Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 29, 17, 11:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 25, 17, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by findark View Post
The "Snack" service consists of a heated snack such as calzone or hamburger, served with a Godiva truffle for dessert, and a cranberry muffin as a pre-arrival service.
Was just coming to ask about this. Bummer. Late flights out of EWR used to be an exception. How long has it been?
Old Apr 25, 17, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Was just coming to ask about this. Bummer. Late flights out of EWR used to be an exception. How long has it been?
The current schedule has been this way for at least a year.. although p.s. is a special exception. The dinner window is extended to 9pm and the snack service is a 24-hour affair. Somewhat more recently, they added 24-hour snack service to other TCON flights, when it used to be "Refreshments" (snack basket only) after 9pm.
Old Apr 25, 17, 2:42 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by findark View Post
The current schedule has been this way for at least a year.. although p.s. is a special exception. The dinner window is extended to 9pm and the snack service is a 24-hour affair. Somewhat more recently, they added 24-hour snack service to other TCON flights, when it used to be "Refreshments" (snack basket only) after 9pm.
I was on an overnight flight from Phoenix to Newark last month and was astonished that the only food offered in First was the snack basket. Bags of chips and cookies with a First Class fare. I think that is rather cheap of them and certainly not at all filling. My "normal" flying is ps service so hence my surprise.
Old Apr 25, 17, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by nycityny View Post
I was on an overnight flight from Phoenix to Newark last month and was astonished that the only food offered in First was the snack basket. Bags of chips and cookies with a First Class fare. I think that is rather cheap of them and certainly not at all filling. My "normal" flying is ps service so hence my surprise.
I tend to agree but I expect that most pax flying an overnight like that have already eaten dinner and plan to go promptly to sleep. However, when I got bumped to an 11pm EWR-SFO I was really glad there was a semi-decent meal (calzone) on board to supplement the soup I scrounged from the lounge.
Old Apr 26, 17, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
PHX-EWR is not a transcon, so redeye catering is just refreshments (snack basket), not a snack (warm sandwich + chocolate). I believe the same applies to LAS-EWR.

SEA/PDX/SFO/SAN/SNA/LAX-EWR/IAD all receive the snack service on redeyes.
Old Apr 26, 17, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA1780
IAH-YYC

Boeing 737-800
Meal: Dinner

Choice of: Spinach ravioli or curry chicken katsu (below)
Attached Images  
Old Apr 26, 17, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA1774
YYC-DEN

Airbus A320
Meal: Breakfast

No choice: muffin & fruits
Attached Images  
Old Apr 27, 17, 2:35 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by rch4u View Post
PHX-EWR is not a transcon, so redeye catering is just refreshments (snack basket), not a snack (warm sandwich + chocolate). I believe the same applies to LAS-EWR.

SEA/PDX/SFO/SAN/SNA/LAX-EWR/IAD all receive the snack service on redeyes.
I now understand that. I still do not think it is right or appropriate.
Old Apr 28, 17, 12:46 pm

Programs: United MP Premier Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Any reason why united would be listing one flight roc-ord Z with breakfast and 3 others z class as refreshments. All the flights are ua 769 on 5/16 6:47 am departure time with connections to SFO at different times.
Old Apr 28, 17, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by Nick Hermann View Post
Any reason why united would be listing one flight roc-ord Z with breakfast and 3 others z class as refreshments. All the flights are ua 769 on 5/16 6:47 am departure time with connections to SFO at different times.
I'm on that flight almost every week. It's a scone/muffin only.
The listing might change depending on whether you're looking at the through flight ROC - SFO vs just ROC - ORD.

ORD - SFO gets the normal mid-con breakfast (french toast souffle / oatmeal + omelette).
Old Apr 28, 17, 3:33 pm

Programs: United MP Premier Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by belynch View Post
I'm on that flight almost every week. It's a scone/muffin only.
The listing might change depending on whether you're looking at the through flight ROC - SFO vs just ROC - ORD.

ORD - SFO gets the normal mid-con breakfast (french toast souffle / oatmeal + omelette).
Thats what I was figuring based on the flight time and the other flights. It might just be a tech issue with united because my flight number for ROC- ORD and ORD to SFO is the same( losing pqs). On my email trip summary it shows each flight individually and each list breakfast as a meal
Old Apr 28, 17, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Hermann View Post
It might just be a tech issue with united because my flight number for ROC- ORD and ORD to SFO is the same( losing pqs).
Bingo @:-)

That would definitely explain it.
Old Apr 28, 17, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA peon
Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
And then there was this sad excuse for temporary sundae replacement

Ben and Jerry's sells a four oz tub. But $2 - cost of crap is out of budget I guess.
Old Apr 28, 17, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Michael D View Post
Ben and Jerry's sells a four oz tub. But $2 - cost of crap is out of budget I guess.
"Vanilla flavored" - it isn't even vanilla! Artificial flavoring. How cheap can they get?
Old Apr 28, 17, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy PLT +, Hilton Diamond
why were you "astonished" that a red-eye on a non transcon did not have meal/snack service? Most people want to sleep on red-eyes not eat.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: