Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 29, 17, 11:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 16, 17, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I think the main difference is that Snack is a single-tray 1.5 course service with a plated main and a chocolate candy for dessert. There have been a mix of hot and cold plated Snacks recently.
Old Nov 16, 17, 6:57 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million M; Delta Gold Medallion (2 mio +); American; Hyatt Platinum Passport, Omni Platinum
Health Issue in DEN

Originally Posted by manstein58 View Post
the dreaded and awful snack basket on this flight?. How cheap can United be?
FA told me that the caterer in DEN has hygiene issues like listeria so that was why no food was loaded
Old Nov 20, 17, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC

UA 274, LAX-MEX 11/18, 3:15 blocked time, Breakfast

PDB, everything offered, hot towel service & prompt drink service after take off. I didn't catch the name of the dish but very filling and tasty. Excellent service throughout the flight!
BeeeJay likes this.
Old Nov 20, 17, 4:26 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Gold
The french toast soufflé! I haven’t seen that for a few months. Good to see it’s back
Originally Posted by tstauck View Post

UA 274, LAX-MEX 11/18, 3:15 blocked time, Breakfast

PDB, everything offered, hot towel service & prompt drink service after take off. I didn't catch the name of the dish but very filling and tasty. Excellent service throughout the flight!
tstauck likes this.
Old Nov 20, 17, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by S.R View Post
The french toast soufflé! I haven’t seen that for a few months. Good to see it’s back
...and the lobster mac n cheese made an appearance today on IAD-LAX ^
Old Nov 20, 17, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tstauck View Post

Wait, since when is Moscow Mule offered?
Investigating.........oh, never on my routes, it appears.
More investigating........so how expensive are they in economy or in the lounges?
Here they say $9.99, and here they say $12.99?
Old Nov 21, 17, 12:22 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold)
Originally Posted by S.R View Post
It was a flight to/from MEX. Even on my IAH-MEX flight (lunch time) which is about 2h long, I was offered a decent meal (beef, rice, salad, cake). A flight IAH-ORD that takes 2.5h has a crappy snack instead.
Old Nov 21, 17, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL/UA G (SC/UC), Marriott LTP, Hyatt Exp, Uber Diamond
Crossing a boarder is a pretty silly standard for determining meal service; but by no means is this limited to UA.
Old Nov 21, 17, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Marcin83 View Post
It was a flight to/from MEX. Even on my IAH-MEX flight (lunch time) which is about 2h long, I was offered a decent meal (beef, rice, salad, cake). A flight IAH-ORD that takes 2.5h has a crappy snack instead.
Yes, for the flight to MEX, it's listed as "Business", not just First. Very good service overall. Most of the people up front were going to the Pats - Raiders game this past weekend, so there were a lot of cocktails ordered for that 7am flight

Regarding the Moscow Mule question, yes, it should be available on all mainline UA aircraft, and it's their "preferred cocktail" too. In Economy I believe it's $12, but states that it's two servings.

- Tom
Old Nov 21, 17, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Wait, since when is Moscow Mule offered?
Investigating.........oh, never on my routes, it appears.
More investigating........so how expensive are they in economy or in the lounges?
Here they say $9.99, and here they say $12.99?
Moscow Mule offered for a couple years at least.
Old Nov 22, 17, 6:10 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Gold
Same disgusting options as the past few months on IAH-LGA this morning. The kale egg thing or a "greek" protein plate. FA seemed embarrassed to even have to offer these options. At least they had cinnamon rolls.
Old Nov 22, 17, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Tasteless turkey ham croissant -- with 5 small pieces of fruit on SFO-MSP the other day. I did email in about my dissatisfaction with the meal both to 1KVoice and survey.
Old Nov 23, 17, 2:46 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Food issues ex sfo

Taste and choices aside, has anyone else had food/stomach issues ex sfo in J? My last 2 Polaris flights to cdg and lhr both resulted in me hitting the ground with sick stomach. I usually never have this, and never had problem with united or long haul flights in the past. I know this is all subjective, but curious if other have anecdotal experiences as well? And it's only been with sfo catering....never the return.
Old Nov 25, 17, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2.8MM, AAdvantage, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
MSY-IAH UA 755 19 Nov Seat 2A

Post-boarding CPU due to a checked-in no-show. Surprised they even offered a muffin given short duration of flight. Prosecco kept re-filled throughout by attentive FA.
Old Nov 25, 17, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Million Miler, Marriott Gold
Great Service

I flew EWR BUF on Thanksgiving - 737-700. It's been years since mainline flew that route. Nice surprise. Also only booked 4/12 in F which was another treat. Y was about 95% full.

Excellent service by FA. Efficient pre-departure drinks. Almost ready to push back, and they noticed a problem with the front landing year - tire needed to be changed. Everybody off the plane. 30 minutes later, we board again, and FA had second rounds of pre-departure drinks on our seats. Couldn't they all be this way? Didn't even had to ask. He managed to service 3 drinks mid-air on this short 56 minute flight, and Y had a full beverage service. Good FA"s are out there! He also offered the snack basked numerous times.
st530 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: