Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Services 2017 Notifications (ONLY)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyHighInTheSky
GS 2017 Notifications

This GS2017 notification thread is solely for those that have received definitive yes or no answers -- let's keep this new thread clean. If you feel comfortable doing such, please post your numbers in the thread or the Google Docs worksheet.

Please use 2017 GS Qualification Discussions thread for queries or wondering when the rest of the notifications will coming or if your numbers will get consideration.

Here is a form for people to fill out once they receive their Global Services qualification notification:

Originally Posted by Global Services Google Form
PLEASE ONLY FILL OUT THE FORM ONCE YOU HAVE QUALIFIED FOR GLOBAL SERVICES!!

Follow the form through and fill out as much as you can. There are a few required fields and a few optional fields. The more data you can provide, the better off we will be for building a prediction model.

You can view the results here:

Originally Posted by Global Services Data 2017
I made the spreadsheet uneditable this year because last year the data became almost unusable. Feel free to copy the data into another spreadsheet to form your own analysis. You will see some nice stats on the "Statistics" tab below.

To help standardize inputs ( and based on reports only UA operated flights are considered for GS), please make reference to
UA PQDs (only PQDs earned in UA operated flights). It takes a little work using the data in Account Summary Details to remove any non-UA operated PQDs.

Likewise UA PQMs, UA BIS and UA CPM.

IF YOU WERE DENIED GLOBAL SERVICES FOR 2017, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM

Originally Posted by Global Services Denial Form
The data from this form will be populated in the same spreadsheet above. There will be indicators on qualifiers and denials within the data (coming soon).

BIS is actual scheduled flight distance (Great Circle Mileage Distance -- GCM) between airports with 500 mile minimum for elites. This is the standard used for Lifetime miles also. Those flying mostly sub-500 segments sometimes prefer to not use the minimum rule.

The definition for CPM is a bit vaguer, especially since CPM is used in multiple different situations.

Believe for the purpose of this thread, GS qualification, folks are using

PQD CPM = UA PQDs / UA BIS

Note there is no direct evidence UA uses this CPM number for GS Qualification but it is a number FTers like to use.

As for BIS, UA does not report this number your account and it needs to be manually tracked. It is generally provided in the online itin -- under flight distance (you need to apply 500 mile min if applicable).

One way is to make use that PQMs are based on BIS but there may be a multiplier / bonus for high end fares. If always in 2x PQMs, you could divide by 2 to get BIS.

rwsteelers had a good method for determining UA BIS -- the change in Lifetime miles from the first of the year.

Thread from 2016 - Global Services Qualifications 2016

Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

2014 Global Services Notification Thread
Print Wikipost

Global Services 2017 Notifications (ONLY)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
No email, but I just checked mystatus page and I made it for 2017.
PQD: 63k (60.5k on united metal)
PQM: 282k (260k on united metal)
IAH based
2017 will be the 5th year in a row for me
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2.8 MM,UA-GS 1.3 MM,DL-PL,HH-DM,LH-SEN,Bonvoy-GL
Got the the congratulations message on my status page no email yet
I am a requal
my stats for 2016 only counting UA metal/016 Ticket

EWR Based

298K PQM
148K BIS
$76K PQD
46.5 PQS
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: United Global Services & Hilton Diamond
Reinvited for 5th consecutive year.
SFO Based

PQD = $59k
PQM = 171k
PQS = 40

All United metal.

International business class, coast-to-coast domestic first class, and short-haul domestic economy (vast majority of travel international and coast-to-coast).

Last edited by ruechalgrin; Dec 9, 2016 at 6:50 am
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM
Got reinvite message on mystatus.

Home Base: EWR
PQM: 355,002
PQS: 79.5
PQD: $61,520 (UA metal, $77,619 total)

By end of year I'll be at $71,124 on UA metal.

Should we enter what we requalified at on the spreeadsheet, or our year end total?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: United Global Services
Non-Hub and non international based and still qualified. Out of STL
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
Got the re invite confirmation this morning as well on the my status page

EWR
80K PQD
380K PQM
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by 1015-1k
Also, can the spreadsheet organizer clarify whether people are supposed to post their stats as of today (requal notification) or projected total end of year stats? It may make a bit of a difference, and I'd argue that people should post their stats of the moment they are notified of requalification.
Originally Posted by Acastus
Should we enter what we requalified at on the spreeadsheet, or our year end total?
I'd say do year-end stats as that's likely what it's based off of (especially if all your travel for the year is already booked).
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I entered total to date, about $3500 PQD more at basically same cpm.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:09 am

got the invite as well
311 pqm
83 pqd
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
I'd say do year-end stats as that's likely what it's based off of (especially if all your travel for the year is already booked).
Totally up to the person that has taken all their time developing and improving the spreadsheet. That said, I think it should only be what has actually been flown to date, not open bookings for December. Nothing prevents people from cancelling expensive/refundable bookings once GS status is granted. Can't believe UA looks at anything other than "what is in the bank" not "check is in the mail". Just my .02
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Totally up to the person that has taken all their time developing and improving the spreadsheet. That said, I think it should only be what has actually been flown to date, not open bookings for December. Nothing prevents people from cancelling expensive/refundable bookings once GS status is granted. Can't believe UA looks at anything other than "what is in the bank" not "check is in the mail". Just my .02
Fair point. Either way, there's no way to tell what data was entered. I think either way will be just fine. The cases where the remaining travel will make a difference likely won't get notified until the January 12th date anyway.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Mystatus.united.com says I've re-qualified for 2017. About $58K in PQD and 220K PQM (not sure about BIS - have to calculate that).
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:55 am

also received the requal today
$68 PQD
BDL based
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Giddy up!

Congratulations, we’re pleased to invite you to United Global Services for 2017. You're now eligible for the dedicated, discreet and exceptional service of our highest status.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Requal out of ORD (GS since Nov 2010) posted on 'mystatus...' website (no e-mail yet).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.