Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by transportprof
How hot is it in GDL? Some planes don't do so well in very high heat.
GDL is approx. 5,000 feet above sea level. Today the temperature was overcast (high clouds) and temps around 75F or so with light winds. Made it back to Houston. Only took 11 hours to get to the airport wait on the ten plus separate delays on the flight, get moved to the bus gates, take the less than 2 hour flight and get home.

It would be interesting to see what happened to the first plane scheduled to fly that route. I've never had THREE mx's on the same flight (or at least noticed it) within a 3 hour window.

But the mx problem is so bad now, I'm wondering if there's some sort of labor beef going on. I would have understood weather out of IAH today, but 3 mxs today on top of two mxs on my last intl flight out of IAH last month?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Sunday night's IAH-South America bank was all screwed up due to weather. Can't figure out why IAH-GRU/EZE cancelled (delayed until the next day) whereas SCL/GIG both left after the weather passed.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
UA 545 YVR-DEN on July 10: 9 hours, 12 minutes late
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yesterday

UA952 ORD-MUC 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA970 ORD-FCO 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
yesterday

UA952 ORD-MUC 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA970 ORD-FCO 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
For every action there's an opposite and equal reaction

UA953 MUC-ORD and UA971 FCO-ORD canceled.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
SFO-HKG (896) 1 hr currently and moving. Flight landed at 1140am from EWR and according to GFL agents "can't make it to gate 96!" SO we wait.p

Last edited by PhillyPhlyer40; Jul 12, 2017 at 3:45 pm Reason: Wrong segment.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
SFO-CDG (896) 1 hr currently and moving. Flight landed at 1140am from EWR and according to GFL agents "can't make it to gate 96!" SO we wait.
UA896 is SIN-HKG-ORD.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by worldtrav
UA896 is SIN-HKG-ORD.
Oops. CDG. LHR. HKG. SIN. and one other were all delayed significantly. I was too lazy to post the others, and when posting 896 was listening to the agent talk about CDG.

Now posted as 3pm.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Ouch, good luck! Please give us an update when you can!
Hi kirkwoodj! Sorry, forgot to come back to this thread.

I think we finally departed from PVG around 1900-1930. The crew would've timed out by a 1900 departure. Many pax were complaining "why can't they just fly us to ORD, it's just a few hours more". We know what happens to truck drivers who doze off on the highway because they've been driving for too many hours, I don't want anything like that happening on a plane I'm on.

We landed at SFO at around 1530 and were informed that we are taking on a new crew and extra fuel, should be 45 mins and scheduled to take off again at 1620. Well, we didn't. We didn't move again till around 1700 (my estimate, it was certainly nowhere near 1620), taxied out, then informed that there was a weight discrepancy and we had to go back to the gate to take on more fuel. Not sure how we ended up with weight discrepancies since no one got on or off the plane, other than change of crew and catering loaded.

Finally got out of SFO around 1900, and landed at ORD close to 0000. The original flight would've landed at 1600. We were told that UA would have hotel vouchers and rebookings ready when we deplaned. I was in 3rd row of E+, I have Global Entry, no checked luggage and practically flew (figuratively) out of immigration, glanced at the baggage belt and there was no one there, continued out to a completely UA re-check area, and then out to arrivals, still no one.

BTW UA gave us a paltry 200 USD e-voucher for the delay. :thumbs down: Those who had UA FFP accounts were offered that or 10000 miles. Eh really?! It cost me 250 USD to change my MTY-DFW-PVG ticket for the next day... (don't ask, I wasn't the one who booked the tickets)

I was probably one of the first out - I beat even some pax in J. I saw from the UA app before deplaning that they had already rebooked me to the ORD-MTY the next morning at 0824 so I knew I wouldn't have long in the hotel, and wanted to maximise my hotel time to sleep. There were also a few more pax who exited shortly after me and they didn't see any UA reps either. Finally luckily a UA rep came looking for us outside and then went back in to get our hotel vouchers and new BPs.

Funny, I got the Hyatt Rosemont with 2 unrestricted taxi vouchers (and also 20 USD of food vouchers) whereas the other J pax beside me got hotels like Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn with taxi vouchers that restricted them to using only 1 particular taxi company?

So, bottom line, I got to ORD 8 hours late, and finally to MTY about 12 hours late!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Ua837 delayed for a few hours now. Problem with a radio and now taking a long time to get FAA approval to fly as such.

Going to be fun in NRT for us people getting on a connecting flight.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:21 pm

And the pilots of 837 timed out. Going back to gate for new crew. No gate so we are parked with engines down to not 'pollute'.

AAAAAAARRRGGGHH!!!!!!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by piemel
And the pilots of 837 timed out. Going back to gate for new crew. No gate so we are parked with engines down to not 'pollute'.

AAAAAAARRRGGGHH!!!!!!
Pretty sad. Looking at the seat map, looks like that's a new fancy 773 with the Polaris seats.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:35 pm

And now delayed for new flight tmrw 7:30 AM
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could be worse. You could be stuck at EWR!
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: None anymore

AAAAAAARRRGGGHH!!!!!!
Isn't it hot???? In the middle of summer?

Wow, 20 hour delay....... Hope you get a hotel voucher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.