booked for April IST-BUD-ORD-DEN with BUD-ORD on LO in C.
I had a J flight booked on LOT (through Aeroplan Miles) and they're quite good on Facebook messenger. Never waited more than 5 minutes for a response and was able to book my family into the seats we wanted.

Consult EF beforehand to see which seats are empty.

Overall, their 787 experience is what you'd expect from that kind of configuration. Not great for privacy and no direct aisle access for every seat but excellent for sleeping en-route to Europe.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tods27
recently, I’ve had good luck with their chat option.

You can enter passport into via LH but I’ll see in a week whether it actually stuck.

Bottom line for me: LOT takes a bit of work but for 1/4 of what UA is charging I can’t complain.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by milepig

recently, I’ve had good luck with their chat option.

You can enter passport into via LH but I’ll see in a week whether it actually stuck.

Bottom line for me: LOT takes a bit of work but for 1/4 of what UA is charging I can’t complain.
Facebook Messenger Chat worked well for me as well to get seats selected.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:50 am

I saw 2 J award seats on united but lifemiles show nothing. Phantom? I would rather not transfer UR until I know for sure I could book those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.