Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 29, 17, 11:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 22, 17, 9:02 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, SPG Ambassador & Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Prez, AVIS 1st, Amtrak Select
SFO-EWR PS flight also had the mango sorbet in the paper cup you get out of the freezer at 7-11 instead of the "signature sundae". Not terribly Premium Service.

Originally Posted by hirohito888 View Post
UA450
EWR-SAT

Boeing 737-900
Meal: Dinner

Choice of beef or shrimp. Had the shrimp last week, chose the beef this week.

Last week they had ice cream sundae, but this week, only mango sorbet in a container.
Old Apr 22, 17, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
BOS-ORD Dinner 4/21

I had the Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese. Huge portion, nicely browned crumbs on top, just a bit salty. But overall one of the best airline dishes I've had on United. I'd be overjoyed in this turned up in GF instead of dried out tough beef!
Old Apr 22, 17, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy View Post
SFO-EWR PS flight also had the mango sorbet in the paper cup you get out of the freezer at 7-11 instead of the "signature sundae". Not terribly Premium Service.
As other threads have stated they've stopped the sundaes while they fix the bowls.

FWIW TG F services ice cream in a paper cup (Haagen Das).
Old Apr 22, 17, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by 1kBill View Post
Seats were new, the same type as the much improved new seats on the Airbii. I do like these a lot, although it still had only Direct TV and no wifi entertainment.
Maybe I'm behind but I didn't realize they started the retrofit on 737s. They looked like this?

Old Apr 22, 17, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Silver, Delta Silver
IAD - LAX Lunch Flight

IAD - LAX
Lunch flight (12:45 pm departure)

Choices were salmon, cashew chicken, or a vegetarian option.

I chose the salmon - it was surprisingly good. It was moist and served with a lemon butter sauce with rice and vegetables.

There were also warmed nuts and a salad and breadstick (served before the meal). The salad was good - it was spring greens with grilled vegetables. I did not eat the dressing.

Desert was mango sorbet (which I skipped) and a chocolate chip cookie served about 45 minutes before landing. Good meal!
Old Apr 22, 17, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang View Post
Maybe I'm behind but I didn't realize they started the retrofit on 737s. They looked like this?
They're slimlining the 73Gs and installing the new F seats as they go. Appear to be nine of them flying around right now.
Old Apr 22, 17, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Silver, Delta Silver
LAX - IAD Breakfast

LAX - IAD
Breakfast flight (9:21 am departure)

Choices were french toast souffle, omelet, or honey nut Cheerios.

First course was fruit plate, yogurt, and choice of croissant or cinnamon role. I had the cinnamon role - it was excellent. I also liked the two-course service of breakfast.

I had the omelet - it was in the top 10% of airline omelets that I have had - it was filled with provolone cheese and had sides of pepper slices and potatoes and sausage (which I did not eat).

A pretty decent job for breakfast
Old Apr 23, 17, 11:16 am

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang View Post

They sure did! I was quite surprised.
Old Apr 23, 17, 1:04 pm

They sure did! I was quite surprised.
Do they have bigger TV Screens on the back of them for the DirecTV, or are the Economy sized like current 737 Premium Cabin?
Old Apr 24, 17, 10:09 am

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis View Post
Do they have bigger TV Screens on the back of them for the DirecTV, or are the Economy sized like current 737 Premium Cabin?
I think they were the same size screen as before, but don't quote me on that as I didn't really watch anything.
Old Apr 24, 17, 10:18 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis View Post
I think they were the same size screen as before, but don't quote me on that as I didn't really watch anything.
No screens IME, hafta use PDE.
Old Apr 24, 17, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
SANEWR
DEP: 1610
EQP: 738
Meal: Dinner

Thanks to SFO delays, my SANSFO flt was going to miscnx to SFOSTL; came up with option to fly SANEWR overnite then EWRSTL today but first agent insisted she could only rebook my P class if P or Z class was available since she would have to charge me more since only F was available. HUCA finally got an agent who rebooked me with no issue.

PDB's consisted of a tray of water. FA took orders taken by hoping around and then front/back. Options by the time they got to me were spice-rubbed chicken or salmon. Choose the chicken and was presently surprised by overall quantity and quality. Enjoyed having a large salad and the watermelon/feta was kind of tasty although it would be nice if they served the salad as a separate course.....minus the lack of appetizer, it was vaguely reminiscent of the old EWR-West Coast transcon meals from pmCO.

And then there was this sad excuse for temporary sundae replacement

I suppose the effort should be noted, but surprised they couldn't round up something of a less institutional/school cafeteria quality.
Old Apr 24, 17, 3:56 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
What food on 9:35pm EWR-LAX?

What are the food offerings for the 9:35pm EWR-LAX departure in Business? I know that dinner is not served. Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 17, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by nycityny View Post
What are the food offerings for the 9:35pm EWR-LAX departure in Business? I know that dinner is not served. Thanks.
The "Snack" service consists of a heated snack such as calzone or hamburger, served with a Godiva truffle for dessert, and a cranberry muffin as a pre-arrival service.
Old Apr 24, 17, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
No screens IME, hafta use PDE.
On the newer Boeings and Airbus yes, but this is one of the 737 with DirecTV, which requires a Seatback monitor, which is why I asked about the screen.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: