Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 29, 17, 11:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 3, 17, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K / GlobalEntry / 1.2MM
Things have gotten way better recently but I still miss the Thai BBQ chicken dish circa 2010-2011. That was my all time favorite!
rch4u likes this.
Old Dec 3, 17, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Gold
12/2 UA323 PHL-DEN Breakfast
Choice of Quiche or "Protein Plate" (described as hummus and vegetables). That didnt sound like a breakfast so I chose the Quiche

Quiche tasted strange. Fruit wasn't even close to ripe. Cinnamon Roll still the same
I wonder if I could have gotten the Omlet or oscar-mcmuffin from Y. At least I would have gotten some meat.

12/2 UA223 DEN-PHL Dinner
Choice of Uno's Pizza or Burger, basically same as Y

Comparing to prior "burger" meals in F:
Salad or Fruit bowl replace with a bag of "fry" chips
Cookie or Sorbet replace with Cheesecake
No lettuce, tomato, pickle with burger
No nuts.

In Y, I at least got the lettuce, tomato, and pickle. Last time I got the fruit cup too.
I haven't tried the "new" burger in Y yet though
Old Dec 4, 17, 4:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 22 years/2MM, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-La Jade, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by rch4u View Post
It's so weird that shorter DEN-LAX gets full meal service, while DEN-SFO (arguably a more premium route, and definitely longer) gets snacked. Where did you hear about these additional December 1 cuts? Any more details you can share?
Agree this is odd having LAX showing full breakfast. My reservations reflect Snack for DEN-SFO this month and this was verified during the Chelsea mini-do in Denver a couple months ago. I asked if this was a temporary end of year budget management issue and essentially the answer was yes and we’d see changes in 2018.

I’ll add that there’s only (today at least) one flight to LAX on the schedule in the breakfast window so maybe there’s not enough savings to cut for one flight.
Old Dec 4, 17, 5:58 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL/UA G (SC/UC), Marriott LTP, Hyatt Exp, Uber Diamond
12/3 BOS - ORD UA 1251 (Lunch)

Choice of Tandoori Chicken or Asian Salad with Grilled Chicken. Generally a very good service from this IAD-based crew: full PDBs, hot towels (smelled nice too), warm nuts, followed by the meal itself. Crew wasn't great with refills after the service, but there's the FA call button and it's a pretty short flight.

Honestly, I enjoyed the chicken. The chicken was spicy, and while it was a tad on the dry side, the paneer made up for that. Rice was not dry, which is often the case. Salad tasted fresh as well. The lemon cheese cake was nice and I love pretzel rolls. I would not hesitate to order this again, definitely recommend it in fact. FAs definitely did a nice job with presenting the meals.

Final note: the captain came out before the flight to thank everyone for their business, provide flight details. ^
Old Dec 4, 17, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat

12/4: EWR-SNA. Glad it’s back on the menu.
Old Dec 4, 17, 2:31 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
My wife is in F on a dinner flight tomorrow DFW EWR. Anyone know what choices have been so far this month for dinner.
Old Dec 4, 17, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767 View Post
12/3 BOS - ORD UA 1251 (Lunch)

Choice of Tandoori Chicken or Asian Salad with Grilled Chicken. Generally a very good service from this IAD-based crew: full PDBs, hot towels (smelled nice too), warm nuts, followed by the meal itself. Crew wasn't great with refills after the service, but there's the FA call button and it's a pretty short flight.

Honestly, I enjoyed the chicken. The chicken was spicy, and while it was a tad on the dry side, the paneer made up for that. Rice was not dry, which is often the case. Salad tasted fresh as well. The lemon cheese cake was nice and I love pretzel rolls. I would not hesitate to order this again, definitely recommend it in fact. FAs definitely did a nice job with presenting the meals.

Final note: the captain came out before the flight to thank everyone for their business, provide flight details. ^
EWR-DFW
73G
Lunch

Same menu as above. Here's a picture of the noodle salad with (a very small piece of) grilled chicken.
Old Dec 4, 17, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I just want to highlight an annoyance about United's flights that are just barely under the length that get a meal.

This picture is from RDU-IAD, a 224 mile, 37 minute in the air flight. This serving is fine, even generous.

Now here's my next flight, IAD-MCO:

At 758 miles and 1hr52 minutes in the air, this is not fine.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 17, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz President's Circle, National EXC, Hyatt EXP, UA/HHonors/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
Like on AA, DEN-LAX is an exception market because of how competitive it is. DL has a surprisingly uncompetitive offering on this route compared to UA or AA.
Old Dec 5, 17, 3:33 pm

DFW-EWR
E175 UA 3571
Lunch

Flight departed 2 hours late. GA announced that because of the delay, they couldn't cater the flight (??) and gave all F passengers a $20 voucher. No way whatever they were going to serve is worth that much. Saving it for a EWR restaurant on my next trip. They still had snack boxes on the flight.
Old Dec 5, 17, 7:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj View Post
DFW-EWR
E175 UA 3571
Lunch

Flight departed 2 hours late. GA announced that because of the delay, they couldn't cater the flight (??) and gave all F passengers a $20 voucher. No way whatever they were going to serve is worth that much. Saving it for a EWR restaurant on my next trip. They still had snack boxes on the flight.
Many of those food vouchers are only good for 24 Hours. Double check before saving it.
Old Dec 5, 17, 8:14 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by tarheelnj View Post
DFW-EWR
E175 UA 3571
Lunch

My wife was on that flight also. Actually was supposed to be on the later 4pm flight but got the last standby on 3571 because her original later flight was also delayed. She said something about the plane had no food. I don’t understand the excuse of not catering due to a delay and they delay was known for a while before departure.
Old Dec 5, 17, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott/SPG Amb, Hyatt Explorist
DFW-ORD dinner today, was the old cheeseburger from Coach (with the pretzel bun), plus some greens and raspberry cheesecake. No chips or fries though.
Old Dec 6, 17, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
Many of those food vouchers are only good for 24 Hours. Double check before saving it.
You're right! I didn't see that. This one is only good for 2 days (or 24 hours, depending on which part of the voucher you read). The GA came onto the flight after boarding and handed them out. Didn't say anything about having to use them within 48 hours. Not likely anyone would have used it in EWR on arrival at 8:17pm - even less likely the next 2 days except for those few back at EWR today or tomorrow. Nice gesture - but pretty pointless if you don't warn people.

Unrelated question: If you spend $15.00 at a food vendor and give them this certificate, you don't get change, but you hand over the certificate. After you leave, can the vendor charge the balance of the face value to United and end up with the entire amount of the voucher?

Old Dec 6, 17, 7:24 am

UA 606
PIT-SFO (7:15am departure, blocked for 5h40m)
12/6/2017

full PDBs with a rushed boarding due to delayed inbound.

Choice of egg white pastry with roasted peppers or a “protein plate” with hummus and whanot. Chose the first option.

Liked the taste with a bit of pepper added

Not shown: choice of biscuit or cinnamon roll

Search this Thread
Search Engine: