Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
March IAH-LIM

I just noticed the two Lima flights (from EWR and IAH) are both marketed as United Business not Polaris Business, so I am posting the photos in this thread not the Polaris thread.

Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 1011 IAH-IAD, 3/15/17
767-400ER, seat 6L, lunch

My upgrade cleared four days in advance--on an S fare, even--once again showing the wisdom of picking repositioning flights for international equipment. Service started a little slow, with the nuts (less warm than usual) arriving about 45 minutes after takeoff, but it picked up after that.

The choices were a chicken salad or a burger. I chose the latter because, well, I was in Texas and ordering a salad seemed wrong. The burger came with the cheese, lettuce (a single sad-looking leaf) and tomato on the side; I let the cheese melt between the burger and the almost-as-hot pretzel roll while I had the side salad, which benefited from the creative addition of some sauteed squash slices. The burger itself was delicious; if the buy-on-board version is close to that good, I'm definitely getting that when I'm in the back.

I skipped the chocolate cookie because I gave up chocolate for Lent (I'm not sure why I do that, given my minimal church attendance), so my dessert was a Buffalo Trace on the rocks. With about 20 minutes to go, the flight attendant asked if I'd like another, and how could I say no to that?
Attached Images    
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA GS
ORD-SFO in F on the High Density 777-200 with IPTE seats in F.

Choices were Chicken Tandoori and Lobster Mac and Cheese. No vegetarian option loaded. The crew was great and gave me the salad + bread and a cheese plate from Economy.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by DCA writer
UA 1011 IAH-IAD, 3/15/17
767-400ER, seat 6L, lunch
The choices were a chicken salad or a burger. I chose the latter because, well, I was in Texas and ordering a salad seemed wrong. The burger came with the cheese, lettuce (a single sad-looking leaf) and tomato on the side; I let the cheese melt between the burger and the almost-as-hot pretzel roll while I had the side salad, which benefited from the creative addition of some sauteed squash slices. The burger itself was delicious; if the buy-on-board version is close to that good, I'm definitely getting that when I'm in the back.
That looks exactly the same as the BoB burger. to United if it is, at least in economy you get some chips with it.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
That looks exactly the same as the BoB burger. to United if it is, at least in economy you get some chips with it.
Pretty sure it is.. the burger was making the rounds last year with the snack service in F. It's really quite good although not sure how it fares as a main.

Definitely more "serving F quality food in Y" than the reverse IMO.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
RDU - DEN in F on A319, 4pm EST departure (so believe it was "dinner" catering).

Choices were mushroom risotto or chicken. Went with the chicken (plus rice with black beans and asparagus), it was the first truly inedible, disgusting meal I can remember on UA. Chicken was hard as a rock and tasted like nothing, had about 2 bites and called it a day.

Cookie was the only good part of the meal
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Pretty sure it is.. the burger was making the rounds last year with the snack service in F. It's really quite good although not sure how it fares as a main.

Didn't see it that way, hooray for when I don't get my CPU. I've had it a few times and I do like it, it really needs 2+ ketchup packets though if you get it in the back with chips.

So when can I expect lobster mac on the BoB menu?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by findark

It definitely worked as a main, but they could do more to differentiate it from the Y meal. Personally, I'd like to have them top the burger with bacon, because bacon.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LIM-IAH/EWR

Not sure why LIM does not get Polaris from EWR, while all Eueopean flights get them.

Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IAH-FLL Lunch Flight

Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Better than First Class- some guy name Mr Germaine walked up to my LAS-IAH flight and I guess got a killer TOD and bought the last Fclass seat. Wow! Messed up UA. 42min before departure I was #1 for 1 seat open. Loyalty means nothing

HOWEVER

I have my own row in Economy plus and I have Port of Subs which will kick the CRAP out of whatever will be served up front. Will post pictures once I open it
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FLL-EWR Breakfast Flight

Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:15 pm

So can you ask for fries from the back when you get the burger?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
So can you ask for fries from the back when you get the burger?
Probably not because they are packaged (taped) to the BoB burger.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Fries on a plane

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Probably not because they are packaged (taped) to the BoB burger.
Trust me I'm pretty sure you don't want warmed over fries on a plane, when I get the Cheeseburger in Delta F on domestic routes it always comes with potato salad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.