Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
I flew ORD-FRA on 1/29 and had the "Asian Fusion Chicken Noodle Soup" entree (forgot exact name as it was a few days ago). As others have said, I found it *incredibly* good. It is on the spicy side, but I think that's needed at 33,000 feet. I found myself scraping the bottom of the bowl for one last bite.

If you see this dish on your Polaris menu, order it without hesitation.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by rflor
I flew ORD-FRA on 1/29 and had the "Asian Fusion Chicken Noodle Soup" entree (forgot exact name as it was a few days ago). As others have said, I found it *incredibly* good. It is on the spicy side, but I think that's needed at 33,000 feet. I found myself scraping the bottom of the bowl for one last bite.

+1,000,000. I was skipping the meal on IAH-LHR last week but since I'd gone thru the whole menu already (not counting the shrimp salad), I advised my neighbour to have it, she was very grateful.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club

+1. Just flew ORD-NRT-ORD, last week, and had the "Asian Fusion Chicken Noodle Soup" and it was delicious. Right amount of spice for a flight. Glad to try something different for once. Presentation was also very good on both flights.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Any pics of the AFCNS?
Noticeable chunks of chicken in it? Is it broth or thicker? Flying IAH-LHR next week as Kirkwoodj mentioned it was on it.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Any pics of the AFCNS?
Noticeable chunks of chicken in it? Is it broth or thicker? Flying IAH-LHR next week as Kirkwoodj mentioned it was on it.
On this page.2016 Let's Eat - International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business Though I posted a pic too, can't find it. Hirohito88 does it some justice
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
On this page.2016 Let's Eat - International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business Though I posted a pic too, can't find it. Hirohito88 does it some justice
Looks good and right up my alley. Probably something I would have not ordered sight unseen.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Any pics of the AFCNS?
Attached Images  
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Here's a pic of the Asian Chicken Fusion Soup (Thai-style coconut ginger cream, Korean-inspired chicken, udon noodles) from my SFO-HKG flight.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Here's a pic of the Asian Chicken Fusion Soup (Thai-style coconut ginger cream, Korean-inspired chicken, udon noodles) from my SFO-HKG flight.
Would you describe as more of a curry or a broth?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by findark
Would you describe as more of a curry or a broth?
More of a curry, with a creamy texture.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA98
LAX-MEL

Boeing 787-9
Meal: Dinner, Breakfast

I picked the Asian Fusion Chicken soup again, although the menu says "Korea-inspired chicken"...whatever that means, they were just chicken thighs

Skipped cheese and sundae

Went for the trio of small desserts, which is a nice choice, having just eaten a sundae from my p.s. EWR-LAX flight
Attached Images       

Last edited by hirohito888; Feb 6, 2017 at 5:14 am Reason: blocked photos removed; edited links; attached photos
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC

An FA told me (I know, I know) that this has been increasing in popularity on his flights. That worries me, because if it's on the menu, I'm ordering it, and I don't want there to be a risk of it running out. I don't eat much pasta/noodles/rice (I like to get my carbs from dessert) but I don't leave a drop of this behind.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:00 pm

The Asian Fusion Chicken Soup is amazing.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Thanks Hirohito! I'm on that flight on Wednesday. Hate mushrooms which are in 3 of the 4 entrees. HOPE I can score some of the soup. Had it on the way to Dublin last month. It was excellent. Otherwise will fill up on grilled cheese and tomato soup midflight. Thanks again for posting!
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA ,Qantas ,Southwest

I have eaten this a couple of times and agree it is a nice main, I found though that the portion sizes I got were pretty small which on TPAC can leave you wanting a little.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.