Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DELee
And finally, what UA continues to sell for the last seat at a P fare:

FWIW.

David

p.s. Decided to sit on my wallet and not purchase the upgrade. Instrument will return once more.
Is that last-seat R space with 21 revenue pax on the upgrade list? Wow.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
LAX - BOS 7/5, L fare, $309 after purchase, and still $309 in my reservation when reviewing it now. Declined.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

ORD-TPA 2 PAX booked in S (o/w Fare was $67 each)
Offer: $139/per PAX to P Class
Accepted

TPA-IAD 2 PAX booked in Q
Offer: $1,179/Per PAX to A Class
Declined - Requested Upgrade via RPU. Flight on July 2 Still waiting to clear

IAD-TPA 2 PAX booked in Q
Offer: $139/Per Pax to P Class
Accepted

SRQ-ORD 1 PAX booked in K
Offer: $169 to P Class
Accepted

ORD-RSW 1 PAX booked in T
Offer: $149 to P Class
Accepted
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
UA selling the last F seat on EWR-LAS at $289...surprising since that is the same price I was offered when I first bought the ticket. Also surprised since they could probably get more for it as well. I declined since I’m flying with a buddy who is a kettle.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: united
LAX-DEN tomorrow morning, $1259 to upgrade. I said no.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by findark
Is that last-seat R space with 21 revenue pax on the upgrade list? Wow.
yup. UA is making far too easy for folks booking late.

David
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:57 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
PHL-IAD (1 hour gate-to-gate), $79.00 with one seat left on the CRJ-700.

Died at #2 on the upgrade list of 33 people (1K on a relatively high fare). Was more than comfy in 7C for this quick up-and-down flight.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by dilanesp
LAX-DEN tomorrow morning, $1259 to upgrade. I said no.
Unless someone caves, my guess is it comes down to around $129 or $119 closer to departure.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:06 am

Happy 1st of July weekend!

Couple of announcements:
  1. The United Upgrade offers spreadsheet has been updated to this point (i.e. from mid-2017 to present)
  2. I'll have less time to commit to FT over the coming months as I'm starting at Masters program in the Fall in the UK. Unless someone PMs me to offer to maintain this spreadsheet it will be updated less regularly
  3. Is there any interest in the following projects:
    • "Importing" additional upgrade offer deals from prior years (i.e. 2016 and 2015)?
    • Tracking J/F availability from OLCI-24 to taxi out on the most popular UA routes (to better strategically determine which routes and schedules to book for getting maximum upgrade magic?)
Safe Travels,

James
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
LAX-DEN UA They offered all three of us $139 last night FYI on the 815am
Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by gpicur
ORD-TPA 2 PAX booked in S (o/w Fare was $67 each)
Offer: $139/per PAX to P Class
Accepted

TPA-IAD 2 PAX booked in Q
Offer: $1,179/Per PAX to A Class
Declined - Requested Upgrade via RPU. Flight on July 2 Still waiting to clear

IAD-TPA 2 PAX booked in Q
Offer: $139/Per Pax to P Class
Accepted

SRQ-ORD 1 PAX booked in K
Offer: $169 to P Class
Accepted

ORD-RSW 1 PAX booked in T
Offer: $149 to P Class
Accepted

For the TPA-IAD flight listed above with an Upgrade Offer at booking and running thru T-25 hours at $1,179 per passenger suddenly dropped to $129 per PAX at 2 minutes before T-24 hours. Pulled the trigger for 2 of us. I can't find the post from the Experts that explain the pricing and volatility of United Upgrade Offers. $1,179 to $129 ?? Really ??
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:28 am

UNITED AIRLINES UPGRADE - how to

Good afternoon All, I don't really post much here but I do hover around reading the great posts that you all post.

I'm flying from Heathrow to Denver tomorrow and coming back to Heathrow on the 6th July.

Sadly I could not afford the $9000 business class seat because of my bad back and was hoping they do a "hey upgrade to business now" like BA do. I know some of you great people work for airlines or have close connections with airlines and was wondering if someone could find out a price for the upgrade for both flights? I booked the trip with Ebookers and they say to "call United Airlines" and United say "call Ebookers as you booked it with them".

I've no idea why both seem to make it difficult to find out.

Kind regards,

Lee

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 2, 2018 at 10:11 am Reason: Innappropriate request removed
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by peehead
Good afternoon All, I don't really post much here but I do hover around reading the great posts that you all post.

I'm flying from Heathrow to Denver tomorrow and coming back to Heathrow on the 6th July.

Sadly I could not afford the $9000 business class seat because of my bad back and was hoping they do a "hey upgrade to business now" like BA do. I know some of you great people work for airlines or have close connections with airlines and was wondering if someone could find out a price for the upgrade for both flights? I booked the trip with Ebookers and they say to "call United Airlines" and United say "call Ebookers as you booked it with them".

I've no idea why both seem to make it difficult to find out.

Kind regards,

Lee
There isn't any magical way of getting into Polaris Business class on UA. At best, you will be offered an upgrade price when you check in. Your flight on 7/3 has only 3 seats left, but I have no idea of what the price (if any) would be.

That said, welcome to Flyertalk! Stick around as there is plenty to learn. Also, your question belongs in the United Airlines Forum, so don't be surprised when its moved to that forum.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 2, 2018 at 10:14 am Reason: quote updated to reflect Moderator edit
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:31 am

I did have a quick look around for somewhere to post it but could find a specific place. TY for the reply.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by peehead
I did have a quick look around for somewhere to post it but could find a specific place. TY for the reply.
The general UA forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...leageplus-681/

With regard to upgrades for cash: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...e-tod-104.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.