Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jazzhou
UA1167 / LGA-IAH / 2017-11-12
B738
Dinner

It was the last flight out of LGA (18:30) to IAH for the day.
Attachment 43800
The salad looks weak, sad and meager. The jambalaya could have been more festive or feistier. Plastic plate for the cake seems out-of-place and an after-thought. The long baton bread came after the shot. Anyway, I ate everything. No cookies, no ice cream.
Looks like LGA was out of salad bowls and small plates, so they just used another casserole dish for the salad and a plastic plate for the cake.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: 1K
ORD-DEN 757-300 Lunch

Was pleasantly surprised with the shrimp paella. PDB, warm nuts, no towel, and pretzel bread served at the end of meal service.

Return flight, DEN-ORD: PDB of choice, warm towels, and lunch was a bag of chips, pasta with one meatball and some strawberry cheesecake. Odd combination however guessing it had to do with DEN's catering issues over the last few weeks. The pasta was decent. Great crew and pilot wrote a note on the back of his business card to each passenger seated in F.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by jazzhou
UA1167 / LGA-IAH / 2017-11-12
B738
Dinner

It was the last flight out of LGA (18:30) to IAH for the day.
Attachment 43800
The salad looks weak, sad and meager. The jambalaya could have been more festive or feistier. Plastic plate for the cake seems out-of-place and an after-thought. The long baton bread came after the shot. Anyway, I ate everything. No cookies, no ice cream.
That looks tasty to me.
jazzhou likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The salad is kind of killed in that presentation, but from memory it's pretty good. And the jambalaya is delicious.
jazzhou likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SkiPremier
Was pleasantly surprised with the shrimp paella. PDB, warm nuts, no towel, and pretzel bread served at the end of meal service.
That's so much better than the garbage that was served on my SFO-ORD RT last month . . . what is UA's logic here?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Had the buffalo chicken/mac n cheese on SAN-IAH 3:40pm departure the other day.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Salt lick city on EWR/MSY today. Had the egg white sandwich for two bites. Who in God’s great world thought that was a good idea?? Now on i will stick to the cereal
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by physioprof
That looks tasty to me.
Hahaha, and I did finish everything clean on all three plates despite the nit-picky complaint.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's so much better than the garbage that was served on my SFO-ORD RT last month . . . what is UA's logic here?
It's United - there is no logic. Possible last month's trip for you was during their catering cutbacks and now they reverted back to the meals pre-cuts. Or I was just lucky for a 2 hour flight. Wifi naturally inop both flights as well.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA MP
Does anyone have the J class menu for red-eye flights this month (November). Curious to see what to expect, the meal says "snack" on the PNR.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by erickliu
Does anyone have the J class menu for red-eye flights this month (November). ....
What route?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
EWR-TPA
Dinner

Salad with beef on the side. Other option was a chicken jambalaya.

The beef was cooked reasonably well. The warm nuts in the ramekin were served with the meal.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What route?
EWR-SFO and SFO-BOS (redeye)
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
711 msy-ewr

the dreaded and awful snack basket on this flight?. How cheap can United be?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Originally Posted by findark
If the reservation says "Snack" expect that. Note that on mainline, "Snack" does not mean the snack basket; it means a hot plated meal like a hamburger or calzone. The snack basket is "Refreshments".
I was trying to figure "snack" out! Especially as the website is very confusing:
  • In one section (Flights 2hrs 31mins to 3hrs 59mins, departing 5am-1:29pm) the website states: "Snacks are available on breakfast flights under 3 hours"
  • Below that table in the "Mainline United sample menu" section, it states: Breakfast (for flight duration of 2 hrs. 20 min. to 3 hrs. 59 min.) Red pepper quiche with tri-color potatoes and sundried tomato mozzarella sausage, served with fresh fruit
So confusing! I've never considered a quiche to be snack food, but then again based on the quality you might not want to eat all of it and just nibble around the edges effectively rendering it into snack food!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.