Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Carrie Fisher suffers cardiac arrest on UA flight from LHR to LAX -- RIP 27 Dec 2016

Carrie Fisher suffers cardiac arrest on UA flight from LHR to LAX -- RIP 27 Dec 2016

Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!

I assume this was UA 935.

Carrie Fisher suffered cardiac arrest. No word yet on her condition.

Was anyone on this flight?

http://6abc.com/entertainment/carrie...plane/1670744/
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AS
Actress Carrie Fisher is in critical condition after a 'cardiac episode' on flight from London to L.A.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...223-story.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 23, 2016 at 4:20 pm Reason: Posts containing links should contain enough information so as to be contributive to FlyerTalk itself.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Hope she will be okay. She needs to rest. I worried about her. She will be alright.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Latest update per family, she is now in stable condition. Hope she is able to pull through
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I looked at flightaware and they had a 6 minute landing to gate time (compared to 30-50 minutes the previous days). A good job at getting her to treatment as fast as possible.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by wrp96
I looked at flightaware and they had a 6 minute landing to gate time (compared to 30-50 minutes the previous days). A good job at getting her to treatment as fast as possible.
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Latest update per family, she is now in stable condition. Hope she is able to pull through
I actually agree with that. She will be okay. She needs to rest. She got a very long flight. She will be very extremely tired.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by wrp96
Big ^ to pilots, ATC, and rampers for making that happen.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
This is really awful. I hope the force is with her today.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
If she was unresponsive for 15 minutes, I'd be worred about brain damage. Poor Gary. She has lived an interesting life.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Get lost 2016... enough already. Would have been stressful for others on the flight
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
news Reports IS That Her BROTHER Says She IS NOT STABLE But IN THE icu. Ouch.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
She's lucky it happened 15 minutes outside of LAX. I have been called for medical emergencies a few times over the years. (I am a physician). The supplies and medicines they have are useful for about 15-30 minutes but that is about it. If this happened over water, more than an hour outside of an airport with a medical center, she likely would not have survived.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
What are some of the events that happen in this type of situation?

Customs gets the name of the passenger from the airline and interviews them later? Customs exempts them?

Plane goes to the gate, not a remote stand?

This is a warning sign to me to travel before getting old (she wasn't old at about 60) and to not get stressed while traveling even though I almost never do. Good luck to her...
Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bloodyeyeballs
She's lucky it happened 15 minutes outside of LAX. I have been called for medical emergencies a few times over the years. (I am a physician). The supplies and medicines they have are useful for about 15-30 minutes but that is about it. If this happened over water, more than an hour outside of an airport with a medical center, she likely would not have survived.
Interesting. Do they at least have an AED on board?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1p
Yes, planes are equipped with an AED.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.