Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)

Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by big V
UA 82, EWR-DEL was cancelled on July 1. Mechanical.
aren't you happy you re-routed and flew on a decent airline
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cfischer
aren't you happy you re-routed and flew on a decent airline
What was the alternate itinerary?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
What was the alternate itinerary?
Originally Posted by big v
Success!!

Thanks to an absolutely unflappable United Club agent and dynamic inventory, I was able to get the last biz seat on LH to DEL, so I will be on my way through FRA.

I have never seen things so tight -- neither had this second agent who spent another good 30 min with my while about 20 people lined up behind me. Bless her, she had nerves of steel. My travel agent also looked through all of the Etihad and Qatar flights, and no availability. It is a crazy travel weekend!!

May the upgrade gods be ever in your favor, and IRROPS results in better flights with more PQMs and RDMs and even nicer planes.
I think the threads got merged or something, but this was the reply from the pre merged thread on his re route
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I think the threads got merged or something, but this was the reply from the pre merged thread on his re route
Thanks! (I did look upthread, I promise! )
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thanks! (I did look upthread, I promise! )
I had to manually C/P from the other thread, not sure how it sorta half merged.....

I was involved in that thread so I knew what the answer was, just had to find it....I scrolled back thru this one as well.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
931 ORD-LHR DELAYED 4 hours plus. 6:20 now 10:30. Listed as mechanical. Oddly, the inbound is showing on time and in flight, so must not be bad enough to not continue inbound flight.

I missed a bullet, I'm on the 3:50 and tried to switch to have more time at a holiday BBQ. Glad now that it didn't go through!!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Was flying out of HKG today 2 July and noticed that UA896 to ORD was delayed for around 4.5 hours and had to divert to SFO first (probably due to crew duty time given the lengthy delay) before heading onto ORD. Original aircraft was N793UA but then they switched to N224UA which had come in on time from SIN that morning...
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
7/4 UA40 EWR-FCO 764 delayed 4 hours due to aircraft maintenance
7/5 UA41 FCO-EWR 764 delayed 3 hours due to late inbound

7/4 UA64 EWR-LIS 763 delayed 2h30 due to aircraft maintenance
7/5 UA65 LIS-EWR 763 delayed 2 hours due to late inbound

7/5 UA963 TXL-EWR 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
7/8 UA836 PVG-ORD delayed due to mechanical problem and crew is timing out so when we finally take off (they have to take off in 20 mins from now otherwise we will be cancelled) we will fly to SFO instead.

I'm on the flight... original ETD 1500, now it's 1840. Scheduled to land at SFO at 1735. We still don't know if we will connect to different flights (to everyone's final destinations) at SFO, or we will all stay on the plane (and they swap in a new crew) and we continue flying to ORD.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:11 am

UA892 ICN-SFO July 8 canceled.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by ellyse
7/8 UA836 PVG-ORD delayed due to mechanical problem and crew is timing out so when we finally take off (they have to take off in 20 mins from now otherwise we will be cancelled) we will fly to SFO instead.

I'm on the flight... original ETD 1500, now it's 1840. Scheduled to land at SFO at 1735. We still don't know if we will connect to different flights (to everyone's final destinations) at SFO, or we will all stay on the plane (and they swap in a new crew) and we continue flying to ORD.
Ouch, good luck! Please give us an update when you can!
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by worldtrav
UA892 ICN-SFO July 8 canceled.
Does this mean there will be a recovery flight on July 9? Two UA747's at the same time at ICN?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Does UA just randomly assign delay reason now?

Flying UA 1612 ord sfo June 8, delayed for 29 min, but the delay reason is 'late inbound aircraft'. However the inbound aircraft ua1013 is arriving 1 min early.

Ua1013 was assigned as the inbound flight at least 5 hrs before the departure time , at that time there was a nonsense time listed with inbound arriving at 10:30pm and outbound departing at 10:50pm.

Isn't this due to an aircraft swap or some type scheduling issue? I don't see how it relates to a late inbounding flight. Any idea ?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by beepyou
Isn't this due to an aircraft swap or some type scheduling issue? I don't see how it relates to a late inbounding flight. Any idea ?
If the new frame assignment, even if it never could have made it out on time, is scheduled inbound such that you are delayed, this is the listed reason.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
Yesterday UA 961 FRA-EWR was delayed and arrived 4 hours and 1 minute late due to mechanical issues. What is the process/people's experience with getting the Euro 600 from United?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.