Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:34 pm

Question UA3808 EWR-ROC Mon 12 Jun 17 - Return

Does anybody know why UA3808 returned to EWR with ARFF rolling out to meet it, before taxing back to the gate and doing an equipment swap on Monday, 12 June 2017?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...750Z/KEWR/KEWR

I've been checking Av Herald, but as of yet, nothing's been posted.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:42 am

Non emergency air return due to bleed 2 leak. Swap equipment and continue.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
6/14/17: UA 768 SFO-BOS 77G delayed 3.25 hours due to MX, resulting in UA 2400 BOS-SFO 77G delayed by a similar time, getting back to SFO at almost 1am (vs. a 9:50pm arrival). I've been watching these flights closely as I'm booked on UA 2400 next week.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
4 hours EWR-RDU

One of those days......

Delayed ewr-Rdu. Slammed runway. Now in holding pen for 1:10 and counting (no idea at all when we can move) until "ATC moves all of the planes in our way".

To top it off, no snack basket in F. (uax)
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: 1K---2,909,450 BIS miles
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
To top it off, no snack basket in F. (uax)
Write-em up!!!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ouch... out of the 5 nonstop PHX-ORD flights today, 2 had MX. Both A319s. 248 cancelled after hours of delay. 2000 is on its way and estimated to be 6h15 late.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
UA1863 (LAX-SFO) lands nearly 20+ minutes early and now are being told the gate we are supposed to pull into has an aircraft that isn't scheduled to push until after our originally scheduled arrival. Great job turning what should have been a great experience for everyone into one where all people will remember is being parked off to the side for 30 minutes.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
UA1863 (LAX-SFO) lands nearly 20+ minutes early and now are being told the gate we are supposed to pull into has an aircraft that isn't scheduled to push until after our originally scheduled arrival. Great job turning what should have been a great experience for everyone into one where all people will remember is being parked off to the side for 30 minutes.
Why didn't you take the UA414 (789 AC) that flew at 7 AM? That sounded more funner (and a very easy upgrade). And yes, your flight was 30 minutes late in getting to the gate.

David
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Why didn't you take the UA414 (789 AC) that flew at 7 AM? That sounded more funner (and a very easy upgrade). And yes, your flight was 30 minutes late in getting to the gate.

David
I thought about that briefly, but I didn't want to wake up that early I was also flying the 77W from SFO-EWR and didn't have any interest in a 3-hour layover in SFO.

In the end, the total wait time once we were down was 45 minutes. The FAs had to continually remind people to sit down...another bad effect of this (people were clearly antsy by the end). Again - stupid way to ruin what was a great flight until then (we had departed 9 minutes early from LAX).
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA484 yesterday. Major screw-up IAD-IAH.
First they close the door on time. Then we stand for 10+ mins at the gate, the captain comes out, talks to the FAs ... they attach the jetbridge again ... to get a jumpseater on board! Then an epic argument ensues between the GA and the FAs on who screwed up After a while the captain came out, told them to knock it off and that he wanted to leave now.
So we leave 1/2 hr late with the captain apologizing over the PA 'this is not how we do business at UA'.
Then ... business like UA started with the cockpit door failing ... returning to the gate for maintenance!
Then we left again ... now 95 mins late due to maintenance and the FA coming around personally to each of us in 'Polaris' apologizing 'that we had to witness the issues at the gate'.
We ended up 70 mins late in IAH where I was near certain I missed my 63 min connection to FRA ... except ... LH waited for me!!! The GA called the plane 'our missing F pax is here' and the purser said 'we knew you were late'. Wow ... LH saving the day once again ... UA ... epic fail once again
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by cfischer
UA484 yesterday. Major screw-up IAD-IAH.
First they close the door on time. Then we stand for 10+ mins at the gate, the captain comes out, talks to the FAs ... they attach the jetbridge again ... to get a jumpseater on board! Then an epic argument ensues between the GA and the FAs on who screwed up After a while the captain came out, told them to knock it off and that he wanted to leave now.
So we leave 1/2 hr late with the captain apologizing over the PA 'this is not how we do business at UA'.
Then ... business like UA started with the cockpit door failing ... returning to the gate for maintenance!
Then we left again ... now 95 mins late due to maintenance and the FA coming around personally to each of us in 'Polaris' apologizing 'that we had to witness the issues at the gate'.
We ended up 70 mins late in IAH where I was near certain I missed my 63 min connection to FRA ... except ... LH waited for me!!! The GA called the plane 'our missing F pax is here' and the purser said 'we knew you were late'. Wow ... LH saving the day once again ... UA ... epic fail once again
Nothing surprises me anymore, I must say.

At least the captain was communicating with you. On my DEN-STL the other night, door closed up on time and the flight posted as "departed gate on time" on the app, but we sat for 30 minutes... no communication. There was no communication whatsoever even after that. We took off and arrived 20 minutes late. After the fact, there was no reason even posted for the late arrival. Most days, I wouldn't care, but when arriving late at night, I hate delays like this.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Even after our interchange this weekend, I completely forgot about UA1863 - and then booked a flight through SFO for July 5th for 8:30am: of course on UA1863. Already upgraded into F but, given its non-time performance, I should move to a different flight.

David
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
UA662 SFO-MSP was cancelled 6 hours before departure this morning due to maintenance. Going out tomorrow instead. Annoying but happy I woke up early and was able to rebook in F.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by demkr
UA662 SFO-MSP was cancelled 6 hours before departure this morning due to maintenance. Going out tomorrow instead. Annoying but happy I woke up early and was able to rebook in F.
DL has F availability today on multiple flights SFO-MSP.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Kacee
DL has F availability today on multiple flights SFO-MSP.
Yeah I thought about asking for that but wasn't feeling 100% today. Better to get an extra day to relax anyway!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.