Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
RDU-IAD-MCO
T Fare
No Status
At Online Check In:
- $79 for RDU-IAD (1 Seat Left, Upgrade List of 3)
- $119 for IAD-MCO (2 Seats Left, Upgrade List of 11)
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CMK10
RDU-IAD-MCO
T Fare
No Status
At Online Check In:
- $79 for RDU-IAD (1 Seat Left, Upgrade List of 3)
- $119 for IAD-MCO (2 Seats Left, Upgrade List of 11)
Buy or no buy?

David
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Buy or no buy?

David
No buy. Not worth it at those prices, though IAD-MCO wasn't awful. $79 for RDU-IAD is pretty pathetic, especially when I see $49 for EWR-RDU a lot.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:35 pm

YYZ-ORD-HNL entirely on UA metal.

YYZ-ORD - $109 USD at T-24 declined, will try my hand at the CPU lottery (2 seats left)
ORD-HNL - $509 USD at T-24 accepted as there was only one seat left per ExpertFlyer,

Buy up got as low as $925 CAD

I’m guessing $509 is a good deal considering it is a 9 hr 30 min flight and it has Polaris lie flats?

On a side note, would be nice if we could get a table with origin, destination, date and time of offer to easily make these determinations.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat
I just flew EWR > SIN RT using GPUs. I almost pulled the trigger on a $935 kiosk offer for the LAX > SIN segment, but ended up being the last person to clear off the waiting list. On the SIN > LAX return, met a fellow flyertalker who pulled the trigger on a $600 kiosk offer - a steal for 15 hours in Polaris.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
PDX-ORD-199 1 seat left
ORD-ROC -119 1 seat left

not going to do it. was able to snag 1 of 2 aisle seats left in economy plus right at t-24. for PDX-ORD (and ORD-ROC exit aisle) #silvergambling . If I wouldn't have gotten the PDX-ORD seat I'd probably think about the upgrade.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by j2simpso

I’m guessing $509 is a good deal considering it is a 9 hr 30 min flight and it has Polaris lie flats?

I would find a nearly 10 hour flight with flatbeds pretty temping for $500
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Decent, although YYZ-HNL for ca. $1,200 r/t a/i has been a thing for quite a while.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
YYZ-ORD-HNL entirely on UA metal.

YYZ-ORD - $109 USD at T-24 declined, will try my hand at the CPU lottery (2 seats left)
ORD-HNL - $509 USD at T-24 accepted as there was only one seat left per ExpertFlyer,

Buy up got as low as $925 CAD

On a side note, would be nice if we could get a table with origin, destination, date and time of offer to easily make these determinations.
if you are getting polaris lie flat for 500$ more that is a deal.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nmenaker
if you are getting polaris lie flat for 500$ more that is a deal.
It is lie-flat but not polaris lie-flat (neither the polaris seat nor the polaris service)
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:17 am

No Polaris but Good Service Overall

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It is lie-flat but not polaris lie-flat (neither the polaris seat nor the polaris service)
You're probably right on that one. I thought it was Polaris given the length of time and the fact it was lie flat. Looks like BF lie flat (with Saks 5th Ave pillow and comforter). That being said, service on route was pretty good was served two meals (or a meal and a snack depending on how your count it): a breakfast consisting of crepes, fresh fruit and yogurt and the second meal (45 min prior to landing) was a chicken sandwich. Worth the upgrade price IMHO given you'd easily be spending $25 on meals in Y for the 9 1/2 hour flight. When I bought the upgrade the fare code changed to P, so fingers crossed that I get P credit (instead of the G booked) for PQM to get closer to Platinum (could care less about PQD since I'm in Canada).
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
If its a good deal to you thats all that matters. I prefer flying private jets as a luxury.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
Best offer I've seen yet!!

ORD-PDX $1406. I checked twice just make sure that is what they were offering.

I quickly purchased, since who would pass up the honor of paying 3.5x what it costs if you just buy the fare normally.

I figure if I order a drink a minute I'll break even.

Last edited by pfpdx; Dec 10, 2017 at 9:13 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Crazy. Who programs these deals? Has anyone in history chosen to buy up for 3 times the price shown mere moments earlier during booking?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:23 pm

Just thought I'd shamelessly plug the United Upgrade offers spreadsheet I've put together over the past couple of weeks - further details can be found here : United Upgrade Offers Spreadsheet

In addition, here are some more data points on UA upgrade offers for myself and some of my colleagues from earlier this year:

Fri Feb 3 : SFO -> AKL (UA Plat) MUA applied for self + 1 (30,000 points + $300 copay/person) accepted T-48. Y -> J (unsure of exact fare class for Y).

Sun Feb 12 : AKL -> SFO (UA Gold) MUA applied for self + 1 (30,000 points + $300 copay/person), not accepted. Split PNR at T-36 and keep MUA for self. At T-24 upgrade offer not accepted but was given offer to J for $900 which was accepted (unsure of exact fare class for Y)

Fri Aug 18 : SYD -> SFO (UA Gold) offered upgrade at T-24 of $1,700 which was accepted. Y -> J (unsure of exact fare class for Y)

Wed Dec 13 : HNL -> YYZ (via ORD) (UA Gold) going from G to P. Current buy up offer is $1,766 CAD which I won't take. Hopefully some additional F space opens up and/or I get another nice OLCI offer like last time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.