Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Is anyone else finding that the "View First Unread" link for this particuar thread is broken, goes to top of last page in thread, not to first unread post?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
UAL1648 SFO-MSP on 7/26:

Huevos rancheros or peach/cheese blintz.

Huevos rancheros tasted very good. Served with the usual small fruit bowl (orange, pineapple, strawberries) and choice of biscuit or cinnamon roll.

No cookie was served.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by demkr
UAL1648 SFO-MSP on 7/26:

Huevos rancheros or peach/cheese blintz.

Huevos rancheros tasted very good. Served with the usual small fruit bowl (orange, pineapple, strawberries) and choice of biscuit or cinnamon roll.

No cookie was served.
Lucky you, I chose the same thing from the same menu on the same day flying SFO-ORD.

We were delayed about 30 minutes or so, and the dish I was served was the most craptacular excuse for a Mexican breakfast that not even a packet of Cholula and an early morning 312 could rectify.

The 'tortilla' base was like a soggy cornbread, the beans were totally overcooked, devoid of flavor and many were stuck to the bottom of the plate. There was no ranchero sauce to speak of. Same fruit side, all of which were soggy, slightly under-ripe and likely cut the previous day.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by physioprof
Is anyone else finding that the "View First Unread" link for this particuar thread is broken, goes to top of last page in thread, not to first unread post?
It's broken on my iPad but works OK on my laptop.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
SFOSTL
DEP: 709PM
EQP: 319
MEAL: DINNER

Really looking forward to the Fall sked when this flight gets pushed forward and arrives before midnite rather than the current 126AM arrival time. But I digress.

Choices were ravioli (not with red sauce) or beef with vegetables. Figured with my 3 year old, the ravioli was a safer bet for him. FA seemed to proactively offer alternatives from BoB as the 8F cabin was catered with either 1 ravioli/7 beef (or 2/6 but was unsure).

Ravioli was tasty and not overcooked. My son ate some of it (imagine he would have eaten more had he not been so tired), although I don't think he was not exactly fond of the lemon sauce that was drizzled over it. Of course he had no problem eating the cookie. Seems current catering menu planners have a love affair with leeks and fennel. Not that I am complaining, but it seems to be abundantly used, and I've probably eaten more of it in the past 6 months than in my lifetime.

Beef was good, though the gravy is a bit on the sweet side. Not overcooked.

I should point out the FA working F on the flight was great and rather helpful considering I was doing the flight as "single dad with 2 kids" which is always an experience. Luckily son sitting on my lap slept for most of the flight, but FA checked on cabin multiple times instead of hiding back in the Y galley with the rest of the crew.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:55 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Surprised to get a flight-deck coffee cup on my ORD > LGA flight this week.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by physioprof
Doesn't work on mobile for me. But this isn't that bad, the BE thread opens up the very first post when I'm on mobile. Doesn't work from hitting it off of 'My Flyertalk'
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Issue with FT tools are best reported in Technical Support and Feedback

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by LIH
Surprised to get a flight-deck coffee cup on my ORD > LGA flight this week.
Why do they get special cups?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
SFO-BOS red-eye (12:30am departure), pmUA752 in J: Choice of cheeseburger or salad with chicken. I chose the burger. FA offered me seconds as she said everyone wanted to sleep Before landing, and freshly-warmed blueberry muffin.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Maximilion
They are about twice as big as the normal cups, I have gotten it a few times when I was in the first few rows of Y and asked an FA for a cup who went to the F galley to get it and I assume they had no other paper coffee cups there.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Maximilion
They're normally provisioned with lids to help prevent spills in the flight deck which could damage the electronic equipment up there.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sitting on United 117 right now SNA ORD...absolutely pathetic first class lunch. Ravioli with two small pieces of pasta (Delta offers a similar dish with SIX pieces of ravioli) and a spoonful of some kind of braised root vegetables.

Side was a tiny salad with about 15 pieces of baby spinach, one tiny olive and a tiny ball of cheese.

Dessert was a small single scoop of strawberry vanilla ice cream.

Only the ice cream had any real flavor while everything else was like eating paper. Meals plated without butter and needed to ask for it.

All in all a very very disappointing presentation with so little quality or substance I have to ask United, why do you even bother?

It's obvious that meal quantity has shrunk by at least 50% in the last year, and Polaris now extends the same cuts to international premium business. Just have to shake my head at how far down the product is cratering.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Side was a tiny salad with about 15 pieces of baby spinach, one tiny olive and a tiny ball of cheese.
I really hope that salad is gone from midcon dining next month. It's awful
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
...It's obvious that meal quantity has shrunk by at least 50% in the last year...
The meal I had SFO-OGG Tuesday was actually heftier than most I've received recently. Tough-ish "flat=iron" steak (easily twice the size of the short rib I'm used to) w/ chimichurri sauce, decent amount of mashed sweet potatoes, and some white beans. Wasn't bad. Sizeable scoop of vanilla ice cream (in a paper bowl) w/ whipped cream and chocolate sauce .

Ordered a Moscow Mule. FA proactively brought a Tito's, too, saying "There's alcohol in the Moscow Mule, but I've been told not enough..."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.