Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
December 15 EWR-SFO

Missed the 6 pm flight and rebooked onto the 8:30 pm flight due to snow in NY.
Rebooked flight got delayed by over 4 hours, and ended up eating dinner around 1:30 am EST

Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
UA 1458
EWR-NAS
12/12/2017

Choice of Quinoa with Salmon or Ravioli Pasta. I was sitting in 2F and the pasta was gone by 2B. A lady and her 3 kids snagged up all.

The salmon was excellent and actually made the quinoa flavorful! AS need to take notes and serve their quinoa warm with some type of sauce. Warm cookies for dessert.
Had this dish EWR-SNA on Saturday, was delicious. Although it was plated a bit differently, with the quinoa pressed into a cylinder shape with some squash on top. Salmon was cooked nicely, not medium rare, but still moist and tender inside.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Had "calzone" on LAX-IAH breakfast flight. Was ok, had egg & veg filling, although was mostly bread. Bread basket was biscuits or sweet rolls.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by In The 216
Does anybody have any recent experience with the offering in J on the ~9:30PM EWR departures to LAX/SFO? United.com lists it as "snack".
Flew this flight last week. Cheeseburger with grapes and chocolate square. Delicious, except that they didn’t melt the cheese on the burger. Pretzel bun.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

Flew this flight last week. Cheeseburger with grapes and chocolate square. Delicious, except that they didn’t melt the cheese on the burger. Pretzel bun.
Does that mean they manually add the cheese to the burger? Not a fan of cheeseburgers, but if I could get a burger and request they leave off the cheese, that would be good to know.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:13 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Does that mean they manually add the cheese to the burger? Not a fan of cheeseburgers, but if I could get a burger and request they leave off the cheese, that would be good to know.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

Cheese comes on the side. You add it yourself, if you want it.

Ended up on this flight this past Sunday. I had the cheeseburger as well, which was good. I didn't find the cheese on the side an issue because the burger patty and bun were hot. I put the cheese on the patty then the bun on top and it melted nicely.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Cheese will be on side. Gouda.

Mine did not melt even though burger was warm.

Still my favorite snack on United.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA622
LGA-ORD

Airbus A320
Meal: Lunch

Choice of: Chicken Jambalaya or Asian Beef Noodle Salad (below)

UA899
ORD-YVR

Airbus A320
Meal: Dinner

Choice of: Lentil Chile or Chicken Jambalaya (below)
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 1118 CUN-SFO, 12/20/17
737-900ER, dinner

Seriously disappointing meal on this six-hour, 12-minute flight. The salmon in a cream sauce was tasty enough (although rice and sautéed veggies are about the least creative sides possible), but the salad was dominated by some particularly sad pieces of iceberg lettuce, and the bland bread could have been plucked out of one of the SFO United Clubs that morning. No dessert followed this platter. Some four hours later, I got a warmed chocolate-chip cookie. Is that the usual routine for this flight?

They had also run out of the prosecco during the open-bar PDB. The warm nuts were great, though.

Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DCA writer
No dessert followed this platter.
Pretty sure there should have been a dessert on the tray. Either the flight was mis-catered or somebody took yours.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Pretty sure there should have been a dessert on the tray. Either the flight was mis-catered or somebody took yours.
Mrs. DCA writer didn't get dessert either. And since the flight left with two seats in F unoccupied, I'm going to guess it was mis-catered. I have an e-mail into 1Kvoice to find out for sure.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I believe most of these flights are re-catered in Mexico and the results have generally seemed poor, based on pictures in this thread.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
UAX midday flight yesterday IAH-CLT, choice of bowtie pasta with salami, or salmon salad. I had the pasta, quite tasty. Served with side of giant strawberries, salad, and packaged triple chocolate cookie. Quite a decent meal by UAX standards.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
...Served with side of giant strawberries...
You got more than one?

Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
You got more than one?

3! Only slightly smaller than above pic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.