Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Explorer789
ORD-SFO
6:00am departure
B752

Choice of breakfast wrap or cheese blitz; chose the latter. It was rather good and quite fulfilling.

Oddly though, they didn't have a physical menu handed to us. FA just went down row by row and read out the options.
I think you meant blintz, above.
I've never had a menu on a domestic United flight, other than the soon to be retired p.s. sub-brand.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rch4u
It's been a decade since United had printed domestic menus - p.s. aside.
I guess, I rarely domestics in the front cabin, so couldn't tell if this was the norm or not, especially after seeing some pics of printed menus in this thread. Might only be for certain routes.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Explorer789
I guess, I rarely domestics in the front cabin, so couldn't tell if this was the norm or not, especially after seeing some pics of printed menus in this thread. Might only be for certain routes.
pre 9/11
I remember menus in domestic F on NW meal flights but not CO, exception being transcons exEWR; I didn't fly UA but people used to bring them back for me from their flights so I suspect they did on the longer segments

post 9/11
menus disappeared on all domestic F NW meal flights, CO still on transcons exEWR. Started flying UA but only got menus on p.s.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
TPA-EWR
3:20pm departure (lunch)
738SFP

PDB
Warm nuts in ramekin

Choice of following:
Cobb salad with chicken on the side (my choice - generous portions of chicken and salad)
Shrimp paella (sorry for poor picture quality - taken across aisle. Bread and desert were same as mine)
Attached Images   
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt, Marriott
EWR-LAS
10:26am departure on 6/26/2017
Flight 1179 A320

Choice of lobster casserole or lentil chili. I had the latter; quite good but a bit bland. Salt and pepper helped a lot.

LAS-EWR
9:30am departure on 6/29/2017
Flight 2383 on B737.

I had scrambled eggs sitting on top of Canadian bacon, which in turn was sitting on top of mashed potatoes. Very good indeed, and it was a LOT of food. Came with Chobani Greek yogurt and a plate of mixed fruit. All excellent. Sorry, I've forgotten what the other choice was; I always get the egg dish on breakfast flights.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
IAD-SEA
0825 departure
A320

Choice of fiesta omelet, cheese blintzes or cereal with fruit. Same old omelet but came with a much nicer fruit bowl and packet of cholula! Cookies served prior to landing.

Service was attentive and personable the whole 5.5 hours and purser even offered anything we wanted from the back later in the flight.
Cholula is excellent hot sauce!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:47 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
DEN-IAD back on 6/28 (think it was UA 495 IIRC)... they failed to cater the actual meals for F. They loaded the biscuits and cinnamon rolls, but that was it. Also lacked any snacks or cookies.

FAs did offer anything we wanted from the Y Choices menu at least--sigh. I'd have eaten in the airport if I had known my options were heartburn wrap, the fruit & nut box, or fighting with the rest of the pax for one of the few cheeseburgers.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
DEN-IAD back on 6/28 (think it was UA 495 IIRC)... they failed to cater the actual meals for F. They loaded the biscuits and cinnamon rolls, but that was it. Also lacked any snacks or cookies.

FAs did offer anything we wanted from the Y Choices menu at least--sigh. I'd have eaten in the airport if I had known my options were heartburn wrap, the fruit & nut box, or fighting with the rest of the pax for one of the few cheeseburgers.
What I find interesting is, I can see catering forgetting say Rolls but the meals themselves... REALLY... How do you do that? Also isn't the FC FA suppose to so through catering to make sure there is enough meals boarded before the door is closed? I think you need to contact UA about this.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
UA497 EWR-SFO 77W

Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by 764toHI
UA497 EWR-SFO 77W

Looks pretty good!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
UA497 EWR-SFO 77W

Exact same menu on BOS-SFO 77A this morning. Pre-landing snack was a choice of wraps, plus a well-stocked snack basket. Moscow Mule offered, as well as any other drink desired. Good service overall!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Is TCON now a single tray service?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by BlueSky72
This is what gets me. Why does the crew have to get "business class or better"?? You'd think they might be able to negotiate other contract terms more successfully if they slummed down a bit on this unnecessary, holier-than-thou requirement.

And I also wonder how well is enforced the guidance that customers select first "even pulling from crew meals" -- I can easily see a grumpy crew member telling an F passenger "sorry we're out of xxxx" in order to hoard for him/herself -- not unlike the practice that has been reported here of crew members "hoarding" the limited gel pillows for their own rest breaks.
So "Business Class of Better" is there for two reasons, (a) there is usually not an economy meal and a Business Class meal is a complete meal whereas an economy meal can be a small snack (i.e. a half a sandwich) and (b) "or better" is there to protect UA, if FAs are served first class meals and the contract says they have to have C meals then UA is in breach if contract.

Again, crew meals are separate from pax meals, they are often served in plastic and are oftentimes a different meal than the pax get so they would not ever be served to pax.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
UA497 EWR-SFO 77W

You have to wonder why the milk carton? Menu also lists mixed berry sauce which seems to be missing.

I think it looks good, but for such a long flight, it would be nice to service the fruit course first, and then the hot choice.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver
UAX 5730 IAH-SLC CR7 Dinner
Cold pasta with salami and olives, green salad with 2 slices of citrus, and grapes.
Other option was a salmon salad.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.