Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Is that even possible? If the GA misread it, are they even able to reprice an upgrade to charge so little?
@ICN1K were both segments the same flight number? That might cause the system to hiccup and offer oddly low prices like this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by diburning
Is that even possible? If the GA misread it, are they even able to reprice an upgrade to charge so little?
@ICN1K were both segments the same flight number? That might cause the system to hiccup and offer oddly low prices like this.
Both segments were different flight numbers.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:04 pm

That's amazing. A 1K getting a TOD upgrade!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ruhr
Recently, HNL-SFO US$309 for a lay flat; original fare class S. Too way down (#7 or #8 ) on the upgrade list for a freebie. Declined. If the offer were half that, I'd bite.
That is the consistent price 24 hours from departure - I've yet to see it lower. Fly it 3-4 times a month.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by ICN1K
Booked EWR-LAX in K. Offered $79 to upgrade. Suspiciously accepted.
That price is a real bargain. I hope you had a great flight.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I hope you had a great flight.
I am sure he did!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:22 pm

I asked $79 for the flight from EWR to LAX, right? He said yes but I still asked a second time and he said yes and even let me look at his screen. I gave him my credit card but I still thought it was too good to be true.
Now if it only re-fares to a P fare on your MilagePlus account that'll be icing on the cake (I'm guessing not considering the receipt says PREMIUM CABIN UPGRADE but you never know).
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Now if it only re-fares to a P fare on your MilagePlus account that'll be icing on the cake (I'm guessing not considering the receipt says PREMIUM CABIN UPGRADE but you never know).
EWR-LAX still showed K after the upgrade. LAX-LAS changed to P after the upgrade which allowed me to do SDCs to LAX-SFO-LAX-DEN-SFO-LAS.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
United Express is now flying CRJ 700s on FNT-ORD. Everytime I have done online check-in I am getting TOD between $9 and $29. I will take the offer Everytime as 2 drinks, one pre board and one in air it's almost a wash and sometimes I come out ahead.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
That's amazing. A 1K getting a TOD upgrade!
What is amazing about that? I did get TOD offers on the 4 international flights I took after becoming 1K, even the ones I had instruments applied for the upgrade.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
EWR-LAX still showed K after the upgrade. LAX-LAS changed to P after the upgrade which allowed me to do SDCs to LAX-SFO-LAX-DEN-SFO-LAS.
Wait what. Did you get a BP for a J seat on EWR-LAX? Did you fly in First for the rest? I'm so confused how any of this is possible.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This might be the most amazing detail, actually. Seems like you turned 500 PQM into 6600.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
What is amazing about that? I did get TOD offers on the 4 international flights I took after becoming 1K, even the ones I had instruments applied for the upgrade.
I thought the prevailing sentiment was that United was offering TODs to kettles and not to those with status.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Wait what. Did you get a BP for a J seat on EWR-LAX? Did you fly in First for the rest? I'm so confused how any of this is possible.
Originally Posted by fumje
This might be the most amazing detail, actually. Seems like you turned 500 PQM into 6600.
Yes, I was in business on EWR-LAX even though the receipt still shows K. I was in P for the rest of flights to LAS. Once I got to LAX I changed to LAX-SFO-LAS. Once I got to SFO I changed to SFO-LAX-LAS and so on.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I thought the prevailing sentiment was that United was offering TODs to kettles and not to those with status.
I see. I did not know that. I'll see if I keep getting TODs. Three of the TODs I got were for Economy to Polaris Business. One was for Polaris Business to Polaris First after my GPU to Business had already cleared. My Platinum wife also gets TODs. Out of the 4 flights, she did not get it one time because Polaris Business was sold out. Three out of four is not bad. We tend to do the check-in exactly when the system allows us to do it (24 hours before our first flight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.