Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 29, 17, 11:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 14, 17, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't been upgraded on a lunch/dinner flight for a while and today I was pleasantly surprised that full cashews are back!
Old Apr 15, 17, 9:20 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Not sure where this question belongs, but does anyone know if they are changing the 2:20-2:30 "category" of meals in F? For the past 2 days, all 3 of my upcoming MCO-CLE roundtrips are now showing lunch on MCO-CLE (2hr 27min) and breakfast on CLE-MCO (2hr 29min).

If that is the case, a welcome change (considering the route was always a meal for as long as I can remember).... but don't want to get my hopes up as I know the meals can be buggy sometimes.

Anyone else seeing this on their "snack" flight reservations?

Edit: I did some research and it looks like it's coded as a snack until 4/18. Starting Wed 4/19 it's listed as lunch/breakfast everyday. Is it possible there are other meal changes rolling out that day?

Last edited by CruiserCLE; Apr 15, 17 at 9:47 am
Old Apr 15, 17, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
PDX-ORD
Boeing 737-900ER
Choice of lobster mac and cheese or tandoori chicken with salad. Very much enjoyed the salad and mac and cheese, though the accompanying asparagus was flavorless. Mixed nuts for app and ice cream for dessert, but I skipped both.
Old Apr 17, 17, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, AA*EXP, Hyatt*Globalist
I think I am addicted to the Stroopwafels on the morning DC-EWR flights.

Old Apr 17, 17, 9:35 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis View Post
I prefer the plastic plate honestly. The bakery tissue thing that said “Baked Just For You”, or something like that, was drenched in grease due to the cookie.

However, a full on plate would, at least to me, take too long, and it would be a lot for nothing, as the cookies take less than a minute to eat. The plastic plate establishes Domestic First while maintaining the “express” feeling of the cookies.
My biggest complaint about the plastic plates is for all the talk about being such an Eco Friendly airline, this is about as non-eco friendly as it gets. Plus its not all that "First Class" - literally, it would take 2 seconds to slide the cookie onto a real plate as opposed to a plastic one.
Old Apr 17, 17, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
I think I am addicted to the Stroopwafels on the morning DC-EWR flights.
You're not the only one!

Beautiful shot of DCA lounge.
Old Apr 19, 17, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA3588
EWR-AUS

Embraer 175
Meal: Breakfast

Choice of cheese plate or oatmeal (below)
Attached Images  
Old Apr 19, 17, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA450
EWR-SAT

Boeing 737-900
Meal: Dinner

Choice of beef or shrimp. Had the shrimp last week, chose the beef this week.

Last week they had ice cream sundae, but this week, only mango sorbet in a container.
Attached Images   
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
SNA-ORD-SNA

SNA-ORD UA 2012 4/13/17 737-700
Choices were beef short rib with sweet chili sauce or salmon with quinoa; served with a roll and a small side salad with balsamic dressing

Had the salmon; it was OK, plenty hot but a little dry. Tasted the quinoa and passed on the rest. I am not really a quinoa fan, but it had some off-putting seasoning that made it worse.

Cookie for dessert.

Red wine was Castle Rock Pinot Noir. Tasted smokey, with cherry flavor, but not at all a complex wine. (And I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked!)

Flight attendant service was very good. Seats were ala old style pmCO 737, with direct TV for IFE.

ORD-SNA-ORD UA 3 4/18/17 737-700
Choices were Hoisin beef with rice and red/yellow pepper strips as garnish on the rice or butternut squash ravioli, served with a roll and a small side salad with pomegranate acai dressing.

Truly my first meal on UA that was barely edible - and I will put up with a lot!

Had the beef, which was swimming in an almost overpowering sweet sauce. Rice slowly absorbed some of the sauce, which made it inedible to my taste. Beef would have been good with a lot less sauce.

The dressing was truly awful and I couldn't eat the salad. Icky sweet, almost as bad as the oily lemonade they used to serve. What is it with UA and sweet salad dressings?

Dessert was mango sorbet in a dixie cup. Did not care for it, almost tasteless. They should just go with Haagen-Daas ice cream and be done with it. If you're gonna do ice cream, do it right!

Seats were new, the same type as the much improved new seats on the Airbii. I do like these a lot, although it still had only Direct TV and no wifi entertainment.

Flight attendant service in F was outstanding. She (I think her name was Cathy) was proactive during boarding, making room for carry-ons anywhere she could (once F was fully seated, of course) and present in the cabin for most of the flight.
Old Apr 20, 17, 12:13 am

Programs: UA MP
Has anyone been on an SFO-SEA segment in the morning? Any other ~2 Hour flight in the early morning? Just wondering what the service situation would look like in F. I heard there's nothing but a glass and maybe a cookie.
Old Apr 20, 17, 9:53 am

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by erickliu View Post
Has anyone been on an SFO-SEA segment in the morning? Any other ~2 Hour flight in the early morning? Just wondering what the service situation would look like in F. I heard there's nothing but a glass and maybe a cookie.
I don't know about SFO-SEA, but on my very recent early morning PHL-ORD flights, it was a drink and small scone-like thing.
Old Apr 21, 17, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
STLSFO
UA 715
DEP: 1825
EQP: 738
MEAL: Dinner

STL is double-catered but most of my experience has been on the E-175 which lacks ovens so it is usually a cold option.

This was a new one for me. Choices were described as Smoked Brisket or Ravioli with creamy tomato sauce. Brisket it may have been, but it was more of a sweet barbeque sauce over the meat and the sides were sweet potatoes and some sort of greens with bacon. It was served incredibly hot temperature wise...not complaining but it was noticeably warmer than usual.

Cheese wedges with walnuts/dried fruit in place of a salad, and the single Godiva truffle in place of dessert, though I would have sworn I saw cookies on a few armrests when I got up to use the lav after I fell asleep.

So not a terrible meal by any means just different in that I didn't expect the cheese/nuts/fruit side dish as the similarly timed STLSFO flight I took in DEC did have salads and cookies (and that was on an A320 which has less galley space); however since the trays are the half-trays that might have been part of it.
Old Apr 21, 17, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I think you might get a muffin or scone early. I was on the 10:40 flight today and it was the snack basket.
Originally Posted by erickliu View Post
Old Apr 21, 17, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt, Marriott
Very pleased with shrimp creole

UA 152
EWR-LAS
Lunch flight 4/16/2017

On this EWR-LAS lunch flight, the shrimp creole was excellent. I like spicy food, and this entree was perfectly spiced, spicy but not overly so. Same for the wonderful mashed potatoes, which had a perfectly spiced sauce with butter hints, just superb. Even one of the FAs told me that she loved this meal! Sorry to be gushing so much, but this was the best lunch I've had in many years of flying: I'm a million miler, like so many others on this forum.

Alas, the return flight UA 2383 on 4/19 was less memorable. It was LAS-EWR for 757 lunch, and I had salmon with rice and beans which was acceptable but not great. The other choice was beef short ribs (I think) which my seatmate was okay with, she said.
Old Apr 21, 17, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
Same for the wonderful mashed potatoes, which had a perfectly spiced sauce with butter hints, just superb.
Grits, not mashed potatoes. You must not be from the South!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: