Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Feb 7
Well at least I'm switching back to TPAC next month. Gonna chow down at LHR GFL pre-flight on the way back next week.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Bummer, at least the old eternal menus would rotate each month.
And I'm not saying that it won't change either. Perhaps they are doing this to work out FA consistency and delivery so they at least are familiar with the product plating/delivery etc?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
And I'm not saying that it won't change either. Perhaps they are doing this to work out FA consistency and delivery so they at least are familiar with the product plating/delivery etc?
Fair point. Seeing is believing.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:13 pm

Nothing has changed and regardless if i ask for "perch" or "turbot" they still don't know what
I am talking about. Only when I say "fish" do we connect. Likewise I gave up on "San Pellegrino"
and just say "the green bottle". Wish they had Perrier, maybe that would be easier. "LeCroix" they
understand but that's not available anymore Internationally, just Seagrams. But they try and that's
all I can ask for.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The FA last night had no clue about the wine offerings. My seat mate asked for the Cab and had to point to the menu, which he took to the galley to inspect before returning to pour the glass. When it came to my turn, I asked for the Sauv Blanc and this so flummoxed him that he poured me first a Chenin Blanc which I rejected, then showed me the Chardonnay before finally reaching for the Sauv.

Fair enough that they are not wine experts but a little briefing might be an idea.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: BA EC gold UA gold—MM Hilton Diamond Hertz Presidents Circle
Feb polaris Business wine list

I notice champagne selection now says "ask fa". i did and got given Chardonnay!!
Eventually a glass of champagne was produced but as it was time for sleep I did not bother to find out what was being served.😳
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by cheltenhamflyer
I notice champagne selection now says "ask fa". i did and got given Chardonnay!!
Eventually a glass of champagne was produced but as it was time for sleep I did not bother to find out what was being served.��
Bloody hell. Can't wait for tomorrow's flight
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I have also have noticed this happening in early Jan 2017.

No proper champagne - and less of it.

Bloody hell. Can't wait for tomorrow's flight
Originally Posted by cheltenhamflyer
Eventually a glass of champagne was produced but as it was time for sleep I did not bother to find out what was being served.😳
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:43 am

Add another vote for the Asian Chicken Soup. Powerful flavor.

And the Porcini Mushroom Pasta was also incredibly flavorful. Hard to get pasta texture right in airplane food, but the filling and sauce was restaurant quality.

Really well done on those two dishes.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
LHR-LAX sUA 777 9:20am Feb

The insert about the menu change was printed on just as heavy cardstock as the rest of the menus.

The salmon was good, made me think of the balik salmon on LX F. I could have done without the grains, the texture took away from the smooth/silkyness of the fish. Salad was good but don't need cranberry dressing AND cranberries in the same dish.

Aside from the chicken being a tiny bit dry this was a knock out. Easily could have been delivery from the places I'd order in NY. Really good flavor, the saag was wonderful. If this and the Asian Fusion Chicken Noodle soup were both on the menu it would be like having to decide on which child is your favorite one.

Skipped the sundae but again got one of the little lemon cups and this time they also had macaroons available.

I could smell some people getting the tomato soup and it made me think about ordering it which is probably a good sign. I just had a few snacks instead since in about an hour they'd be serving breakfast.

Ehhhhh it was okay to pick at. The plate with the pickles, cauliflower, kalmata olives and the melon and cheese sometimes were all getting over powered by the vinegar/acidity. Salami was good, prosciutto seemed saltier than it should be.
No one in my area had the chicken so can't comment on what it looked like.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Good to see a copy editor intervened and they have done away with the Chicken Tikka Marsala
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Disappointing to already see "enhancements" on the menus by not listing specific Champagnes or the specific desserts, as they did back in December.

Is the Champagne still Joseph Perrier NV?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
Disappointing to already see "enhancements" on the menus by not listing specific Champagnes or the specific desserts, as they did back in December.

Is the Champagne still Joseph Perrier NV?
I believe that was the champagne.

Honestly I could care less about them listing specific deserts. I would rather them keep the things rotating and bring out the desert tower as they did on the flights.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:41 pm

Only change on ex-LHR menu was sauce on chicken pre-arrival selection.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Only change on ex-LHR menu was sauce on chicken pre-arrival selection.
Same ex-FRA. And carrots instead of cous cous.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.