Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

2017 Let's Eat - Polaris First & Polaris Business

Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA961
FRA-EWR

Boeing 777-200 (3-class)
Meal: Lunch, Pre-arrival snack

Menu is same as JVPhoto's LHR-LAX (posted above).

Main - Salmon, wasn't very flavorful, healthy tasting I guess.

Pre-arrival - big piece of chicken breast, also wasn't very flavorful.
Attached Images      
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I had the ravioli--all I could taste was lemon
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I realize UA has no immediate plans to match AA's "order before you board" approach, but couldn't they by now have figured out how to post the menus ahead of time (like PMCO did)? I have a mixed LH/UA trip coming up, and I received an email from LH with the itinerary and a link to the menu for each of the LH-operated flights.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I realize UA has no immediate plans to match AA's "order before you board" approach, but couldn't they by now have figured out how to post the menus ahead of time (like PMCO did)? I have a mixed LH/UA trip coming up, and I received an email from LH with the itinerary and a link to the menu for each of the LH-operated flights.
This was one of my favorite parts about flying CO BusinessFirst. Knowing what's being offered ahead of time benefits the passengers as they know what to expect. If there's nothing on the menu that they want they can get something in the terminal instead. Not knowing and then learning that you'll have to stomach something on the menu only leads to dissatisfaction. I know that their can be a catering issue and what's listed online isn't available on that particular flight but I'd consider those instances outliers.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mgobluetex
This was one of my favorite parts about flying CO BusinessFirst. Knowing what's being offered ahead of time benefits the passengers as they know what to expect. If there's nothing on the menu that they want they can get something in the terminal instead. Not knowing and then learning that you'll have to stomach something on the menu only leads to dissatisfaction. I know that their can be a catering issue and what's listed online isn't available on that particular flight but I'd consider those instances outliers.
Well the way things have been going the past 3 months....nothing really has changed so the chances of not knowing what's being offered is less likely to happen.

That being said....its possible once they finalize the menus the rest of the year they might either post menus or offer the pre-booking option.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:49 pm

Amazingly this doesn't look too bad and quite different to the Asian menu. I am always
thrown back when my requests for turbot or perch were returned with "what's that", "huh",
"one more time" before I changes and said "fish", which finally was understood.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Amazingly this doesn't look too bad and quite different to the Asian menu. I am always
thrown back when my requests for turbot or perch were returned with "what's that", "huh",
"one more time" before I changes and said "fish", which finally was understood.
Shows lack of training/prep for flight. Do the FAs not study what is on the menu before they serve?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Explorer789
Shows lack of training/prep for flight. Do the FAs not study what is on the menu before they serve?
May want to ask someone like JOSECONLSCREW28 as to what the training is.

David
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
SFO-TPE in Polaris Business on 15 Feb. The usual except I don't think I've seen pics yet of the Lion's Head meatballs entree. Gives the Thai Fusion Chicken Soup (also on the menu) a run for its money. Pic below.

Return in about an hour in GF but alas the cabin went from 3/12 to full overnight, thanks to non-revs. [sigh]
Attached Images  
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by st530
SFO-TPE in Polaris Business on 15 Feb. The usual except I don't think I've seen pics yet of the Lion's Head meatballs entree. Gives the Thai Fusion Chicken Soup (also on the menu) a run for its money. Pic below.

Return in about an hour in GF but alas the cabin went from 3/12 to full overnight, thanks to non-revs. [sigh]
I had seen the lion head entree on a number of flights and have not given it a thought. Thanks to your review, I will give it a try next time.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by st530

Looks great.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Just flew ORD-PEK in Polaris:
Appetizer was a shrimp dish along with a salad, shrimp was good but the salad dressing tasted pretty much like pure olive oil.

Had the Braised Beef main, which was excellent.

Sundae for desert.

Breakfast was some sort of omelette, tasted good but was nothing special.

Bonus Eggs Benedict from the Polaris lounge!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Am I the only person who has been using that olive oil and balsamic bottle as dip for my bread rather than putting it on the salad? Pour onto bread plate, add a little pepper, and assuming you have a fairly flat tray table, good to go. I assumed that was what it was intended for - but then I don't mind my salads dry.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Agremeister
Just flew ORD-PEK in Polaris:
Appetizer was a shrimp dish along with a salad, shrimp was good but the salad dressing tasted pretty much like pure olive oil.
you don't happen to have a menu from that flight that you could post, do you? My family is making that trip Wednesday.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cricketer
Am I the only person who has been using that olive oil and balsamic bottle as dip for my bread rather than putting it on the salad? Pour onto bread plate, add a little pepper, and assuming you have a fairly flat tray table, good to go. I assumed that was what it was intended for - but then I don't mind my salads dry.
Good call! I always thought it was a rather silly accompaniment for some of the salads.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.