Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-SFO 6 Oct 630 pm departure 738

Nuts still served.

Attachment 41889

Pizza as the main. (Other choice was a cold salad with chicken.) I assume this is more or less the same as the Uno Y pizza? Didn't have much flavor.

Attachment 41890
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by st530
Nuts still served.

Attachment 41889

Pizza as the main. (Other choice was a cold salad with chicken.) I assume this is more or less the same as the Uno Y pizza? Didn't have much flavor.

Attachment 41890
Pic links not operative.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Pic links not operative.
Weird. They work for me. Here's a re-try:

Name:  IAH-SFO-PDB.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  493.9 KB

Name:  IAH-SFO-Main.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  573.1 KB
jazzhou likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
How was the pizza?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
looks like the same pizza sold in the economy cabin for $9.99. Perhaps, the presentation is slightly improved. Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
How was the pizza?
Rather bland.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
I cannot believe they are serving Economy pizza in First Class on a 4+ hour flight. Also, before the cuts, this would have been a gelato dessert service.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:58 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
LGA-IAH 10/16 10:30am departure, lunch flight

Options were a salad with grilled chicken or a burger. Didn't see the burger but the salad was ok, good amount of chicken came with it. There were also nuts served, and the dessert was a piece of cheesecake.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Nuts still served.

Pizza! Meal looks good.

Originally Posted by rch4u
I cannot believe they are serving Economy pizza in First Class on a 4+ hour flight. Also, before the cuts, this would have been a gelato dessert service.
I can't believe it either, and that's in a good way. Would love to have this option.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
In 2014/2015 or so, when UA first started to roll out some catering improvements, the hot sandwiches served on many FC meal flights were pretty much the same thing as the BOB selection (just different rotation).

I don't mind it, as long as the food is of reasonably good quality. It's no secret that sometimes the Y a la carte items are more desirable than what's offered up front, especially lately.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
SFO-PDX - Muffin
PDX-SFO - Snack basket

I would have rather had the snack basket than simple carbs and sugar at 7:30am.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
SFO-PDX - Muffin
PDX-SFO - Snack basket

I would have rather had the snack basket than simple carbs and sugar at 7:30am.
Quite difficult to avoid carbs and sugar with UA's catering.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by minnyfly
I can't believe it either, and that's in a good way. Would love to have this option.
I'll have to agree with that. It does detract from the F experience, but I'm pretty wowed by the quality of the food offerings in Y.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by minnyfly
LGA-ORD is still listed as an exception route for UA, so it would appear to be a catering mistake not to have a normal meal. Not what you want to base a decision on which carrier to choose. I know I'd rather have UA's mainline aircraft with ovens over the cold meals you often have to settle with on DL's RJs, but to each their own.

DL's portions have gotten comically small. It looks decently-sized in pictures, but when you actually have in front you, you sometimes chuckle.

AA seems to be the clear leader again in size with UA next.
DL also doesn't seem to have as many "exception" markets for a full meal. As such, I see a lot of snack basket service. Therefore, I agree with minnyfly: Grass isn't always greener. I'd also opt for UA's frequency on this route, given we are after all discussing domestic F. YMMV I suppose.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by S.R
LGA-IAH 10/16 10:30am departure, lunch flight

Options were a salad with grilled chicken or a burger. Didn't see the burger but the salad was ok, good amount of chicken came with it. There were also nuts served, and the dessert was a piece of cheesecake.
Are they still serving soup these days at all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.